Updated: Friday, 11 August, 2017 10:05 AM
SNAP Exam 2017 - Important Dates & Information
Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is conducted by Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune for admission to various Post Graduate Programmes for the academic year 2018 – 20.
The SNAP Test will be on December 17, 2017.
Since 2007, candidates aspiring to join MBA programs offered by institutes of Symbiosis International University have to take the common, mandatory Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Test.
A candidate used to register for SNAP Test & then register with the institutes offering his/ her choice of program by paying separate institution registration fees.
If shortlisted, he/she would then attend the GE-PI-WAT process conducted by each of these institutes.
SNAP 2017 : Admission Process
SNAP 2017 is the initial step in the admission process.
After that, the selected students will be required to submit applications in individual colleges and clear their respective rounds of selection that are generally Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
For Free Bulletin Click Here
SNAP 2017 : Important Dates
|Online Registrations for SNAP commences||August 10, 2017|
|SNAP Test Registration closes||November 24, 2017|
|SNAP Test payment closes||November 24, 2017|
|SNAP Test Admit Card available on website||December 05, 2017 to December 18, 2017|
|SNAP Test 2017||December 17, 2017|
|Announcement of Result||December 28, 2017|
SNAP Exam Alerts
Register below to get SNAP 2017 Alerts on &
Exam Time : 02.00 p.m. - 04.00 p.m.
SNAP 2017 : Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidates who meet the eligibility criteria should apply for the SNAP 2017. The criteria is as follows:
- The candidates should have completed their graduation in any discipline from statutory university with minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) for all the Master of Business Administration Program.
- Candidates who have completed qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU.
- Evaluation Division of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)issues equivalence certificate for foreign degrees/qualifications. The contact details are as below:
Association of Indian Universities
AIU House, 16 Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg (Kotla Marg),
New Delhi-110002, India
Tel. No.+91-11-23230059; 23232429; 23232305
SNAP 2017 : Registration Process
To register, one has to visit the official website of SNAP 2017,
The registration fee for SNAP 2017 test is Rs.1750/- (+ additional payment gateway charges at actuals). However, candidates will have to apply for their desired institutes separately.
SNAP 2017: How to apply for the test ?
- Step I – Online Registration
- Register for SNAP test at www.snaptest.org
- Fill in the required details and upload latest scanned photograph
- SNAP ID is generated
- Step II – Payment
4 payment options are available :
- Cash – After online SNAP 2017 registration, take a print out of ‘Axis Bank Challan’ from SNAP website. This will be in 3 parts. Pay Rs. 1750/- in cash at any Axis Bank branch in your city.
NOTE: Candidate should keep the ‘Student copy’ as payment receipt. Sign the stamped ‘Symbiosis copy’ of the ‘Axis Bank Challan’ and send it to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat.
- Demand Draft – Get a DD from any nationalized bank and courier it to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat Address. Submit a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 1750/- from any Nationalized Bank in favour of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
Choose the mode of Payment as 'DD Payment' in "Make Payment" Tab. Take a print of the payment advice form, fill in the DD Details, sign and send it along with the DD to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat only at,
SYMBIOSIS TEST SECRETARIAT,
SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115
Phone: 020-39116226/ 27.
- Credit Card - Make an online payment through using either a Master or Visa card
- Net Banking - Transfer the SNAP test fee to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat a/c through Net Banking
- Step III – Admit Card
- Print the admit card which will be available on December 17, 2017.
- Preserve this authenticated Admit Card for the further selection processes of individual Institutes.
SNAP 2014 Question Paper with Analysis
The structure of the SNAP Exam remained same as of previous years. Some students found the English and GK section to be tough than before.
There were 3 sections, with 40 questions of 1 mark each (QA & DI, General English and General Awareness). Logical Reasoning had 30 Questions of 2 marks each.
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
This section had questions on Probability, pie charts, time and distance, percentages clocks, trigonometry, number theory, Profit Loss, Logarithm, Averages etc.
- General English
Mostly questions were of type: Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Fill in the blanks, Correct Incorrect Sentences
- General Awareness
Questions on Current affairs, literature, sports, science etc.
- Logical Reasoning
Questions on Syllogisms, Venn diagrams, Relationships, Complex arrangements, Analogies, critical reasoning etc. were asked.
SNAP 2017 : Contact Details
|Address||Symbiosis International University
Symbiosis Test Secretariat
Gram: Lavale, Tal Mulshi,
Dist: Pune – 411042 India
|Phone||020-39116226 / 27|
SNAP 2017 : Courses offered
There are different courses offered by different Symbiosis Institutes across India and following courses are common to all :
SIBM Pune | SCMHRD | SITM | SIMS | SIIB | SIOM Nashik | SIBM Bengaluru | SSBF | SIBM Hyderabad
SICSR | SCIT
Media, Communication and Design
SIMC Pune | SSMC Bengaluru
Health and Biomedical Sciences
SIHS | SSSS
SNAP 2017 : Paper Pattern for the test
- The duration of the SNAP test is two hours (120 Minutes).
- The test follows an MCQ (Objective) format wherein each question lists 4 options out of which a student has to select the right answer.
- ¼ marks (25%) are deducted for every wrong answer.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning and Ability||40||40|
|General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Business Scenario||30||30|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency||40||40|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||40||40|
SNAP 2017 : Syllabus
NOTE: The syllabus mentioned is not exhaustive, but indicative only.
- Geometry (Lines, Angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone, etc.)
- Ratios and Proportion,
- In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra,
- Profit & Loss,
- Work and time,
- Number system,
- HCF &LCM,
- Geometric Progression,
- Arithmetic progression,
- Arithmetic mean,
- Geometric mean,
- Harmonic mean,
- Number Base System,
- Alligation& Mixtures,
- Work, Pipes and Cisterns,
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest,
- Set Theory,
- Venn Diagram,
- Installment Payments,
- Clocks, Probability,
- Permutations & Combinations,
- Binomial Expansion,
- Co-ordinate geometry,
- Maxima & Minima Progression,
- Surds & Indices,
- Complex numbers, Etc.
DI AND REASONING :
- Data Interpretation based on text, graphs and tables.
- Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn diagram, etc.
- Critical reasoning,
- Visual reasoning,
- Assertion and reasons,
- Statements and assumptions,
- Identifying valid inferences ,
- Identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments,
- Statements and conclusions,
- Cause and Effect,
- Identifying Probably true,
- Probably false,
- definitely true,
- definitely false kind of statement,
- Linear arrangements,
- Matrix arrangements.
- Family tree - identifying relationship among group of people,
- Symbol Based problems,
- Coding and decoding ,
- Sequencing ,
- Identifying next number in series, Etc.
- Comprehension of passage (Poems can also come)
- Verbal Reasoning,
- Contextual usage,
- Fill In the Blanks,
- Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences,
- Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed),
- Sentence Correction,
- Foreign language words used in English,
- Sentence completion,
- Sentence correction,
- Odd man out,
- One word substitution,
- Different usage of same word, Etc.
GK / GA / BA :
- Current Affairs,
- Punch line of companies,
- Top officials of big companies,
- Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- World Records
- Books and authors
- International organizations
- Important quotations
- Social issues,
- Politics, Etc.
There will be 40 questions on General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Business Scenario with allotted 40 marks. Questions are generally based on government schemes, financial understanding, Environmental issues, sports.
Read newspapers daily, analyse important news
SNAP 2017 : List of Test Centers
List of Test Cities
SNAP 2017 : Institutes accepting the test Score
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management , Pune
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM)
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Science (SIHS)
- Symbiosis Centre for Management & Human Resource Development, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Pune
- NIA Business School - Noida
- Badruka Institute of Foreign Trade (BIFT), Hyderabad
- Balaji Institute of Telecom & Management (BITM), Pune
- Management Institute for Leadership and Excellence – MILE, Pune
- MIT COM, Pune
- Lotus Business School, Pune
- Indian Institute of Management Training (IIMT), Pune
- Suryadatta Institute of Management & Mass Communication, Pune
- Lakshmi Narain College of Technology, Bhopal (LNCT-B), Bhopal
SNAP 2013 : Analysis
- Exam Name: Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP 2013)
- Exam Date: 15th December 2013
- Total Duration of the exam (minutes): 120 minutes
- Total number of questions: 150
- Number of Sections: 4
- Number of choices per question: 4
- Marks per question: Sections- GE, QA-DI-DS and GA- 1 mark; AR-LR- 2 marks
- Negative Marking: 1/4th (25%)
- Mode of marking the ovals: Pen (Black/Blue)
Sections as they appeared in the paper :
|Section||Subject Area||No. of Questions||Marks allotted|
|Section I||General English||40||40|
|Section II||Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency||40||40|
|Section III||General Awareness||40||40|
|Section IV||Analytical and Logical Reasoning||30||60|
Section I- General English
|Topics||Number of Questions||Level of Difficulty|
|Fill in the Blanks (definition based-Figures of Speech)||1||Easy|
|Fill in the blanks (Jumbled Parts of Sentences)||2||Easy to medium|
|Synonym-Antonym||4||Medium to difficult|
|Sentence Correction||6||Easy to medium|
|Spot the Error||4||Easy|
|Active / Passive Voice||2||Easy|
|Contextual Meanings of words from a paragraph||5||Easy to medium|
|Fill in the blanks (grammar based)||4||Easy|
|Jumbled Paragraphs (1st & last sentences fixed)||1||Easy to medium|
|Odd One Out||1||Easy|
Section II- Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
|Topics||Number of Questions||Level of Difficulty|
|Arithmetic(Numbers Properties, Percentages, Ratio, Work, TSD, averages)||20||Easy to Medium|
|Modern Maths( Probability, Log, Permutaion and Combination)||4||Medium|
|Data Interpretation( Pie chart based)||5||Medium|
|Data Interpretation(Bar Graph based)||4||Easy|
Section III- General Awareness
- There were questions based on current affairs and economics.
- There were questions on current government schemes like ‘Swayamsiddha’, ‘Look East Policy’ etc.
- Other topics included Share Swap, Carbon Credits and teaser loans.
- Some of the questions with multiple statements on a topic where the test taker had to select all correct/incorrect information were slightly tricky and time consuming.
- Good newspaper reader would definitely find this section easy.
Section IV- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
|Topics||Number of Questions||Level of Difficulty|
|Set based on Cubes||3||Easy|
|Sets based on Arrangements||5||Easy|
|Input Output based set||5||Medium|
|Verbal Reasoning - Analogy||1||Medium|
|Critical Reasoning||8||Medium to difficult|
|Set Based on Directions||2||Medium|
Prepare well and achieve mission admission SNAP 2017
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous