CMAT, conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), is scheduled to take place on 28th January 2020 in online mode across India. The three hour exam tests candidates across various segments such as Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, General Awareness, Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation.
CMAT 2020 Question Paper Pattern
CMAT 2020 will comprise four sections, namely:
1. Language Comprehension - This section tests the candidates on their reading and comprehension skills. They are given a set of passages for comprehension and are likely to face questions such as English Usage Errors, Comprehension based questions, jumbled paragraphs, Grammar questions and the like.
2. Quantitative Techniques and data Interpretation- This section tests the candidates on their Mathematical and analytical skills. They are likely to face questions from areas such as Algebra, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Time-Speed-Distance, Probability, Functions, Clocks, Mensuration, Triangles, Trigonometry, Allegation and Mixtures, Averages, Geometry, Graph and so on.
3. Logical Reasoning- This section tests the candidates on their logical reasoning skills through questions such as Alphabet Series, Number Series, Matrix Arrangement, Verbal Reasoning, Square Arrangements, Visual Reasoning, Family Relationship Tests and so on.
4. General Awareness- This section tests the candidates on their general awareness, through questions on economy, domestic and international affairs, politics, sports, culture and society.
- Each section will carry 25 questions with a maximum of 100 marks. Hence, the Total Marks for CMAT 2020 will be 400.
- The candidates will have to answer multiple choice type questions only.
- Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks
- There will be negative marking. For every incorrect answer, 1 mark shall be deducted.
CMAT Previous Year Question Papers
It is a good idea for candidates appearing for CMAT 2020 to solve Previous Years’ CMAT Question Papers. This is because CMAT 2020 is not going to be drastically different from the previous years and is expected to be on similar lines. The candidates can use the previous years’ question papers to understand the CMAT pattern and develop their speed and accuracy.
CMAT 2019 Highlights
CMAT 2019 turned followed the expected pattern and turned out to be relatively easier than other management entrance examinations such as CAT and XAT. The Language Comprehension section turned out to be tough while the Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation section was time consuming. The General Awareness section threw some tricky questions too. But, overall the difficulty level of CMAT 2019 was easy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How many sections will CMAT 2020 have?
A1. CMAT 2020 like CMAT 2019 will have four sections, namely, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, General Awareness, Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
Q2. What is the duration of CMAT 2020?
A2. The duration of CMAT 2020 will be 3 hours, in which the candidates will have to answer a maximum of 100 questions carrying 400 marks in all.
Q3. Is there negative marking for incorrect answers?
A3. Yes, each incorrect answer will carry a deduction of 1 mark, while each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks.
Q4. Can I jump between sections while attempting the questions?
A4. Since there is no sectional limit in CMAT 2020, candidates can dedicate time to each section as they wish.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous