LBSIM – Imparting Value Based Education
Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi is a premier institute of Management and Information Technology Education. Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi was established in 1995, to perpetuate the memory of second Prime Minister of India, Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri by imparting value based education in Management and IT at affordable cost.
Today, it has come to be recognized as one of the premier institutes in management education and has attained national character, attracting students from all over the country.
LBSIM takes pride in being one of the foremost institutes in providing value based management education and developing a center of excellence in management education, training, research and consultancy.
Developing professionals with ‘Vision’ and ‘Versatility’ in accordance with ‘Ethics’, ‘Values’ and ‘Principles’ of Shri LalBahadurShastriji, is the philosophy of LalBahadurShastri Institute of Management (LBSIM) thus instilling professionals with a humane and pragmatic approach on the march to corporate excellence.
LBSIM offers the following activity mix ofa totally integrated B-School:
- Two Year Full Time Post Graduate Programme in Management
- Two Year Full Time Post Graduate Programme in Management – Finance
- Three Year Post Graduate Programme in Management (Evening) for Working Executives
- 15 months Post Graduate Programmes for Executives
- Three Year Full-Time Post Graduate Programme in Master of Computer Applications (MCA), affiliated by the GGSIPU, Delhi
- Faculty and Management Development Programmes
- Research and Consultancy Activities
- Organizing Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) has recognized the Two Year Full Time PGDM as equivalent to MBA degree of any Indian University.
Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi has approved LBSIM as Research Centre for PhD research work.
All our Post Graduate programmes are also accreditated by National Board of Accrreditation. The institute has received international accreditation from the IAO (International Accreditation Organisation), USA. At LBSIM we are also in the process of collaborating with Thomson Rivers University Kamloops, Canada and Ausralian Institute of Management.
At LBSIM, we focus on:
- Supplementing classroom learning with real-life field experience through mandatory one day a week ‘Corporate Interface Day’.
- Imparting time-tested skill sets in lab environment, e.g. helping participants to hone communication skills through audio-video recordings/displays, etc.
- Regular proportion of class inputs on ‘theoretical’ as well as ‘conceptual’ insights from eminent corporate stalwart through mandatory 20 per cent of the session input per course coming from such external experts.
- Inculcating and nurturing the habit of ‘life-long-learning’ through mandatory hours every day for accessing, retrieving and using select learning resources.
- Prompting and encouraging students to come out with and implement creative/ innovative ideas through their various formal / informal student bodies like “Grids”, “Clubs”, etc.
- Constant Curriculum review and its updation through a three-way interactive process: Student/Alumni-Faculty-Industry.
Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Public Administration, Academics and Management, instituted by LBSIM in 1998, is given each year on the eve of the birth anniversary of Shastriji, i.e. October 1, by the President of India in RashtrapatiBhavan. The honour carries a cash award of Rs. 5 Lakhs, a citation and a plaque. Recipients of this prestigious Award have been Prof. C.K. Prahlad, Mr. Sam Pitroda, Mr. N.R. Narayana Murthy, Dr. R. A. Mashelkar, Smt. Ela Ramesh Bhatt, Shri C.P. Srivastava, Dr. NareshTrehan, Dr. M.S. Swaminathan, Dr. E. Sreedharan, Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, Smt. Aruna Roy, Prof. Yash Pal, Mrs. Teessy Thomas. The jury selected Dr. R.A. Badwe, Director, Tata Memorial Centre and Professor & Head, Department of Surgical Oncology Tata memorial Hospital, Mumbai, for the LalBahadurShastri National Award for 2013.
Lal Bahadur Shastri Research Centre for Public Policy and Social Change (LBSRC) has been established as a ‘Center of Excellence” to facilitate ‘research’ on social, economic and political issues, following the ideals and practices of Shastriji.
LBSRC is equipped with select learning resources in print and electronic media supported by state-of-the-art IT. Researchers at the Centre have already completed several research projects including one on National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme: A case study of select districts of UP. Organizing Management Development Programme, both open and in-company programmes, and undertaking socially relevant Research and Consulting assignments are a regular feature at LBSIM.
In the 19th year since its inception, Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management cherishes the presence of its sturdy network of interconnected alumnus. The institute savors more than 2000 intellectuals who contribute graciously to bring societal transformation all over the world and making a difference through continuous learning and performing.