Updated : Thursday, 24 March, 2016 02:08 PM
CAT aspirants may note that countdown has already begun and this year IIM Bangalore is convening CAT Exam 2016.
- Exam date: November 2016
- Online Registration : August to September 2016
- Result: January 2017
Crucial Points to Remember
- CAT 2016 will be applicable to top 100 plus MBA institutes besides 19 IIMs.
- 6 New IIMs are at Amritsar, Bodh Gaya, Nagpur, Sambalpur, Sirmaur, Visakhapatnam
- Allotted Time for Exam will be for 180 minutes with 60 minutes for each section
- There will be 3 Sections in CAT 2016 and these will be
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA) with 34 Questions
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) with 32 Questions
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC) with 34 Questions
Tutorial to understand the format of the examination will be available from October 2016.
Steps of Registration for CAT 2016
- The registration window opens on August, 2016 and will close on September, 2016. The details about the registration process will be available on CAT 2016 website www.iimcat.ac.in.
- At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any four Test Cities as per their preference from the drop down menu.
- Candidates will be allotted one among the 4 preferred Cities in any 1 of the 2 sessions after the last date of registration. The candidates can download the admit cards from October, 2016 till their exam date.
Changed Exam Pattern
There will be 3 Sections in CAT 2016
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)
||Number of Questions
|Quantitative ability (QA)
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)
- Duration of the examination has been increased to 180 minutes instead of 170 minutes. There will be three sections, ‘Quantitative Aptitude (QA)’, ‘Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)’ and ‘Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)’. QA and VRC will have 34 questions each, and DILR will have 32 questions.
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers are to be typed on the screen.
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
- Candidates may attempt any section first. The questions can be answered out of sequence too.
- Toggling between sections is also possible to attempt questions.
- On-screen timer will mark remaining minutes for the test.
- Three (3) points will be awarded for each correct answer; one (1) point will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- There is no penalty for questions that are left unanswered.
Online Study Material for you
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous