- A 33% increment in Average Stipend YoY which stands at Rs 53,000. Highest stood at Rs 1,40,000.
- 1.58 offers per candidate with companies from 13 sectors to choose from.
- Sustainability Consulting, a niche consulting offered for the first time to Interns in India.
- JSPL and ONGC were largest recruiters with 4 offers each.
- Key Companies that participated were Citibank, Ernst and Young, KPMG, Vodafone, JWT, Tata Motors, PepsiCo, ICICI Bank, Actuate Business Consulting, Aegis Consulting etc.
The Career Development and Placement Office, IIM Raipur has released the Summer Internship Report for the batch 2011-13. The 8 week internship which is a part of the curriculum is important for getting a healthy exposure to working in corporates. The average stipends increased by 33% YoY and the number of offers per candidate stood at 1.58. The highest package was offered by Niche Consulting Firm and stood at Rs. 1,40,000. The Institute was visited by recruiters with many being first time recruiters. Prominent Names include Citibank, KPMG, Ernst and Young, Vodafone, PepsiCo, JSPL, Tata Motors, Hero Motors, J Walter Thompson, ICICI Bank and SEBI. A number PSUs also participated in the process and emerged as leading recruiters prominent being ONGC, BPCL and Bank of Baroda.
Some of the profiles offered included Product Launch Strategy, Business Development in European Markets etc. Sustainability Consulting was a niche profile offered to the institute which is one of the first of its kind in Internship in India. The companies came from over 13 sectors representing wide variety of opportunities for students to choose from. Students had a diverse mix to choose from which included Telecom, FMCG, Consulting, Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing as well as NGOs and Startups. In all 41 companies visited the campus and made 76 offers.
Speaking about the Summer Internship process the Chairperson Placements Dr M Kannadhasan said "IIM Raipur, in a space of two years, has emerged as a preferred institute for recruiters who found the students impressive in their subject knowledge and aptitude. The whole process was designed to provide the best fit companies according to the profile of the candidates. I am pleased to see several companies that came to the campus for the first time and many companies who came last year came back again this year as well."