The Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS), established in 1988, is one of the largest networks, of Management Institutes in the world, with about 600 members
AIMS conducts the test for Management Admissions (ATMA). It is a single-window entrance test to enrol students to the various management programmes run by the member management institutes of the AIMS. The test has been designed to judge a management applicant from various parameters including his or her comprehension abilities, verbal reasoning capacities, analysing and synthesizing capabilities and numerical reasoning abilities.
ATMA has been approved by the Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India for admission on All India Basis to the MBA / PGDM and other Postgraduate Programmes like MCA.
ATMA 2017: Exam Notification
‘AIMS’ has announced the exam dates for online AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA 2017) entrance exam. It will be conducted on 25th June 2017. ATMA test will be held in about 30 cities.
ATMA 2017: Important Dates
|25th June 2017
- Date of Commencement of Registration: 29th May 2017
- Close of Payment (through NEFT/Bank Transfer) : 17th June 2017
- Date of closure of Registration : 18th June 2017
- Last date for reprint of filled-in application form : 22nd June 2017
- Downloading of Admit Cards : 22nd June 2017
- Online test : 25th June 2017 (1400 hrs to 1700 hr)
- Results : Around 29th June 2017
ATMA 2017: Eligibility
- Students having Bachelor's degree in any discipline can apply.
- Students appearing for their final year examinations are also eligible to apply.
- ATMA 2017: Application Procedure
A candidate can get application form in the following two ways:
ATMA 2017: Registration for the Test
- A Candidate must fill in the Registration Form available on the website (http://www.atmaaims.com/registration.aspx) using the Personal Identification Number (PID) received from the ATMA Secretariat and also the Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY) of the candidate.
- The candidate should take two printouts of the filled-in application (Registration) form after completion of all the personal particulars. The Roll number which gets generated thereupon will reflect in the Admit Card.
ATMA 2017: Admit Cards
Candidates can download their admit cards from the official ATMA website www.atmaaims.com
ATMA 2017: Contact Information
Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS)
Flat No. 101, Rekha Deluxe Enclave, Sangeetha Nagar
Punjagutta, Hyderabad – 500082
Phone: 040 – 2337 0024 / 34
ATMA 2017: Nature of the Test
The questions cover Analytical Reasoning, Quantitative, and Verbal skills.The following table shows the structure of ATMA.
Structure of ATMA 2017 Question Paper
||Number Of Questions
||Allotted Time (Min.)
||Analytical Reasoning Skills
||Analytical Reasoning Skills
ATMA 2017: Syllabus
The Test contains Questions on three abilities or skills. These are:
- Analytical Reasoning Skills
- Quantitative Skills
- Verbal Skills
Analytical Reasoning Skills:-
The Questions on Analytical Skills will examine the logical thinking abilities of a candidate. Do remember that a particular Question is less important than the reasoning task you are asked to perform. No specialized knowledge of any particular field is required for answering the questions and no knowledge of the terminology and conventions of formal logic are presumed.
In the Questions on Analytical Skills you need to analyse the situations on which each Question is based and then select the answer choice that is most appropriate response to the question.
Each set of Questions or group of Questions is based on a passage or set of conditions. In answering some of the Questions, it may be useful to draw a rough diagram. For each Question, select the best answer from the choices given.
The ATMA 2017 Quantitative Skills Questions will measure your ability to reason quantitatively, solve Quantitative problems, and interpret graphic data.
Types of multiple – choice Questions include:
- Data Sufficiency
Problem – Solving and Data Sufficiency Questions require basic knowledge of :
- Elementary algebra
- Commonly known concepts of Geometry
The ATMA 2017 Verbal Skills sections will measure your ability to read and comprehend written material in English language, to reason and evaluate arguments, and to correct written material to conform standard written English. Because the Verbal sections include reading sections from different context areas, you may be generally familiar with some of the material; however, neither the written passages nor the questions assume detailed knowledge of the topics discussed.
Types of Multiple Choice questions used in Verbal sections include:
- Reading comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Word meaning – antonyms, synonyms, analogies – your ability to recognize relationships among words and concepts, parallel relationships, etc.
- Sentence completions – your ability to recognize words or phrases that both logically and stylistically complete the meaning of a sentence.
In brief, the questions in Verbal Skills sections test your recognition of correct grammatical usage, vocabulary, and familiarities with words, your understanding and comprehension of the language (English) while reading and your ability to write clearly and briefly..
ATMA 2017: How to Prepare?
ATMA seeks to measure the aptitude of the student for higher management education. Such an aptitude in a person is typically shaped and developed over a long period of time and cannot be altered in a short time frame. Hence, preparation for ATMA cannot be similar to that of university examinations. However, familiarity with aptitude tests and speed can be improved with diligent and regular preparation.
Prepare well and achieve success at ATMA 2017 !
Any queries please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay informed, Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous