The Indian examination system is designed in such a way that it tests a student’s skills at different levels like – subject knowledge, practical applicability, and aptitude. There are two types of examinations that are used to test a student’s knowledge and understanding –
- Subjective – Short and Long Answer Type Questions & Answers
- Objective – Multiple Choice Type Questions & Answers
The objective type of test is a popular way of assessing students’ knowledge at the graduate and postgraduate level. It is helpful, especially when lakhs of them apply for a few thousand seats. With the advent of digitalization, most objective type examinations have become online now. In the management entrance space, there are close to fifty management entrance tests alone that are conducted at the state and national level by B-schools (and state/national level testing authorities) across India. It becomes quite a challenge for the students to decide which entrance exam to write and which all to skip and whether a particular exam is worth appearing for or no.
An exam that can still keep you strong in the game is the IBSAT exam. We discuss in detail the features, advantages, opportunities, and prospects after the IBSAT exam.
What is the IBSAT Exam?
IBSAT stands for ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test which is conducted at a national level by ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (a Deemed to be University).
What are the features of the IBSAT Exam?
The salient features of the IBSAT exam are:
- It is a national level exam
- It is conducted only in English
- It is conducted online and is a computer-based test
- It is a two-hour long exam with 140 questions
- It is split over two days and different slots
- There are four sections – Verbal Ability (50), Reading Comprehension (30), Quantitative Ability (30), Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation (30)
- Each question is for one mark
- There is NO negative marking
- The difficulty level of the exam is easy to moderate
- The IBSAT score is accepted by the nine IBS colleges
What are the advantages of writing the IBSAT exam?
There are a few reasons that make IBSAT an exam which students should not miss out on:
- Cost of the Exam: The cost of the application fee is not very high (read INR 1800). It is almost at par with some of the other popular exams. Also, all the MBA courses under the nine IBS colleges are covered under the fee.
- Difficulty Level: The difficulty level of the IBSAT exam is not very high. Also, the pattern followed is quite uniform over the years. Thus the exam pattern is familiar and acts a confidence booster for students
- No Negative Marking: It is one of the few management entrance exams in India which does not have negative marking. It makes it easier for the students to answer the tricky questions using calculated and educated guesswork
- Mock Test: IBS is one of the exams conducting authority in India that releases at least four to six official mock tests that too for free. The mock tests act a tremendous confidence booster for the students where they can easily practice and prepare for the exam
- Diversity: IBSAT is a gateway to the nine IBS colleges located in – Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, and Mumbai. All the colleges are ranked well and located in tier-1 and tier-2 cities. It provides a diverse setup to the students while pursuing their MBA degree.
What are the next steps after writing the IBSAT exam?
- Campuses: IBSAT score is your gateway to the nine IBS colleges located in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, and Mumbai
- Shortlisting: After writing the IBSAT exam and successfully clearing the cutoff, shortlisted candidates are called for selection briefing process
- Selection Briefings: The session comprises of sharing details about the programs offered and selection process. For the session 2022-24, the selection briefings are in 40 locations in January 2022.
- Selection Process: All candidates are called at IBS Hyderabad for the selection process which comprises of group discussion and personal interview.
- Merit List: The final merit list is released, and offers are rolled out for courses at all the nine campuses.
What are the opportunities after the IBSAT exam?
After you are selected by one of the IBS colleges and offered a seat in the MBA program, starts the real journey. Here is what IBS offers:
- All the campuses offer two-year full-time MBA programs
- The students are exposed to case-based learning methodology which helps bridge the industry-academia gap
- Business modeling and simulation foster decision making in the students
- Students are provided a consistent industry interface. Industry experts visit the campus for guest lectures
- The colleges follow continuous learning and continuous evaluation method
- One of the few colleges in India that promote student-centric learning and the use of rubrics. Rubric are an excellent tool to measure the learning and understand of students
- It boasts of 45000+ alumni network which provides infinite opportunities to grow and strengthen your professional network
- There is a focus on the overall development of the students by encouraging them to involve in various extra-curricular activities as well.
How was the IBSAT 2022 exam and result?
The IBSAT 2022 exam was conducted in December 2022. The exam pattern and questions were as expected. They were quick to crack and easy to solve. The IBSAT 2022 exam result Will be announced in January 2023. The IBSAT 2021 cutoff is expected to remain on similar lines as the previous years.
|IBSAT 2022 Exam Pattern||IBSAT 2022 Eligibility|
|IBSAT 2022 Exam||IBSAT 2022 Syllabus|
|IBSAT 2022 Application Form||IBSAT 2022 Registration|
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous