Congratulations to those of you who have received PI (Personal Interview) call. We hereby give you the commandments of experts to follow and maintain on Eye Contact in Personal Interview
Important points for maintaining Eye Contact in PI
Did you know that eyes are powerful tools, which can either make or break your interview? Body language plays an important role in a Personal Interview; so, apart from focusing on the content of your speech, also pay attention to what your body is indirectly conveying to your interviewer.
- Maintaining good eye contact can work wonders during a Personal Interview. When you look at a person directly in the eyes and speak, it shows that you are confident. And it also shows that you respect and acknowledge the interviewer’s presence.
- Maintaining eye contact with one interviewer is relatively easy. But what if there are two or more interviewers in the room? How do you ensure that you are maintaining good eye contact with each one of them?
- When answering a question, shift your gaze from one interviewer to the next. Do not ignore any interviewer, and at the same time, do not focus on only one interviewer. Also, do not stare at an interviewer or look at him continuously without blinking.
- Never look down or look at your hands during an interview. This shows that you are nervous and not confident of speaking in public. Business schools are looking for candidates who are confident of speaking to large groups of people.
- So, if you have stage fright or the fear of speaking in front of people, practice speaking in front of the mirror several times before stepping into an interview room.
- When you maintain eye contact, it shows that you are keen on getting an admission into the business school. Plus, it also shows that you are not hiding anything.
- To convey to your interviewers that you are an honest and a confident person who is not afraid of challenges, maintain good eye contact throughout the interview.