Published : Wednesday, 24 December, 2014 05:20 PM
The Institute of Finance and International Management is the first Institute in Bangalore to launch its Executive program in Business Analytics in partnership with IBM.
The program that had initially rolled out with 28 students on-board, has since then progressed toward 50 students with the strong support received from IBM. To commemorate the success and to welcome the new students from the IBM family, IFIM had organized an inaugural event on the 6th December 2014.
The inaugural deserves a special mention on account of the high profile dignitaries who took time out of their busy work schedule to grace the event.
The Dignitaries invited included The Chief Guest Ms. Sophie Bechu - VP, GTS IBM Global Services, Guest of Honor Mr. Ashok Rao - Chief Operating Officer, ING Vysya Bank and Special Guest Mr. Padmanaban Sukhumaran- Director, IBM Global Services. Mr. Amol Mahamuni - Program Director, GTS Service Delivery, IBM was a special guest invitee.
The program began with Prof Anand Narasimha - Dean Academics, IFIM welcoming the dignitaries and other esteemed guests.
Mr. Ashok Rao - COO ING Vysya, addressed the audience on the Banking reforms and changes in Technology brought on by analytics that has transformed the face of Banking over the years. This was followed by a short speech by the VP of IBM Global Services, Ms. Sophie Bechu who highlighted the importance of Analytics in Education in the Global Context. Mr. Padmanabhan Sukumaran- Director, IBM Global Services was the last speaker of the day. He talked about the usage of analytics in everyday life and the implications it has for future events. He congratulated the current students of the Executive program and encouraged the others to equip themselves with the knowhow of the domain, given that we are heading towards a future driven by Analytics and Business Intelligence.
The Vote of thanks was given by Prof Chowdari Prasad – Dean Planning and Development, IFIM drawing the event to a close.
Prominently, on the same day, was the inaugural of IIFIMs first virtual classroom sessions. The EPGDM BA has 10 out of 50 students who are based out of Bangalore witnessing full attendance of those who logged in virtually.
The grand success of the event not only was a confirmation of IFIM’s constant endeavor to adapt to change and be more industry relevant , but also to establish our credentials as the fastest growing Business School and a preferred destination for executive education.
About the Program
A specially designed program for working executives, from any level of management, intended to equip them with:
- Relevant theoretical and practical knowledge to implant Business Analytics solutions in their organizations
- Move up the ladder in their existing industry/company
- The program has been developed with a strong industry orientation and has several benefits: Recognized EPGDM degree approved by AICTE.
- Only Institute in Bangalore to offer EPGDM in Business Analytics in association with IBM ï‚· Certification from IBM on program completion.
- Curriculum designed and delivered by a blend of highly qualified and experienced faculty from IFIM, IBM and other industry experts.
- Experts from IBM will provide real world challenges for project experience and also mentor the students.
- Peer group interaction with students from other sectors/companies for cross-fertilization of ideas.
- Hands-on work at the IBM Business Analytics Lab on campus, equipped with latest tools and software.
- Convenience of weekend classes that do not disrupt work schedule.
- Campus located in the heart of Bangalore’s technology hub-Electronic City.
- Online resource material through Learning Management System (LMS).
- Access to IBM’s online and printed learning resources.
- Assistance with lateral placement (if required).
- The program also has virtual + face - to – face delivery option.
ABOUT IFIM BUSINESS SCHOOL, BANGALORE
IFIM Business School, Bangalore was founded in the year 1995 with its first batch of students graduating in 1997. All courses at IFIM are AICTE approved. IFIM has been accredited by SAQs and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified institution. Over the years it has grown to be amongst the top 40 business schools in India. Students from IFIM Business School have been regular recipients of such awards in National and International Events. IFIM Business School is also fast emerging as a leading destination for continuing and executive education. It is also one of the few private management institutes that have been approved to offer a Ph.D program in Management. It is well known for the quality of faculty, an up to date curriculum and a strong corporate interface. Today, it is among the fastest growing B-Schools in India. www.ifimbschool.com