After having cleared cutoff scores at MBA Institute, you will be invited for Group Discussion and now it is must for you to practice with variety of GD topics.
Read and develop points for discussion and make sure that you are concluding with conviction:
MBA means assurance of Job
For The Motion
• Undoubtedly, the need for the managers has grown over time and corporate have preferred MBA’s for these positions.
• Various researches suggest that as competition intensifies in an industry, marketing and analytics activity increases, resulting in more demand for MBAs.
• As MNCs expand into emerging markets like India, the demand for MBAs is going to go up.
• Higher GDP growth of emerging nations led by industry has created a platform where skills and knowledge with right attitude are in huge demand. Professional B-schools have catered to this demand by polishing graduates into world - class professionals.
Industry will continue to have huge demand for professionals who can take their business forward in an environment of cut-throat competition. B-schools are ready to accept this challenge of developing effective and purposeful managers for the industry. As long as these two things continue to complement each other, jobs are assured.
Against The Motion
• Entry barriers in the education industry have come down drastically, resulting in mushrooming of many new B-schools in the country.
• But in this process of expansion, quality of academics has gone for a toss. Moreover, the number of faculty has not increased at the same pace. There is a shortage of quality faculty across the board.
• Moreover, the supply of MBAs has outpaced the demand by the industry. This has made placements very challenging.
• Jobs per se is not an issue, the challenge is to get a job which matches one’s expectations from the point of view of profile as well as decent compensation.
• In this scenario, only the best with the right skills and attitude will get quality jobs.
Just getting into a B-school is not an end in itself. The real challenge starts after that. What a student does in two years will decide his or her fate? Getting the best out of the B-school should be the real motive of the student. If he does well in that, a good job will automatically be the natural outcome.