CMAT exam 2020 helps students qualify for management programs for various AICTE approved colleges that accept the CMAT 2020 score. Each of the participating colleges has the CMAT selection process 2020 individually. The candidates, who clear the CMAT cutoff 2020, are shortlisted for CMAT 2020 selection process. MBA Rendezvous helps you understand the details regarding the CMAT admission criteria 2020.
CMAT Selection Procedure 2020: Important Dates
CMAT Selection Procedure 2020: Steps
CMAT Selection Procedure 2020: Details CMAT 2020 Written Exam
The first step is the CMAT 2020 written exam, which the candidates write in January 2020:
1. The paper consists of 4 sections - Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness
2. Each section has 25 questions, 4 marks each.
3. The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
4. There is negative marking of one mark for each incorrect answer. No mark is deducted for unanswered questions.
5. The final CMAT 2020 scorecard has an overall score out of 400 and the sectional scores are out of 100.
CMAT 2020 Result Announcement
After the CMAT 2020 exam, the CMAT 2020 result will be announced by the mid of February 2020. The candidates who qualify the CMAT 2020 cutoff are shortlisted for further rounds -
i. Group Discussion (GD)
ii. Personal Interaction (PI)
iii. Writing Ability Test (WAT)
GD, PI and WAT Rounds
The shortlisted candidates appear for GD; PI and WAT rounds individually in the respective AICTE approved CMAT score 2020 accepting colleges. The selection process is unique to each college and may conduct all or any number of rounds. Please keep the following things in mind:
i. The candidates must keep the CMAT 2020 Admit Card and CMAT 2020 scorecard for the GD; PI and WAT rounds.
ii. The candidates must attend all components/ tests of selection process of CMAT 2020 exam in order to qualify for the CMAT final merit list 2020.
1. Groups are made of 7-10 individuals. Each group is given a topic, which range from current affairs in the field of politics, economics, sports or socially relevant topics.
2. Candidates is judged on various skills such as – communication, leadership, negotiation, managerial and leadership.
Writing Ability Test:
1. The CMAT selection process in certain colleges also has a WAT round where candidates are given a topic on current affairs.
2. Candidates are judged on their written and grammar skills.
1. A panel of 3-4 people interviews the candidates individually. This round is essentially to know the candidates personally, interact with them, and understand their aspirations.
2. Candidates are judged on their communication skills and past academic performance.
Final Merit List Announcement
The last stage of the CMAT selection procedure 2020 will be the announcement of the CMAT 2020 final merit list based on the overall performance of the candidate in each of the above rounds and past academic records.