Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad has declared the CAT 2022 result in January 2023 Students are able to check their score of CAT 2022 in online mode by entering their login credentials.
CAT 2022: Important Dates
CAT 2022 Exam
Release of CAT 2022 response sheet and question paper
Final Answer key of CAT 2022
First/Second week of December 2022
CAT 2022 result date
CAT 2022 Selection Process
January - April 2023
CAT 2022: Check Result
- Go to the official website www.iimcat.in
- Click on the tab “Download CAT 2022 Score Card.”
- Enter the CAT 2022 registration ID and password
- You can view your CAT 2022 scorecard
- Click on download and take a print of the CAT 2022 scorecard. It is advisable to take multiple copies of the same
CAT Result 2022: Via SMS
- Candidate's CAT 2022 scorecard will be made accessible at the CAT website. Candidates may also be intimated individually by SMS.
- The candidates can get their CAT 2022 exam result via SMS as well.
- The official SMS will be sent on the mobile number that has been used while CAT 2022 registration with all the relevant details.
CAT Result 2021: Result Validity
The CAT 2022 result is valid only for one year. The candidates can use their CAT 2022 score for all IIMs and other top colleges that accept the CAT 2022 score for the 2023-25 academic session.
CAT 2022: Scorecard
Students can check for the following details that will be mentioned on the CAT 2022 scorecard:
- Student’s CAT registration number
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate’s contact details
- Town/ City
- Email ID
- PWD status
- Date of birth
- Date and time of the test
- Section-wise scaled score
- Section-wise percentile
- Overall scaled score
- Overall percentile
- Student’s photograph (test day photo/ uploaded photo)
Note- Students must keep a copy of the scorecard.
CAT 2022: CAT 2021 Raw Score
The CAT 2022 raw score will be calculated using the formula is (Number of MCQ & Non-MCQ Correct Answers * 3) – (Number of Incorrect MCQ Answer * 1)
CAT 2022: CAT Percentile Calculation
CAT percentile is calculated to avoid incongruity. CAT percentile is calculated based on the difficulty level of the question paper, the number of students appearing, and the slots. Check the steps below to know how the CAT percentile is calculated:
Step 1 - Consider the total number of students who appeared for CAT 2022 (Say ‘N’)
Step 2 - Assign the rank to the candidates based on scaled score (Say ‘r’)
Step 3 - Calculate the percentile by applying the formula:
? = ( (?−?)/? ) × 100,
P = Percentile of a candidate
N = Total number of candidates
R = Rank assigned to a candidate
Step 4 - Round off the percentile up to two decimals.
CAT 2022: How to Use CAT 2022 Score
- The overall result is declared by the CAT organizing committee, i.e. IIM Indore this year.
- The selection procedure for CAT 2022 is specific to each IIM or non-IIM college accepting the CAT 2022 result
- The IIMs and Non-IIM member institutes will independently decide how to use scores for CAT 2022. It is subjective to their selection process. The scores are applicable for shortlisting the candidates for their Post Graduate and Fellow Programme(s) in Management.
CAT 2022: CAT 2022 Concerns
For any queries and concerns regarding the CAT 2022 candidates can contact the authorities:
- Call on toll-free number 1-800-266-3549 until the 3rd Week of January 2023
- Seek web support: [email protected] until the end of Mar 22
CAT Result 2022: What After the Result
Once the CAT 2022 is declared students will be shortlisted for the selection rounds by various CAT participating institutes. Students will be required to apply for the b-school they wish to take admission in. thereafter, considering the CAT scores of the applicants' institutes will release the cutoff. Students who will meet the cutoff criteria will be able to appear for the following rounds:
- Written Ability Test
- Personal Interview
- Group Discussion
The admission process of IIMs consists of three main stages as mentioned below:
Stage 1 - Release of CAT 2022 cutoff based on CAT scores
Stage 2 - Students shortlisted for WAT/PI rounds
Stage 3 - Final admission shortlist is announced