NMAT 2018 Exam Pattern, Registration | Syllabus & Admit Card
NMAT is the entrance test considered by NMIMS for admission into various courses of Business Management Studies in NMIMS (Mumbai Campus, Bengaluru Campus and Hyderabad Campus)
NMAT By GMAC Exam 2018 Information
Important Dates – Registration / Exam Dates / Result Dates Now GMAC has assumed ownership and management of the NMAT exam in India from the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS). The exam will be retitled the NMAT by GMAC.
- NMAT 2018 Notification is Out
- NMAT 2018 Registration Dates are from 4th July 2017 to 3rd October 2017.
- NMAT 2018 Exam dates are from 5th October 2017 to 18th December 2017.
- NMAT 2018 Results will be out in 3rd week of January 2018
The dates for NMAT is announced. The registration for NMAT will open on 4th July 2017 for admissions in its School of Business Management for academic session 2018-20 and the students, after their formal registrations in NMAT 2018, shall be able to take online test in a window period from 5th October to 18th December 2017 with a choice of two more retakes after first attempt. NMAT 2018 Test Centers are mentioned later in the module.
It will allow choice of two retakes (i.e. 3 attempts in all) to the students if they wish to take the exam for the second and third time consecutively to better the score. In such cases, the best of three scores will be considered by NMIMS for admissions. It is the same pattern that NMIMS followed last year as well, for NMAT 2018.
The candidates appearing for the NMAT 2018 should also remember that it is not mandatory to appear for all the three or even two retakes offered by NMIMS as they will not lose out in competition with other appearing candidates if they chose to take the NMAT-2018 only once.
You may reschedule your appointment if you can't appear for the original test appointment. You may reschedule your appointment up to 72 hours prior to your original appointment. You may pay for your reschedule using credit card only.
|Sr. No.||Activity||Important Dates|
|1||Registration Start Date||Tuesday, July 04, 2017|
|2||Registration End Date||Tuesday, October 03, 2017|
|3||Scheduling Start Date||Tuesday, July 04, 2017|
|4||Scheduling End Date||Monday, October 16, 2017|
|5||Late Registration Start Date||Wednesday, October 04, 2017|
|6||Late Registration End Date||Saturday, October 14, 2017|
|7||Registration - Retake Start Date||Friday, October 06, 2017|
|8||Registration - Retake End Date||Thursday, December 14, 2017|
|9||Re- scheduling Start Date||Tuesday, July 04, 2017|
|10||Re-scheduling End Date||Friday, December 15, 2017|
|11||Exam Delivery Start Date||Thursday, October 05, 2017|
|12||Exam Delivery End Date||Monday, December 18, 2017|
|13||Re-take Scheduling Start Date||Friday, October 06, 2017|
|14||Re-take Scheduling End Date||Friday, December 15, 2017|
|15||Announcement of results||3rd week of January, 2018|
You should not be misled by others opinion on tests being easy or difficult in any given period of the test window. Remember that the tests in NMAT-2018 will be generated randomly from a pool of questions. You may be able to improve your score provided you have prepared better and have performed better during subsequent attempt that you decide to take but there is no guarantee that your scores will improve in subsequent attempts.
Scores will be equated for all the candidates and the percentile scores will be calculated after all the candidates have taken their exam(s) and announced on a set date at NMIMS website ( www.nmims.edu ) and candidates will know that date well in advance.
Registration and Payment of Fees
- Create an account on nmat.org.in using a valid email address.
- Provide contact information, personal, educational and work experience, the list of programmes to send scores, and the ID that you will use at the test centre. Indicate your interest in participating in a search service and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Your name and date of birth that you enter on the registration form must exactly match the name and date of birth on your Photo and Signature ID.
- Choose the schools to send your scores under the "Schools Preference" section. Up to 5 programmes are included in your registration fee. An additional fee of INR 200 + applicable taxes will be applied for each programme added in excess of 5 programs.
- You must upload a photograph that bears likeness to you and the photograph on your Photo ID. This photograph will be included on the admit card that you must bring.
- Pay the test fee.
- Once your payment is realized, your schedule exam option will be activated in your dashboard, so that you can go ahead and schedule your exam.
- You will be able to download your admit card from your dashboard once the payment is realized.
|Test Registration (Early)||INR 1800 + applicable taxes|
|Test Registration (Late)||INR 2000 + applicable taxes|
|Retake||INR 1800 + applicable taxes|
|Reschedule||INR 1000 + applicable taxes|
|Additional Score Reports (beyond first seven)||INR 200 per Score Report + applicable taxes|
|Name of the program||Number of Seats|
Two year full time programme having concentration in any one of the following area:
2. Information Systems
4. Operations & Decision Sciences
|MBA Human Resource||60|
|MBA Pharmaceutical Management||60|
|Bengaluru Campus||Number of Seats|
|Hyderabad Campus||Number of Seats|
NOTE: For NMAT 2017, candidates can apply for more than one Program
NMAT 2018 Exam Test Centers
|North||Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi|
|West||Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara|
|South||Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Vellore, Vizag, Vijaywada|
|Central||Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur|
|East||Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong|
- Candidates are advised to visit the NMIMS website www.nmims.edu to know the details of various steps of selection process. All communication to the candidates will be through NMIMS website only.
NMAT 2018 Exam Eligibility Criteria for Admission for Indian Candidates
|S. No.||Name of Program||Eligibility Criteria|
|1||MBA (Mumbai Campus)||
|2||MBA HR Selection process is separate (Mumbai Campus)||
|3||MBA Pharmaceutical Management - Selection process is separate (Mumbai Campus)||
|4||PGDM -Bengaluru Campus
PGDBM - Hyderabad Campus
Other Important Information regarding Admission for Indian Candidates
- For all the full time programs candidates who are appearing for the final examination are eligible to apply (Provisional admission subject to clearing the final examination in first attempt and in the stipulated duration as per the respective University/Institution awarding the degree with 50 % aggregate marks) and also producing all the necessary documents, in original, within the given stipulated time.
- For all the Full Time programs candidates with two years and more years of post-qualification work experience will be preferred.
- At the time of admission, the candidate should have cleared all the trimesters / semesters.
- Those candidates who have passed, or, have appeared for graduation examination from a University where Grade Point Average is given, such candidates must produce in writing from the University concerned about the equivalent percentage for the GPA/CGPA obtained.
- It is sole responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the necessary and requisite qualification for the admission at NMIMS.
- If at any stage, it is found that a candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria or the information furnished by him/her in the online registration is incorrect, his/her application for the admission to the Program, even if selected, will stand cancelled. Candidates appearing for NMAT, Group Discussion & Personal Interview will do so at their own risk, eventually, forfeiting their admission for want of meeting the eligibility criteria. In such cases candidate will forfeit all the payments like NMAT registration charges, GD-PI registration charges, Program fee etc.
- NMIMS reserves the right to alter the terms of eligibility without intimation to the applicants.
NMAT 2018 Exam Information for International Candidates
International candidates will include the following:
- Candidates holding passports issued by foreign countries and people of Indian origin who have acquired the nationality of foreign countries.
- Candidate who has Indian Passport but is working out of India continuously for more than two years (as on October, 2017).
- Sons & daughters or spouses of NRI who have been physically out of India or are out of India for a period of two consecutive years (as on October, 2017).
- Non Resident Indian candidates who have studied and passed the qualifying examinations from Universities in foreign countries. This will include the candidates studying in Universities situated in foreign countries but will not include the candidates studying in India in a foreign University campus located in India.
NOTE: GMAT score will be accepted from the above mentioned candidates in lieu of NMAT.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission:
- Full Time Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3/4) in any discipline from UGC recognized University with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in first attempt. The candidate must have completed graduation in the stipulated duration as per the respective University/Institution awarding the degree. Those candidates who have cleared their graduation by doing a part-time course or through distance learning, correspondence courses, externally, open school are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
- Valid GMAT score of 600 and above (GMAT score for last 3 years up to October, 2017 will be considered) for the international candidates.
- Admission is subject to getting clearance for the candidate's Government (if required) and a student visa from the Indian Embassy in your country.
- For all the Full Time programs candidates with two years and more years of post-qualification work experience will be preferred.
For the candidate based in India at the time of Group Discussion & Personal Interview -
- Group Discussion & Personal Interview for short listed candidates will be conducted in Mumbai only.
- Call letter for short listed candidate who needs to appear for Group Discussion & Personal Interview will be uploaded on the NMIMS official website www.nmims.edu.
- No separate call letter will be mailed.
- The final decision of the University will be based on the GMAT score, Group Discussion, Personal Interview scores, work experience scores, if any, along with academic scores.
For the candidate not based in India at the time of Group Discussion & Personal Interview –
Short listed candidates who are based outside India during this period will be telephonically interviewed at a prefixed date and time.
Compulsory Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
- Duly attested photo copies of Bachelor's Degree.
- Certificate of equivalence of the degree from competent statutory authority of the country.
- Mark sheet/Degrees in a language other than English should be got translated into English language and a copy of the same duly attested be attached.
- TOFEL or IELTS score card.
- GMAT score card
- Medical Insurance documents
- Copy of passport
- 'STUDENT VISA' endorsed to NMIMS for joining full time Program. No other endorsement is acceptable. The Visa should be valid for the prescribed duration of the Program.
- Proof of residence.
NMAT 2018 Exam Paper Pattern
NMAT 2018 would be an objective type multiple-choice test, i.e. there will be no descriptive type questions. Also there will be no negative marking. This shall encourage the candidates to take the test in a confident manner and to take calculated risks while answering and not drop a question for the fear of deduction in marks. This system of no negative marking has been adopted by NMIMS as per the current ‘best global practices and psychometric principles’.
NMAT 2018 Sections of Exam Paper
|Sr. No||Section||No. of Questions||Time in Minutes|
- NMAT is a comparative exam and not self – performance oriented, i.e. it is important for you to perform well relative to other candidates in each of the 3 sections of the test as the score of each section and the overall score will be used to shortlist the candidate for the second stage of the selection process as well as in the final ranking.
- Candidates will get admission if they meet the required standards of a two-stage selection process. All eligible candidates are required to appear for the computer based NMAT to be conducted across the country. Short listed candidates will have to appear for group discussion and personal interview which will be held in Mumbai only.
NMAT 2018: CBT (Computer Based Test)
The NMAT-2018 is a computer-delivered test where each candidate gets a randomly generated exam from a pool of questions. The number of questions, difficulty levels and the time limit for each of the sections is predetermined and, under normal administration conditions, are the same regardless of when and where the test is administered. The test is non-adaptive in which the computer will display questions one at a time.
In NMAT 2018, candidates can choose the order of three test sections. Each section has an allotted section time and the candidate has to complete the section including answering and reviewing the questions in the given section time limit.
NMAT 2018 Exam Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Dictionary meanings of different words,
- Syntax, and correct grammar
- Language usage and their rules
Quantitative Skills, Data Interpretation & DS
- 2D and 3 D Geometry, and Statistic.
- Line graph
- Bar graph
- Pie chart.
- Multi-dimensional arrangements,
NMAT 2018 Exam Preparation Strategy
- NMAT is 120 minutes CBT test the most important thing is that one should ensure SPEED & ACCURACY
- Starts from N.C.E.R.T books and clear your basics.
- Do as much practice as you can by solving practice papers, sample papers etc.
- Find out your weak areas and work upon them.
- MBA Entrance Gide CAT/ MAT/ JMET/ MHCET/ FMS & Others MBA Entrance Exams
- All India Entrance Test CAT XAT ATMA JMET MAT by Chandresh Agrawal
- Guide to MBA Entrance Test - MAT CAT ATMA XLRI SCMHRD NMIMS JMET Etc
- JMET MBA Entrance Compel Book by Chandresh Agrawal
- Model Test Papers JMET Joint Management Entrance Test
- Guide Plus Self Scorer for MBA Entrance Exams CAT XAT CET JMET RMAT Symbiosis etc.
- Complete Kit for MBA Entrance Exam for CAT, MAT XLRI FMS XAT JMET & All other MBA Entrance Exams by Sanjeev Verma
It has three campuses for Business Management Program:
- Mumbai Campus
- Bengaluru Campus
- Hyderabad Campus
Post Graduate Programs offered by SBM – NMIMS are:
- MBA Core - Started in the year 1981, this is the flagship program of the institute
- MBA Banking - Started in 2007
- MBA Capital Markets - Started in 2006 (in collaboration with the Bombay Stock Exchange)
- MBA - Pharmaceuticals Management
- MBA - Human Resource Management
- PGDBM - Business Management
- PGDM - Post Graduate Diploma in Management (NMIMS Bengaluru and Hyderabad campuses)
- EPGDM - Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (NMIMS Bengaluru and Hyderabad campuses)
Admissions to all these programs are through NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) followed by Group Discussions/ Personal Interview.
NMIMS Business School has been awarded CRISIL and ICRA Ratings at highest level and also accredited at highest level by NBA. It is consistently ranked in Top-7 B-Schools in India overall & in Top-4 B-Schools for intellectual capability. The median salaries & number of offers at NMIMS are steadily growing every year and there is a 100% placement track record.
The number of students aspiring for NMAT has been growing largely every year. Among the online tests in India conducted in CBT mode, NMAT has become one of the largest with an error free track record for three years by now.
NMAT Accepting Institutions/Colleges
|SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad|
|Xavier School of Human Resource Management - Bhubaneswar
Xavier School of Rural Management - Bhubaneswar
Xavier School of Sustainability - Bhubaneswar
Xavier Faculty of management (Urban Management & Governance) - Bhubaneswar
|SRM University||Kattankulathur Campus, Chennai, Ramapuram Campus, Chennai,Ramapuram Part - II Vadapalani Campus, Chennai, NCR Campus, Delhi|
|BML Munjal University||Gurgaon|
|VIT University||Chennai, Vellore|
|ICFAI Business School (IBS)||Dehradun, Tripura, Sikkim, Hyderabad, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Jharkhand, Raipur, Jaipur, Himachal Pradesh|
|Mody University||Lakshmangarh in Rajasthan|
|GITAM School of International Business||Visakhapatnam|
|Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University||Hyderabad|
|Thapar School of Management||Mohali|
|Shiv Nadar University||Gautam Buddha Nagar
|Amity University||Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Woxsen School of Business Management||Hyderabad|
Requirements Of NMAT Exam On Test Day
On test day, arrive at the test centre at least 45 minute prior to your test appointment. Documents to be carried with you:
- Confirmation email printout
- Admit Card: Candidates are required to download their NMAT by GMAC™ Admit Card from their NMAT by GMAC account.
- One valid Photo ID and another Signature ID in original form must be presented from the list below for candidates taking test at test centres in India:
- List of primary IDs (containing your name, photo, and signature)
- Passport issued by the Government of India
- PAN Card issued by the Government of India
- Voter's ID Card
- UID/Aadhaar Card
- List of Secondary IDs (containing candidate name and signature)
- Passport issued by the Government of India
- PAN Card issued by the Government of India
- Debit/Credit Card
- Driver's License
- One photocopy of the primary ID for submission at the test centre.
Note: If you are unable to produce the above forms of valid ID (non– expired, original format), Admit Card or confirmation email printout you will not be admitted into the testing room and you will not receive a test fee refund.
- Admit Card is a document containing your registration details and photograph. In order to take the NMAT by GMAC™ exam, you are required to produce the Admit Card along with other necessary documents on the day of the test.
- You are required to upload your photographs as per the specification provided on the registration website
- You will be able to print your Admit Card with photograph after the payment is accepted by GMAC.
- You will be required to carry the Admit Card to the test centre and get it signed by the test administrator at the designated place on the day of the test.
- If you are opting to retake the exam you must retain the ‘same’ Admit Card that you carried for the first / previous attempt (signed and stamped by the test administrator). You will be required to produce the ‘same’ Admit Card and will have to get it signed and stamped at the test centre where you appear, for you to retake the exam. Please note you may or may not get the same test centre as allotted to you for your previous attempt(s).
NMAT Exam Score Report
Your NMAT Test scores will be published on the nmat.org.in website within 4-5 weeks after your test date. Once the scores have been published you will receive an email indicating that your scores are available. To access your scores you can login to the website nmat.org.in. At the same time, your scores will be sent to the schools that you elected to share you scores.
What is included on your score report?
Your scores will include a scaled score for each section, a total score as well as a percentile ranking. The following table lists the range of scores possible on the different sections of the NMAT exam.
|Logical Reasoning skills||0-120|
Scaled scores - All of the test forms are equated to account for any differences in overall difficulty and the raw test scores are placed on a common scale. This process ensures that scores are comparable across test forms such that the scores are not impacted by different candidates getting different test forms.
Historical Percentile scores - The historical percentile rank or score shows how a you have performed compared to all other candidates who took the exam (e.g. all candidates who took the NMAT exam) in the previous year. For example, if a candidate is said to be at the 75th percentile, the candidate scored better than 75 percent of the candidates who took the NMAT in the previous year. The historical percentiles will serve merely as a guide for schools and to you.
Final Percentile Scores: The Final Percentiles for each year are calculated at the end of the year after all candidates have completed taking the NMAT exam. Your score report and the score report that is sent to schools will be updated with the final percentiles on 15th January, 2017. Additionally, the final percentile results will be posted on the NMAT website.
About NMIMS University
In 1981, Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM) established NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) to meet the growing demand for management education.
The consistent academic quality, research focus, faculty from top national & global institutes and strong industry linkages at NMIMS have placed it amongst the nation’s prime centers of educational excellence & research. In 2003, NMIMS was declared a deemed-to-be university under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956.
With the legacy of 32 years, NMIMS has grown to being not only one of the top-10 B-schools in India but also emerged as a multi-disciplinary University with four campuses at Mumbai, Shirpur, Bengaluru & Hyderabad and nine constituent schools that include Management, Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture, Commerce, Business Economics, Science, Law & Distance Learning.
Today more than 12000 students and 350 full time faculty members are part of India’s most sought after academic community i.e.NMIMS
Prepare well and achieve mission NMAT 2018
Registration Application and payment related queries:
Phone Support: 09213027791 / 09213027792 – Monday to Friday (except public holidays - 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM IST)
Email Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Live chat support - Monday to Friday (except public holidays) - 9.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST
Scheduling related queries:
Phone Support: 0120 4397855 – Monday to Saturday (8:00 AM to 6:00 PM IST) (Except public holidays)
Email Support: Email Support: email@example.com
For more updates on NMAT 2018, stay tuned to MBA RENDEZVOUS.