1. Ram invested `2,500 each in two investment schemes viz. Compound Interest Scheme, interest being compounded annually and Simple Interest Scheme. If the difference between the CI and SI is `100 after 2 years, what is the rate of interest per annum, if it is same for both the schemes?
(a) 20% (b) 18% (c) 10% (d) 5%
2. Three parts of 32% H2SO4 is mixed with ‘n’ parts of 20% H2SO4 to form a 24.5% H2SO4 solution What is the value of ‘n’?
(a) 5 (b) 3 (c) 8 (d) 4
3. A family consists of father, mother, son and daughter. Ratio of the weight of the father to the weight of the son is 3 : 2. Ratio of the weight of the son to the weight of the mother is 5 : 6. If the weight of the daughter is 35 kg, half the weight of the father, find the weight of the mother.
(a) 42 kg (b) 56 kg (c) 46.6 kg (d) Cannot be determined
4. The following graph shows the expenses (in `) incurred by a family on power consumption and Internet usage for a period of six months.
What is the approximate average monthly expenses of the family for the given period on power consumption?
(a) `856 (b) `872 (c) `924 (d) `908
5. A shopkeeper marks the price of an article such that if two successive discounts of 20% are offered, he incurs a loss of 4%. What maximum discount can he offer such that he doesn’t incur any loss?
(a) 33.33% (b) 36% (c) 25% (d) 20%