Published : Wednesday, 27 July, 2016 6:41 PM
Interview with Paras Fatnani , Regional Director -India, Middle East & UK
1. What is QS World MBA Tour India - Study in the US.
QS World MBA Tour – Study in the US events are a platform where aspiring MBA Candidates from all across India have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with 18 top-ranked business schools from the US. The country being the birthplace of the MBA has always been seen as a great place to learn from and considering it’s booming economy, there’s a continuous trend of Indians looking to go move to the US for Higher Education.
The QS World MBA Tour – Study in the US Series of events aims to bridge the gap between the demand of the US MBA in India and the interest from top US B-schools to recruit top Indian talent.
2. How I will be benefited by visiting this tour
Unlike numerous events that happen where you don’t get a chance to meet the school itself, these events are an ideal opportunity to meet face to face with Admissions Directors i.e. the decision makers for your applications as well as outstanding Alumni from these schools to get all your queries clarified.
On top of that, you will also have a chance to network with fellow applicants, interact with other support organisations like education loan companies, test preparation organisations for GMAT & GRE too.And lastly but I’m sure it’s very helpful, attending these events will make you eligible to apply for exclusive QS scholarships worth USD 1.7 Million, as well as avail of some application fee waivers offered by the attending schools.
3.Which are the universities participating in the event.
Some of the attending B-Schools include;
- S.C. Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University, ranked 25th in North America;
- The Goizueta Business School at Emory University, ranked 39th in North America;
- Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University, ranked 53rd in North America;
- W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University, ranked 55th in North America.
You can find the complete list of schools on www.topmba.com/india
4. Would we be given counselling on eligibility and placement output from these universities.
All participating schools will present for 20 minutes at the events giving thorough details about eligibility as well as their placement records and support systems. The other thing I would recommend is to speak to the Alumni from the schools who will be at the event. They are some of the best people to get first hand and honest advice from.
Additionally, there will be QS experts as well as some of our admissions counselling partners at the event who have been working with North American B-Schools for over 10 years and will be able to offer advice on school selection, eligibility and post-MBA employment.
5. How would I be maintaining my network with these universities post the event.
We have recently launched a few initiatives that will help candidates continue and build their connection with these institutions;
1. We have the brand new QS Events app for candidates that is live on Google Play for Android users as well as on the Apple Store for IOS users. This app will help candidates not only make the most of the event but also give them details of the representative they met from the school. This way, the candidate will have details to reach out to the institution and continue the conversation.
2. WWW.QSLEAP.COM – We have built a platform where each school going forward will have a community and candidates will not only be able to interact with schools but also be able to connect and follow fellow applications and alumni who will give further advice.
Register online at www.topmba.com/rendezvous
India, Middle East & UK
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous