Those MBA aspirants, who are appearing in MAT on 21 MAY 2023 (Sunday) (PBT), 14 MAY 2023 (Sunday) (CBT - 1) and 04 JUNE 2023 (Sunday) (CBT - 2) may note that following are the expert Tips for cracking this test:
Get Ready for Test
- Understand MAT
- Sections of MAT are slightly different so need to absorb & adapt
- Practice, Practice, Practice with each section as follows:
1.) Language Comprehension
2.) Mathematical Skills
3.) Data Analysis
4.) Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
5.) Indian & Global Environment Section
When you start the Test
- Be aware and use the sample questions experience
- Keep careful track of time
- Read the directions for each question
- Read the questions carefully
- Use the scratch or rough paper provided by the test center
- Use your scrap paper for every calculation
- Read every answer choice
- NEVER assume or use any information that the question fails to give you
DURING THE TEST
Since you will be getting Two and a Half hours to answer 200 questions hence:
- Be very sure of your answer before proceeding
- Do not get bogged down with complicated or lengthy calculations
- Use guessing intelligently and deploy the Selection by elimination method
- Learn how to work backwards, i.e., plugging the most attractive option in the question and see if it makes sense
- Convert quantities freely like ¼ is nothing but 25% of any given quantity.
- In questions that ask you to select a valid conclusion, always choose the one conclusion that must definitely follow from the information you are given and vice-versa.
- Pay special attention to words like “all,” “some,” or “none” when you read the factual information each question gives you
- Pay attention to negative prefixes also, such as non-, un-, or dis-
- Pay special attention to negative numbers when they are used in some questions
- Pay close attention to the word “ONLY” and to the phrase “IF AND ONLY IF”
- Don’t stick to one question for too long
- Aim to answer as many questions as you can
Last Minute Section wise tips
- Compose yourself between sections of the test and try to attempt maximum questions from each section.
- Do not underestimate the role that endurance plays as half the battle is just making it through all of the sections without becoming overly stressed or fatigued. Condition yourself by taking practice tests.
- Don’t rush - devote just the right amount of time to each question
- Don’t panic - Keep your cool all the time, even when you don’t know the answer.
Practice with Top 100 Questions on DI & QA
Stay informed, stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous