Important Information about IIFT 2018
IIFT 2018 - The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) will conduct its written examination in November, 2018 for admission to its MBA-IB (MBA in International Business) programme. It has now 3 campuses in India at New Delhi and Kolkata and Kakinada (New). The test is for 2 hours from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon.
The MBA (International Business) is a foundational course for developing a competent cadre of business executives to meet the country's growing requirements for training personnel in the field of International Management. Candidates who wish to take admission into MBA (IB) have to appear for IIFT 2018 exam. Selected candidates will be called for further selection process which includes – Essay Writing, Group Discussion and Interview.
IIFT 2018 Important Dates
|IIFT Registration Start Date:||July 2018|
|IIFT Registration End Date:||September 2018|
|Last date to apply online and submit GMAT score for Foreign Nationals and NRIs:||15th February 2019|
|Written Examination:||November 2018
10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
IIFT 2018 Exam Eligibility
- Recognized Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 year's duration in any discipline with 50% marks in Graduation (45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination of Graduation can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by October, 2019.
- There is no age limit for the candidates
Candidate who takes admission in the Programme on provisional basis but fails to secure the minimum percentage in the Bachelor’s degree examination is liable for cancellation. Such candidate should immediately inform the Institute on declaration of his/her results. Candidates who do not inform the Institute of such a situation, their admission will automatically stand cancelled on October, 2019. No request for extension of time for re-evaluation, etc. will be entertained.
IIFT 2018 Reservation
Seats are reserved as per Government of India rules. The reservations are subject to candidates meeting the admission requirement of the Institute under different categories.
MODE OF ADMISSION
- For General/ Reserved Category candidates
Selection will be on the basis of Written Test, Group Discussion, Writing Skill Assessment and Interview. Written Test will be held in December 2018 during 10.00AM – 12.00 Noon.
- Based on the marks of Written Test, a limited number of candidates will be invited for second phase of selection process comprising Group Discussion, Writing Skill Assessment and Interview to be held at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai. IIFT reserves the right to add/delete any centre, if required.
- For Foreign Nationals and NRIs
Seats are reserved for Foreign Nationals, NRIs and the admission is considered on the basis of General Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score and interview.
Registration Process and Fee Structure
Please visit IIFT 2018 website i.e. www.iift.edu.
Click on the ADMISSIONS 2018 icon and fill in the Online Application form as per details given in website.
The cost of Prospectus and Application Form is one-time payment of 1,550 (`775 for SC/ST/PWD candidates) which includes application screening and Entrance Test Fee and the candidates are not required to pay any other fee.
SC/ST/PWD/OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates need to attach the requisite certificate with theIIFT 2018 Application Form.
|For General/OBC||Rs. 1,550|
|For SC/ST/PWD candidates||Rs.775|
|For Foreign Nationals/NRIs||US$80/ Rs. 4,500|
IIFT 2018 Exam Pattern/ Syllabus
The IIFT written entrance exam will be a multiple choice objective type test in English with questions from the following areas:
- English Comprehension
- General Knowledge & Awareness
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Analysis
IIFT Exam 2018 Test Centers in India
Test will be held in following 20 cities all over India
Change of Centre
Candidates should be careful while opting for the Admission Test Centre. If they wish to change the opted Centre a fee of `1,000/- will be charged. No request for change of centre will be entertained after November, 2018.
IIFT 2018 Admit Card
Candidates can download Admit Cards from IIFT's website from 15th November 2018. Candidates need to take a print out of the Admit Card and reach the venue of the Exam Centre in November 2018 latest by 9.00 a.m. with one of the following documents:
- Election I-Card
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- College I-Card for appearing in the Exam.
IIFT 2018 Exam Result
The result for IIFT 2018 will be announced by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) in December. Candidates can check their result on official website. The result will be accessible online as scorecard. Candidates are advised to save and take the print out of their scorecard. This scorecard will give a detailed description about Sectional Cut-off and Marks secured in the section; Maximum marks of a Section. Based on these scores the candidates will be selected for next phase which includes Group Discussion (GD), Writing Skills Assessment (WSA) and Personal Interview (PI).
The exact dates for IIFT selection procedure has not been announced yet.
IIFT Previous Years Analysis
The IIFT exam for 2018 will be held in December, 2018. Given below is the exam pattern of previous years.
|Section - 1||Quantitative Ability||20||22||20||25|
|Section - 2||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||22||20||20||20|
|Section - 3||Verbal ability||20||20||20||20|
|Section - 4||General Awareness||25||28||26||28|
The above table includes the Data for number of questions asked in the previous years for IIFT exam. Starting with the Quantitative Ability section, the no of questions was 25 in the year 2013. The questions for this section has certainly reduced in the year 2014, 2015, and 2016 – 20, 22, 20 respectively. For Analytical & Logical Reasoning, there has not been much change except for the last year the number of questions were 22 than 20 in the previous years. The number of questions in the verbal ability part has been constant since 2013 i.e. 20. There is not much variation for reading comprehension questions. The last section – General awareness, the number of questions were same for the year 2013 and 2015 i.e. 28.
IIFT General Awareness
Here we can have a quick look at how GK section has weighed in IIFT 2009, IIFT 2010, IIFT 2011, IIFT 2012, IIFT 2013, IIFT 2014, IIFT 2015 and IIFT 2016: -
|Exam Edition||Total Marks||Number of Questions||Marks per Question||Max Marks|
A candidate who has polished his or her skills of GK can have an edge over those aspirants who are not much aware of the current happenings. If you are good with general knowledge, you can quickly attempt these questions and gain some vital marks
Suggested topics for IIFT GK Section
Few important general awareness category worth revising are:
- International Bodies, their functions, their chief personals and their offices. For instance; United Nations, IMF, BRICS, etc.
- Major Sporting Events and Awards of the year like Olympics, Winter Olympics, CWG India, Asian Games, Tennis, Cricket, Football, Chess, Billiards, et
- Major Political events
- Other economy related events like FDI, FII, Stock Market, etc
IIFT 2018 Exam Tips
- Students should have a disciplined study plan and must follow it. Starting with the basic fundamentals for all sections – Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and English Grammar.
- Candidates should be careful while selecting the right option because sometimes the obvious answer is the wrong answer.
- Candidates should strategize their time carefully so that they can attempt question of all the sections. Practice is the key to manage time. Candidates should practice as much as they can.
- Candidates should be aware of their strengths and weaknesses. Try to strengthen the weaker sections and not avoid it.
- Students have to maintain their speed while attempting the exam, starting an internal clock helps but it should not compromise with the accuracy of the selected options.
- Reading obviously helps whether it’s for vocabulary or reading comprehension part.
- Try to be objective about the questions, students should read and filter out the best options
- Entrance tests can be nerve wrecking, A day before test day, try to stay relaxed and avoid studying. Students should have faith and confidence in themselves. They should get enough sleep and reach the test center on time.
IIFT can transform you as employable globally
MBA in itself is a course that enhances your chances of being employed anywhere in the globe. It is designed in a way to give you maximum exposure to the business environment around the world, while also incorporating appropriate theories and case studies. But doing MBA from a good place does make a difference and gives a definite edge over your competitors and peers