The Indian Institute of Management Raipur (IIM Raipur) was setup in 2010 by the Government of India at Raipur in the state of Chhattisgarh. Country’s tenth IIM was established to meet the growing demand for top quality professionals. IIM-Raipur’s first batch of Post Graduate Programme was inaugurated by Dr. Raman Singh, Honbl’e Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh on October 11, 2010, under the mentorship of IIM- Indore. Prof.B.S. Sahay is the present director of IIM-Raipur.
IIM-Raipur sets future aim is to run a collective and exciting journey in the field of management education that can make IIM-Raipur:
• A world class institute with global outlook imbedded with regional and national focus
• An institute par excellence, which will be known for outstanding value based quality education, high quality research, executive education, consultancy and strong corporate as well as international linkages
• A B-school, which will serve the society, the state and the nation for economic growth and prosperity.
Presently IIM-Raipur operates from temporary base and classes are being conducted at Government Engineering College (GEC), Sejbahar in a dedicated spacious building. Shortly the place Naya Raipur would be the permanent destination for IIM-Raipur campus as Government of Chhattisgarh has identified 200 acres of land for campus construction. The proposed campus would be a state-of-the-art campus presenting a blissful mix of modern architecture, culture & heritage of Chhattisgarh.
IIM-Raipur existing infrastructure provides world class hostel and other facilities to the students. Wi-Fi enabled hostel provide fully furnished separate accommodation for boys and girls. ATM, Post office, photocopy etc all facilities are available inside the hostel. Students can explore their interest in different sports. There is well designed sports infrastructure provided by the institute where students can play outdoor and indoor games like Volley ball, Badminton, Basketball, Lawn Tennis, Carom, and Chess. A big fitness centre is also there with latest exercise equipments. Mess and a 24*7 open cafeteria are also available inside the campus.
The library at IIM Raipur subscribes to a number of periodicals, news papers and journals. IIM Raipur has subscribed to many online resources such as ABI/ Inform Complete, Capitaline, EBSCO Business Source Complete, etc. The institute is a member of Developing Library Network (DELNET) and Indian National Digital Library in Engineering Sciences & Technology (INDEST).
IIM-Raipur focused on practice oriented learning and a contemporary industry-focused curriculum.
Two Year Post-Graduate Programme in Management (PGM) is the flagship programme of IIM- Raipur. PGM is designed with an aim to provid an overall development of the students and groom them as future business leader to successfully face the challenge of global competition and dynamic market scenario. PGP offers specialization in Economics, Finance, Human Resource, IT & Systems, Marketing, Operation and Strategy Management.
The pedagogy at IIM- Raipur presents a mix of lectures, case studies (both Harvad, International and Indian cases), business games, simulation exercises, roll plays, group discussions, field visits, industry based projects and a lot of self-realized conceptual reflection.
IIM-Raipur is planning to start Fellow Program in Management and Executive Education program. Progmmes will be designed with an aim to broadening the horizon of participants and strengthening their skills to prepare them to face the challenges of the global business. IIM Raipur offers following programs at the senior and middle management level participants to gain new insights from fellow participants from other organizations :
• Management Development Programme
• In-Company Programmes
IIM- Raipur is also planning to offer Management Development Programs in different area in management to reflect the evolving realities of business and management practices. The MDPs will provide an opportunity to participants to exchange ideas and gain insights from a diverse range of peers.
IIM Raipur is committed to the welfare of mankind and the society. Institute mission is to help the society by applying Management Science in various required fields like environment, education, public welfare services, capacity building, skill development etc.
IIM Raipur has introduced compulsory course on Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility in Post-Graduate Programme in Management to ensure that students get sound grounding of the subject. This is followed by real-life projects to acquire hands on -experience.
Rural Immersion Programme to understand and sensitize the students towards the needs and problems of rural community and different plans of the governments to mitigate these problems.
Students of IIM-Raipur have started a Social Service Group called ‘KARTAVYA’.
Students at IIM-Raipur are engrossed in planning and conducting many events and activities in addition to the curriculum. Various clubs and committees in the institute are responsible for carry out events covering varied interests such as Finance, Operations, and Marketing etc.
• Finatix Club- The club aims to keep abreast with the current developments in the field of Finance and focuses on research in areas such as financial markets, instruments, regulations, etc. The club operates under the guidance of esteemed faculty on key aspects of Finance and latest trends.
It seeks to connect with the industry in all possible ways to bridge the gap between industry and classroom. The club's activities include conducting quizzes, guest lectures, releasing newsletters and organizing guest lectures.
• OPEP stands for Operations, Production, Enterprises and Project Management -This club endeavors to facilitate sharing of knowledge on management science, operations management, operations research, industrial engineering, quantitative methods and statistics. Its activities include releasing a bi-weekly newsletter, organizing team building exercises among students, industrial visits and guest lectures.
• Mantra -The Marketing Club plays the role of igniting the marketing instincts of the students and aims to emerge as the centre for creative thinking and innovation in marketing, which will ultimately facilitate the students to rise to the challenges of the global markets. The vision is to achieve the objective through on campus club events and activities. These include quizzes, knowledge sharing sessions, case contests etc.
IIM-Raipur is committed to making society more equipped with the usage of its resources more productively and efficiently. From, the very beginning IIM- Raipur has taken Social Responsibility as its motto and making an effort to work for the advancement of the society and helps to develop leaders with the strong sense of accountability towards the society.
for further latest updates about IIM-Raipur programmes and other academic activities.
Know more on IIMs and top B schools in India stay informed and stay inspired at MBA Rendezvous