Information on CMAT Exam
Starting 2019, the CMAT 2019 exam will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) instead of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
The CMAT is a three-hour computer based online test which is conducted in a session to assess the applicant's ability across various segments like Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness. CMAT 2019 permits B-schools to screen candidates that best suit their prerequisites. AICTE will conduct CMAT 2019 in January for admission to the colleges that offer MBA and for those which run postgraduate diploma in management programs.
This test encourages Institutions to choose appropriate graduate possibility for affirmation in all Management programs. The CMAT score is acknowledged by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
In this article, we give all the important information you would need w.r.t. the CMAT 2019 exam like the critical dates, application form details, eligibility criteria, admit card and result.
CMAT 2019 Registration was open from November 1, 2018 to December 7, 2018. For the Academic Year 2019, the CMAT Test will be on Monday, 28th January 2019 in two slots i.e. 9:30 am till 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm till 5:30 pm.
CMAT 2019 Important Dates
CMAT 2019 Application Begins
1st November 2018
CMAT 2019 Application Ends
30th November 2018
CMAT 2019 Online Registration Window
1st Nov’18 – 30th Nov’18, 11:50pm
CMAT 2019 Fee Payment Window
1st Nov’18 – 1st Dec’18, 11:50pm
CMAT 2019 Scanned Images Uploading Window
CMAT 2019 Admit Card
7th January 2019
CMAT 2019 Exam
Monday, 28th January 2019
CMAT 2019 Exam Schedule
Shift 1: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Shift 2: 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm
CMAT 2019 Exam Duration
3 hours or 180 minutes
CMAT 2019 Answer Key Release
4th February 2019 (tentative)
CMAT 2019 Result Declaration
8th February 2019
CMAT 2019 Eligibility
- Applicant must be a citizen of India
- Graduates in any discipline can apply for CMAT exam
- Final year students of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for 2019-20 can also apply for CMAT online exam
- There is no age bar.
CMAT Exam Registration and Fees
Pre-essentials before beginning Registration for CMAT-2019: We recommend you to prepare before beginning the CMAT registration process:
- Computer with good Internet connection.
- Qualification details as candidates need to enter them while enlisting for CMAT exam.
- Keep a scanned copy of colored passport size photograph. It should be clear photo taken on a white background. The size of this photo should be between 10 kb to 200 kb.
- Keep a scanned copy of signature with blue or black pen. The size should be less than 30 kb
- A Valid e-mail id which the candidates will be using at least for the next 6 months. All communication will be done on this e-mail id which candidates will enter while registering for CMAT exam.
- A Valid mobile number as all information via SMS will be sent to this number.
- A valid Credit / Debit card in case candidates want to pay ONLINE.
The following steps are for registering for CMAT 2019:
- Go to https://ntacmat.nic.in and click on ‘Fill Application form’
- Fill the Online Application Form
- Upload your scanned photo & signature
- Pay the examination fee using –
- Debit/Credit Card
- Net Banking/UPI/ E-wallet of various service providers through SBIMOPS
- Download the confirmation page.
CMAT 2019 Exam Test Fee
- General/OBC & SC/ST/PWD Male Candidates – INR1400*
- General/OBC & SC/ST/PWD Female Candidates– INR 700*
- Transgender Candidates – INR 700
*Bank Charges will be applied separately and the application fee is non - refundable
CMAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The CMAT 2019 exam is Computer based online entrance exam of 3 hours duration. The syllabus can be divided into four parts –
- Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Language Comprehension
- General Awareness.
CMAT 2019 Marking Scheme
Marking Scheme for CMAT
- 4 marks per correct answer.
- Incorrect answers will carry a penalty of 1 mark
CMAT 2019 Admit Card
- The Admit card for CMAT 2019 will be issued by National Testing Agency starting 7th January, 2019.
- The admit card will be issued to only those candidates who have successfully completed and submitted their application form before the deadline.
- Candidates are advised to download their CMAT admit card by entering their login credentials.
- The admit card will be available in online mode and each candidate will be notified to their registered email address.
- Candidates need to present the admit card at the entrance center. If the candidates fail to present the admit card, they will not be allowed to sit for the exam.
- In case you have any issues please call the helpline numbers at 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526 or contact via E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
CMAT Test Cities
In CMAT Exam, candidates have the option to choose their city from the given cities. The CMAT 2019-20 is to be conducted in following 75 cities of India:
CMAT 2019 Analysis
CMAT 2018 is national level exam which was held in January, 2019 in about 75 test centres across the country. The exam got over at 12:30 pm soon after the exam the question paper was known and with the expert analysis, the report was out that the exam was moderate to difficult, with lengthy Data Interpretation and tricky logical reasoning. The general knowledge section was difficult.
CMAT 2019 question paper was divided into four sections having 25 questions each. Here’s how what is being said about the difficulty level of each of these sections:
|Data Interpretation||25||Moderate to difficult|
|Logical Reasoning||25||Moderate to difficult|
Each question carried four marks and there was negative marking of -1. The candidates were supposed to complete solving all the questions in 3 hours.
Sectional Analysis for CMAT 2019
Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
This section consisted of Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Number System, PnC, Modern Math and Mensuration, this section consist of 25 question in which some question were difficult and DI questions were low as always
This section had 25 questions, which were easy to moderate, with few tricky questions. The questions were on Arrangements, Groups, Blood Relations, Statements, etc.
Language Comprehension also had 25 questions, the section was easy to moderate with more vocabulary related questions. There were four RC passages with 15 questions.
This section had 25 questions from current affairs, static GK and other conventional topic.
12-14 questions attempted with 85% accuracy could fetch 94% in this section.
Information on CMAT Exam
For the Academic Year 2019, the CMAT Test will be in January 2019.
All aspiring candidates desirous of appearing for CMAT Test for taking admissions to postgraduate programmes in management should apply for CMAT 2019. The candidates will have an option of selecting date and city for appearing in the test.
CMAT Accepting Institutes
Some of the Management Institutes accepting CMAT score are:
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa
- K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur
- Institute of Management Technology, Hyderabad
- GL Bajaj Institute of Management and Research, Greater Noida
- LM Thapar School of Management, Mohali
- Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
As per the latest XAT exam pattern, the exam will be online based with a time period of 3.5 hours.
Q. Is CMAT going to be conducted ONLINE twice a year?
A. No. From academic year 2019-20 onwards, the CMAT exam will be conducted only once a year on in January. The CMAT-2019 will be conducted in January 2019.
Q. How is the computer-based format different from the paper-based format?
A. The format of the test is more or less the same except that a candidate reads a question on a computer terminal and clicks on the correct answer, instead of reading on a paper booklet and using a pencil to darken the ovals on an answer sheet.
Q. Can I take the test from any computer?
A. No. A candidate will have to test on a pre-assigned workstation and will not have a choice to choose his or her workstation, in the testing venue.
Test Duration & CMAT Syllabus/ Pattern
Q. How many sections are there in the test?
A. There will be four sections in the test. The sections are :
- Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Ability / Language Comprehension
- Numerical Ability + Data Interpretation
- General Awareness
Q. How many questions are there in each of these sections?
A. There will be 25 questions in each section.
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. The duration of test will be 180 minutes.
Q. Can I move back and forth between the four sections?
A. Yes, you can