Innovative Brands which have been motivating consumers emotionally thus brands have become almost personified. MBA aspirants are expected to know the success story of brands.
This general awareness article on a growth story of ‘iPhone ’ will help you in WAT/Essay/GD and PI also.
Apple Incorporation is an American multinational corporation that has been successful all over the world. The brand has gained popularity, visibility and loyalty of its customers over the years and still goes strong even when it has tough competitors. Apple has many products under its umbrella that includes Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV etc.
The brand has a nice market that caters to people who look for products that define luxury, utility and class at the same time. The most popular product of Apple is iPhone and is among the most desirable gadgets of all age group. The people who started using iPhone became loyal to it and could never compare the experience the Apple iPhone gives with any other competitive brand.
The reason behind the success of iPhone:
• Creating Niche: iPhone was launched under Apple brand in the year 2007 and since then the phone has released many variants in which the iPhone 5S is the latest one. The brand has never compromised on quality and always focused on giving its customers a unique experience with its exclusive features like iTunes, smart looks, operating software, retina display and much more.
• Marketing: Right from the beginning the brand has put in efforts to market its phone by means of emotions. A product like iPhone does not promises to be a quality device but ensures a whole new experience by attaching itself with your lifestyle, emotions, imagination, power in your hands, liberty, dreams, hopes, innovation and aspirations.
• Advertising: Early ad campaigns with tag lines like ‘say hello to iPhone’ that launched the product to ‘think different’ every tagline has been designed to tap the audience’s need for a unique and stylish product.
• Price: The brand has never shy away from presenting itself a brand with high price range but having said that it has clearly justified its price with high class features that the iPhone offers and therefore once the customers buy this product they turn into ‘blind loyal’ to the brand.
• Variants: The iPhone offers a series of products that majorly varies in device storage. In any series of iPhone you have options available like 4GB, 16GB, 32GB etc. for instance Apple iPhone 4 series offer multiple choice to its customers like iPhone 4 8Gb, iPhone 4S 16Gb etc. and accordingly the price varies.
• Accessibility: The brand has its exclusive stores all over the world. Apple retail stores offer its customers a friendly and no-pressure ambience where they can discuss and discover more about the Apple family and its products.
The brand has made a buzz all over the market by launching the most awaited Apple iPhone 5. The company also promised to offer 4G cellular service to its customers. With the launch of the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C simultaneously, Apple set the new record for first-weekend smart phone sales as it sold over nine million devices in the first three days of its launch. The iPhone 5 series comes with extra ordinary features like body made from single piece of machined aluminum, mirror finish, finely textured, smooth edges, and sapphire crystal camera cover.