XAT 2018 Exam Pattern Important Dates Admit Card Eligibility
Exam Date for XAT is 7th January 2018.
Date of Commencement of Application
Last Date for Applying (Without Late Fee)
Last Date for Applying (With Late Fee)
XAT Exam Alerts
Register below to get XAT 2018 Alerts on &
XAT 2018 Exam Pattern/Structure
The Exam shall consist of the following sections :
- Quantitative Ability
- English Language & Logical Reasoning
- Decision Making
Instructions for XAT Exam 2018
As per the latest XAT exam pattern, the exam will be online based with a time period of 3.5 hours.
As the number of questions keeps on changing as they are not fixed.
You need to maneuver your XAT preparation with immediate effect and note that since pattern of questions have changed so you must make it point not to leave un-attempted questions more than 13 or in other words you have to attempt 65 questions positively in part 1 of exam.
You also need to ensure that you are not doing any guess work as for every wrong answer ¼ of the mark will be deducted.
General Knowledge and Essay will highly crucial and can prove to be differentiator.
Click the following and maneuver your preparation with change pattern of XAT 2018.
Information On XAT 2018
XAT or Xavier Aptitude Test is the entrance exam organized by Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur.
However, it is conducted by the Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) for admission in XLRI and many other top tier management institutes of India.
XLRI application has been embedded with XAT application.
Candidates applying to XLRI do not have to fill up two separate forms.
It is considered to be one of the toughest MBA entrance exams in India that calls for complete dedication and awareness.
XAT 2018 will be conducted on January 7, 2018.
XAT 2018 Admit Card
MBA Aspirants can download their admit card from XAT Official website www.xatonline.in in December 2017. XAT office will not be sending admit cards to the candidates.
XAT Exam Analysis
XAT 2015 had 84 Questions in total, divided in 2 Parts.
Part 1 – Verbal Ability, Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
Part 2 – GK and Essay
All questions carried equal marks. There were 5 choices for each question. One fourth mark deducted for every incorrect attempt.
||No. Of Questions
||Verbal and Logical Ability
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
Break up of sections as below:
||No. of Questions
|Verbal and Logical Ability
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
||Algebra and Functions
|Profit and Loss
Students might perceive with the concept of XAT being the toughest to crack but, experts who have been analyzing this examination for a long time now, claims that you do not need to be a mathematical genius or a literature pundit to crack this test. Rather, the real objective of the examiner's is to check the presence of mind, common sense and logical ability of the aspiring candidates and to cherry pick those who are promising enough and show tremendous potential.
XAT scores are accepted by several prestigious MBA institutes like
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship - Bangalore,
- Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar – Bhubaneswar,
- Xavier Institute of Social Service – Ranchi,
- XLRI Jamshedpur School of Management – Jamshedpur,
- Xavier Institute of Development Action and Studies – Jabalpur,
- Xavier Institute of Management & Research – Mumbai,
- S P Jain Institute of Management Research (SPJIMR) Mumbai,
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai, etc.
XAT 2018 will be conducted on 7th January 2018 Sunday and the registration for the same are open.Register at http://forms.xatonline.in/xat2018/.Detailed bulletin is available on http://www.xatonline.in/.
XAT 2018 Exam Cities (within India)
XAT 2018 will be conducted in 47 cities across India and 2 International cities (Dubai, Kathmandu) outside India
In XAT exams, unlike other MBA entrance tests, candidates need to be more attentive in selecting which question to solve and what to drop without wasting much time.This is an important aspect of XAT examination as it throws more number of questions to be solved in less time.
In such a pressure building scenario,
Students need not lose their nerve and solve easier looking questions before attempting tough or complicated questions.
However, selection of easier questions is very difficult as they are very well inserted between the tougher questions that are speed breakers in such competitive exams.
But, it is not impossible to master the skill of scrutinising questions and one could polish this skill by regress practice and disciplined preparation.
For instance, one can easily find simpler questions based upon algebra and trigonometry, between two questions which might involve application of calculus. Though the questions based upon calculus and functions are themselves on decline as observed in the past.
Thus, XAT primarily tests three skills in any aspiring student:
- Decision making abilities,
- Pressure handling and meeting deadline capability
- Ability to capitalize on ones' strengths
XAT Exam 2018 Registration Procedure
- Visit xatonline.in choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional XAT ID and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional XAT ID and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional XAT ID number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing "SAVE AND NEXT" tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the "SAVE AND NEXT" facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and Verify / get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature detailed under point “C”.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on 'FINAL SUBMIT' ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on 'Payment' Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on 'Submit' button.
There are three possible modes of payment
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa / Master Card / Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.Non-generation of 'E-Receipt' indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional XAT ID and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
- For Card charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
Offline - Mode 1
- The candidates are required to download the Challan Form and visit nearest IDBI Bank and make the payment.
- The Bank Shall retain Bank’s Copy and return Candidate’s Copy of the challan to the candidate.
Offline - Mode 2
- Please make a DD made from any bank in favour of “XLRI JAMSHEDPUR” payable at JAMSHEDPUR.
- After making Demand Draft applicant need to visit XAT login page and update the DD details (DD Number, Date and Bank Name).
XAT Registration Fee (without late fee)
Candidates only interested in XAT but not in XLRI need to pay a fee of Rs. 1650/-
Candidates interested in XLRI programme(s) needs to pay an additional fee of Rs.300/- each.
XAT Registration Fee (with late fee)
Candidates only interested in XAT but not in XLRI need to pay a fee of Rs. 2000/-
Candidates interested in XLRI programme(s) needs to pay an additional fee of Rs.500/- each.
XAT Exam 2018 Eligibility
Recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline.
Those completing their final examination by June 10, 2018 may also apply.
All Indian candidates must appear for XAT 2018. However NRI and foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score (except Dubai and Kathmandu wherein candidates have an option of appearing for XAT 2018)
XAT Member Institutes
- What should I do if there is lot of delay in accessing the page?
- Speed for Registration of On-Line Application on Internet, is based on various factors like Internet Speed, large number of applicants trying to register the application at the same time etc. Therefore if you are not able to get the pages for registration immediately, please retry after a gap of 15 minutes or during off-peak hours during the night.
- How do I know that my application is registered?
- Successful Registration is indicated by the Page displayed after clicking the Submit Button indicating the generated "XAT ID". Please note down the same carefully and preserve it. If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-Print the Application and download the Admit Card.
- What details should I retain while replying to auto-response emails?
- While writing back by replying the confirmation emails for genuine problem, please retain the text containing "XAT ID" and "PASSWORD" details on the email.
- I want to change / correct the details I entered in the Application?
Prior to submission of the online application, please choose the 'EDIT' option to correct the details. Please remember to take fresh print out after modifying any details. Candidate should note that the data entered in Basic Info cannot be modified.
Please make one more attempt from any other PC with either Internet Explorer (9 or above), Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or above, Google chrome 3.0 or above with java script enabled before filing the report with our help desk."
- What is the eligibility criteria for taking XAT 2018?
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline. Those completing their final examination by June 10, 2018 may also apply.
All Indian candidates must appear for XAT 2018. However, NRI and Foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score (except Dubai and Kathmandu wherein candidates also have an option of appearing for XAT 2018).
- I am in the final year of my graduation, what percentage should I fill in the form?
- Please enter the aggregate percentage of marks obtained till the time of filling the form
- By Registering and paying for XAT 2018, am I eligible for XLRI and other Associate Member Institutes?
- Candidates interested in XLRI needs to apply for the programmes of their choice. Please note that each institution independently decides the weightages to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its needs. XLRI does not play any role in selection of the candidates in these institutes
For XAT Associate Member Institutes (refer XAT Associate Institutes website)
XAT is a common test for admission into academic programmes of XLRI.
- When are XAT 2018 results out?
- Results will be available on the website by 31st January 2018.
Strategies to crack XAT
- Know your exam – Although there is no any written syllabus for competitive exams like XAT or CAT, but still, by observing the past trends, you can get a lot of idea of what sort of question is expected to appear in the question paper. The sections are usually announced in advance like verbal ability, quantitative aptitude, decision making, essay writing, general awareness, etc. So, what you really need to work upon is the basics of these subject areas, like Maths formulas for QA, English grammar for VA & essay writing and regular current news updates for general awareness. Thus, if you are aware of the essentials of the paper, you will come out with flying colours.
- Know the difference - XAT is pretty different from all the other MBA entrance exams that you plan to appear for. That doesn’t mean it is the toughest but undoubtedly the one that checks your academic skills as well as IQ and expression power. It does not require you to be the master of any one field while ignoring others; rather it looks out for a jack of all trade who could be transformed into the master of business administration/management in near future.
- Sharpen your edges – Once you are aware of the intricacies of your exam, you need to plan your preparations accordingly; after all, it is rightly said, "He who fails to plan, plans to fail". So, please don’t undermine the importance of planning and pave your way to success by cracking this exam.
- Know your strengths and Weaknesses – While you prepare for your test, you also need to understand your own strengths and weaknesses like you can be strong in Mathematics, average in DI and totally clueless in RC. This is important because for clearing XAT; you need to clear all the sections of the paper. If you will not strengthen your strong areas and hone your weak areas, you might lose your entrance ticket to some of the most reputed colleges of this country.
- Schedule you preparation – Only knowing what you need to prepare is not enough; planning how to do it the key. You not only need to read and understand things but do so in a fixed time frame. You need to make a routine and stick to it for a scheduled preparation. You need to devote some time to every section and especially to those which is out of your comfort zone and complete the groundwork in the fixed time period.
- Be ready to adapt to changed scenario – In 2013 XAT, students witnessed some changes in the exam pattern like there was a complete new section of general awareness, long hours and QA section was easier than expected. Students who were mentally prepared to tackle the change successfully made a mark and made it to the league list. So, apart from knowing the syllabus and planning your preparation, you also need to be ready to face any challenge that the question paper posses.
- Practice Hard - Don't forget that only learning chapters and making plans will not take you anywhere, it is the executions of these strategies that ultimately count. So practice, practice and practice till you are perfect at the chapter and then move ahead. Taking mock test and solving previous year's question papers are certainly beneficial.
- Reference Material - Mathematics by: R.S.Agarwal and S.L.Gulathi. Reasoning by: R.S.Agarwal [Verbal and Nonverbal] and Marksman Reasoning. English by Wren and Martin [English Grammar], Antonyms and Synonyms [Arihant Publication] and Thesaurus [Idioms and phrases]. You can also follow Norman Lewis's "word power made easy".
Any queries please write to us at email@example.com
Stay informed and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous