Published : Thursday, 28 January, 2016 03:45 PM
GMAT Registration Procedure
The GMAT Exam is owned by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). They develop and deliver the exam with the help of Pearson VUE and ACT.
For GMAT, you should register with GMAC. Registration is available online at www.mba.com. GMAT is a computer based test and there are no set test dates. At www.mba.com you can view nearest testing locations to suit you and book an appointment. Since the test is computer adaptive, you can take the GMAT throughout the year.
Minimum requirements for scheduling the GMAT Exam:
- You must be at least 18 years old. If you are between 13 and 17 years old, you must get permission from a parent or legal guardian. If you do need permission, you must provide written proof of your guardian’s consent prior to scheduling the exam.
- You may take the exam no more than five times within a 12 month period.
- You must wait at least 16 days after you take the exam before you can take it again.
- You must wait at least five years to test again if you have previously achieved a perfect Total score of 800.
Modes of Registration:
You can schedule your exam online, by phone, postal mail, or fax and pay by credit card or debit card, check, or money order.
- ONLINE – Schedule your exam for free on mba.com. Log in and create an account, and follow the homepage link. It’s easy and fast.
- PHONE – Call GMAT Customer Service in your region. You may be charged an additional service fee of US$10.
- POSTAL MAIL – Complete the form on mba.com and mail with your payment information. If you pay by check or money order, this is your only option.
- FAX – Complete the form on mba.com and fax to the number shown.
Registration, Rescheduling and Additional Score Report Fee:
- The cost to take the exam, or "appointment fee", is currently US $250, plus any applicable local taxes.
The cost of rescheduling fee is currently US $50 plus any applicable local taxes.
- The cost of additional report fee is currently US $28 each plus any applicable local taxes.
Modes of Payment:
(i) By Credit Cards and Debit Cards : Through all Visa Cards, MasterCard , American Express Cards and JCB Cards
(ii) By Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders and Personal Checks:
- It must be payable to Pearson VUE-GMAT, in US dollars and drawn on a US bank.
- It must be for the full amount, including taxes, where applicable.
- Postdated checks are not acceptable.
- It must reach at least 10 days before the appointment date.
Rescheduling Or Cancellation of Examination:
You can reschedule or cancel your exam online or by phone. If you are scheduled with accommodations, refer back to your approval letter for the number to call. If you reschedule or cancel your exam appointment by phone, you will be charged an additional service fee of US$10. Cancellations, refunds and rescheduling fees will apply, depending on when you request the change and as applicable by local law. Current fees are available on mba.com. If you miss your appointment, you may schedule a new exam without waiting a full 16 days, but you must schedule by phone and pay the full registration fee.
Note: (i) Changes within 24 hours prior to your appointment cannot be made.
(ii) You are only allowed to take the GMAT once every 16 days, and only 5 times per year.
(iii) Every time you take the GMAT, your score is recorded and business schools will see all of your scores from the previous 5 years (unless you cancel it), should you choose to send them your score report.
Send Your Scores to Schools:
Within 20 days of your test, your Official Score Report will be sent to up to five programs that you selected. This service is covered by your registration fee. You must choose your score recipients wisely, because once you have made your selections, they cannot be changed. It is advised that before your test day you must decide which programs you want to receive your GMAT scores.
Ordering Additional Score Reports:
If you did not select any programs to receive your scores on test day, or if you would like to send your scores to additional programs, you may order Additional Score Reports for a fee. To order a duplicate copy of your score report for yourself, you should contact GMAT Customer Service. Once your scores are available, Additional Score Reports are generally sent within seven calendar days.
To order by phone: Contact GMAT Customer Service. An additional service fee of US$10 may be required for this.
To order by mail or fax: For this you should send an Additional Score Report Request form along with fee. You must have enough time for this type of processing.
You may fax the form to GMAT Customer Service in your region, or you may mail the form to:
Attention: GMAT Program
P.O. Box: 581907
Minneapolis, MN 55458-1907, USA.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous