December MAT 2016 : Don't deviate & maintain focus
MBA aspirants, who are appearing in MAT being conducted on coming Sunday, 11th December, 2016 paper based test and 17th Dec 2016 Computer Based, should note the following:
- Don’t waste time on one single question. Ensure that you complete the exam paper in 2 hour 30 minutes, so that you have enough time to revise and look for mistakes
- Be very sure of your answer before proceeding
- Do not get bogged down with complicated or lengthy calculations
- Use guessing intelligently and deploy the Selection by elimination method
- Learn how to work backwards, i.e., plugging the most attractive option in the question and see if it makes sense
- Convert quantities freely like ¼ is nothing but 25% of any given quantity.
- In questions that ask you to select a valid conclusion, always choose the one conclusion that must definitely follow from the information you are given and vice-versa.
- Pay special attention to words like “all,” “some,” or “none” when you read the factual information each question gives you
- Pay attention to negative prefixes also, such as non-, un-, or dis-
- Pay special attention to negative numbers when they are used in some questions
- Pay close attention to the word “ONLY” and to the phrase “IF AND ONLY IF”
- Don’t stick to one question for too long
- Aim to answer as many questions as you can