Published : Tuesday, 14 April, 2015 04:00 PM
MBA aspirants who are ready to take MAT on 3rd May, 2015 may follow following test taking tips which have been considered to be appropriate by previous MAT aspirants:
Before The Day of Test
• Get adequate rest the night before
• Wear comfortable clothes
• Practice, Practice, Practice.
When you start the Test
• Be aware and use the sample questions experience
• Keep careful track of time
• Read the directions for each question
• Read the questions carefully
• Use the scratch or rough paper provided by the test center
• Use your scrap paper for every calculation
• Read every answer choice
• NEVER assume or use any information that the question fails to give you
DURING THE TEST
- Be very sure of your answer before proceeding
- Do not get bogged down with complicated or lengthy calculations
- Use guessing intelligently and deploy the Selection by elimination method
- Learn how to work backwards, i.e., plugging the most attractive option in the question and see if it makes sense
- Convert quantities freely like ¼ is nothing but 25% of any given quantity.
- In questions that ask you to select a valid conclusion, always choose the one conclusion that must definitely follow from the information you are given and vice-versa.
- Pay special attention to words like “all,” “some,” or “none” when you read the factual information each question gives you
- Pay attention to negative prefixes also, such as non-, un-, or dis-
- Pay special attention to negative numbers when they are used in some questions
- Pay close attention to the word “ONLY” and to the phrase “IF AND ONLY IF”
- Don’t stick to one question for too long
- Aim to answer as many questions as you can
Last Minute Section wise tips
- Compose yourself between sections of the test and try to attempt maximum questions from each section.
- Do not underestimate the role that endurance plays as half the battle is just making it through all of the sections without becoming overly stressed or fatigued. Condition yourself by taking practice tests.
- Don’t rush - devote just the right amount of time to each question
- Don’t panic - Keep your cool all the time, even when you don’t know the answer.