Published : Friday, 27 March, 2015 18:55 PM
Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar and Xavier University, Bhubaneswar, one of the premier B-Schools of India and a private university of global repute respectively, celebrated the 1st Convocation of XUB and 24th Convocation ceremony of XIMB today. For the past 27 years XIMB has set a benchmark in the field of management education and has helped build the nation by educating young minds. Over these years, the institute has seen glorious achievements in the corporate arena.
Xavier University, in its first year of operation is already making prominent presence in the industry and is imparting world class professional and technical knowledge by conducting numerous national and international programmes under its umbrella. Leading names in the industry have received education from XUB,XIMB and continue to add to the numerous achievements of this budding university. The outgoing batch of 2013-15 is all set to take this legacy forward to the corporate world. Given the excitement of the batch to enter into the next step of their career, the convocation ceremony turned out to be an event full of enthusiastic bright managers bagging their well-deserved degree certificates.
A batch of 403students belonging to the following Programmes graduated:
1. Doctoral-level Fellow Program in Management (FPM)
2. Masters in Business Administration (MBA-BM)
3. Masters in Human Resource Management (MBA-HRM)
4. Masters in Rural Management (MBA-RM)
5. Post-graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM-PT)
The occasion was graced by His Excellency Dr. S C Jamir, Honorable Governor of Odisha. He presided over the event for the evening. Amongst the distinguished personalities present were Mr. Rajive Kaul, Chairman NICCO Corporation Limited, Kolkata and Chairman of the XUB,XIMB Board of Governors, Fr. Paul Fernandes, S.J., Vice-Chancellor &Director, XUB,XIMB, Fr. Antony Uvary, S.J., Registrar &Associate Director, XUB,XIMB and noted Academicians, Senior Government Officials and Corporate Leaders, who are also a part of our elite Board of Governors.
XUB, XIMB have made significant contributions over the years in the field of Management and this year was no different. Several leadership talks, seminars, workshops, outbound learning programmes, business and cultural fests and events, immersion courses alongside the regular courses were conducted throughout the academic session. The outgoing batch has a lot to take with them as they walk out from here as proud Alumni ofXUB,XIMB.
The convocation ceremony began with a welcome note by the Registrar, Fr. Antony Uvary, S.J., followed by the Vice-Chancellors report by Fr. Paul Fernandes, S.J. and the Chairman’s address by Shri. Rajive Kaul. The meritorious students were presented with medals by His Excellency Dr. S C Jamir followed by the presentation of graduates of various courses by the respective Deans. The degree/diploma was awarded by Shri Rajive Kaul and the presidential address was delivered by His Excellency Dr. S C Jamir.
In his address, Father Paul, the Vice-Chancellor congratulated the graduating students. He urged them to be the guiding light for the world. He motivated them to believe in hard work, excellence and sincerity and always rekindle the core values imparted to them even in trying times. In his speech, Father Paul highlighted the achievements of the university, faculty and students in the year 2014-2015 which made XUB, XIMB proud. The Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme of Xavier Institute of Management, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha has been awarded National A *** National Grading and A *** State Grading. The university is the proud recipient of many awards. To name a few noteworthy ones:
1. XUB, XIMB has been given a special recognition “PEAK OF SUCCESS” by the World Confederation of Business at Las Vegas, USA
2. XIMB has been awarded the Gold Medal for Quality & Service by the Worldwide Marketing Organization in Paris, Francis for the year 2014.
3. XUB, XIMB has been awarded with 3 Palmes by Eduniversal International Scientific Committee. XIMB has been ranked in the Top 10 Business Schools in India in the Eduniversal Masters Ranking Survey 2014.
4. XUB, XIMB is the proud recipient of the ETNow National Education Leadership Award.
5. XIMB received the “ABP NEWS” National B-School Awards – 2014 for the Outstanding B- School (East) for the third consecutive time. The award is in recognition of leadership, development, marketing an institute and industry interface of Business school.
The following students were felicitated during the ceremony for meritorious performance in the field of academics for the graduating batch:
- C.M. KANDOI GOLD MEDAL: ATISH BAKSHI (FIRST RANK), SASWAT MOHAPATRA (SECOND RANK)
- FACULTY COUNCIL GOLD MEDAL: TO THE NEXT TEN RANK HOLDERS
- ORISSA JESUIT SOCIETY MEDAL: SHIKSHA CHOURASIA
- LEETA MISRA-ANKALKOTI GOLD MEDAL: SHIKSHA CHOURASIA
- RAVI SHARMA-ARSHA VIDYA GOLD MEDAL: SWAYAMBHU DUTTA
- ORISSA JESUIT SOCIETY MEDAL: KISLAYA GOPAL
- FACULTY COUNCIL GOLD MEDAL: ASHISH GUPTA, RAVI JAIN, NITIN SONI
- FR. M.V.D. BOGAERT GOLD MEDAL: AKRITEE BAHAL
- FACULTY COUNCIL GOLD MEDAL: ARJUN MITRA, SIB SANKAR DATTA, PRIYANKA BISWAS
- FACULTY COUNCIL GOLD MEDAL: JYOTI RANJAN ROUT, KISHORE KUMAR MOHANTY
- NTPC GOLD MEDAL: SHIKSHA CHOURASIA, PRIYANKA BISWAS, KISLAYA GOPAL
Xavier University, Bhubaneswar (XUB) was established in accordance with the Xavier University Act 2013 and was inaugurated on the 7th of July 2014. The university is a self-financing institution of higher learning for imparting professional and technical education. XIMB, a 27 years old business school of global repute is the Flagship School of Xavier University. XUB has proposed to set up other schools of higher learning in various areas like Public Policy, Sustainability, Media & Communications, Finance, Education and Centers of Research in Public Policy & others.
27 years ago, in the Temple City of Bhubaneswar, the Odisha Jesuit Society entered into a social contract with the Government of Odisha to set up Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB). Inspired by the Jesuit spirit of ‘Magis’, or excellence, XIMB strives to be a premier institute globally recognized for management education, training, research, and consulting that help build a just and humane society. The Institute today has become widely recognized for its excellence in imparting management education. It is counted among the leading management institutions in the country.
ABOUT FR. PAUL FERNANDEDS, S.J.
Fr. Paul Fernandes, S.J. holds graduate degrees in Theology, Philosophy and Mathematics. He did his Post-graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGD BM) from XLRI Jamshedpur, and M.Sc. in Economics and M.A. Licentiate in Applied Ethics from KU Leuven, Belgium. He has a Ph.D. in Economics and Ethics from KU, WWF Ingolstadt, Germany.
Fr. Fernandes has more than 23 years of teaching experience and more than 10 years of administrative experience. He has self-authored 6 books, and co-authored three, while successfully completing numerous consultancy assessments, researches and reports.
ABOUT HIS EXCELLENCY. Dr. S C Jamir
Dr. Senayangba Chubatoshi Jamir is a Statesman with national repute and architect of Nagaland as a state within India. His Excellency Governor of Odisha Dr. S. C. Jamir was sworn in on 21st March, 2013. He has held several important positions which include the Chief Minister of Nagaland and Governor of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Goa.