Published : Friday, 30 December, 2016 10:00 AM
XAT 2017 will be conducted on 8th January 2017, Sunday in 47 cities across India and 2 International cities outside India.
Essay writing will be an important section for XAT 2017 exam and you will be getting 20 minutes only to write Essay in 200 words.
It is very tricky and crucial hence, be ready and understand the Essay writing :
An essay is a short piece of writing on a topic and generally presents the author's point of view on the matter. It is an organized collection of ideas. It could be based upon any real experience or imaginary idea of the author. It is the presentation of your outlook on the topic that is the focus of the essay.
There is no any fixed format of essay but the most standard essay compromises of the following:
- An introduction
- A three point(paragraph) body
- A conclusion
Multiple types of Essays
- Argumentative Essay- Argumentative essays are written to present an opinion which either favors or disagrees with a given topic. The writer of the Argumentative essay must prove his/her viewpoint by supporting it with convincing facts and evidences from the reliable sources.
- Autobiographical Essay- An autobiographical essay is a short description of the writer's own life. It highlights the main aspects of your personal, educational, social and professional life.
- Biographical Essay- Writing someone else's 'Autobiography', but called biography as it is not written by the concerned person himself/herself rather they their story written by other.
- Descriptive Essay- A descriptive essay gives the detailed description about a topic like person, place, or any incident.
- Narrative Essay- A narrative essay is used to narrate a course of events. We can share our experiences by means of the essay.
- Persuasive Essay- Persuasive essay is used by the writer to convince the readers to believe in his opinion.
- Pictorial Essay- A Pictorial essay is a collection of photographs that tell a story. The writers could add captions or text along with the photographs for a better description.