MDI Murshidabad - Courses, Campus & Centre of Excellence at a Glance
A fairly new addition to the MDI Society, Management Development Institute Murshidabad was inaugurated in the year 2014 by the then Hon’ble President Shri Pranab Mukherjee. Currently the Murshidabad campus is evolving and actively meandering towards establishing its name and achieving academic excellence. It is also mentored by MDI Gurgaon.
MBA Rendezvous brings the top 3 aspects based on which MDI Murshidabad should be on your list of B-schools to choose from:
MDI Murshidabad offers the Post Graduate Programme in Management. On successful
completion of the course, the students are awarded Post Graduate Diploma in Management which is approved by AICTE. The curriculum is carefully curated and aims at shaping thought leaders and change masters. Some of the highlights of the programme are:
- The two year course consists of six terms and a summer internship at the end of first year.
- The first three terms cater to the core subjects that help develop a student’s
communication, analytical and decision making skills.
- In the second year (last three terms), students can opt for electives and specialize in any two functional areas – Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management and Operations Management.
- The pedagogy is a mix of classroom activities like lectures, group discussions, business games, case studies and outbound experiential learning activities like field visits, simulation exercises, educational excursions and live projects etc.
- The students are given a platform that helps develop a global perspective.
- The students undergo a continuous evaluation process. This keeps them abreast with their performance and helps them identify their areas of improvement.
- The curriculum is taught by a dynamic and energetic set of core faculty members. The faculty of MDI Gurgaon and other top colleges along with corporate professionals also visit the campus and regularly takes classes over there.
MDI Murshidabad campus is around 5 hours by road from Kolkata. The city of Murshidabad is historically significant. It hosts a number of agro based industries like silk and cotton textiles. The campus is spread over 10 acres with state-of-the-art infrastructure. It has spacious and scientifically designed rooms. There are dedicated areas that enable students to network with their peers. Students can share and brainstorm on new ideas as well. Some highlights of the Murshidabad campus are:
- The lectures are conducted in amphitheater style air conditioned classrooms.
- The classrooms are equipped with Wi-Fi, HD Projectors and AV facilities.
- The classes have video conferencing facility which is used to conduct virtual student seminars, classes from MDI Gurgaon, and placement interviews.
- The MDIM library is the Mecca of knowledge and has abundant print and electronic resources. It houses close to 9200+ books and 4000+ e-journals.
- The library is accessible 24x7 to the students.
- The library carries e-journals and databases like National Digital Library (NDL) of India, Business Source Complete (EBSCO), Sage Online Journals collection, Emerald and CMIE databases etc.
Aryabhatta (Computer Centre)
- The computer centre hosts 70 numbers of state of the art computing facilities.
- The campus has Cyberoam CR200iNG-XP Firewall, Google based email system, and a dedicated Internet Leased Line.
- The lab has uninterrupted Internet connectivity and Wi-Fi facility.
- There are digital signage’s installed at various locations displaying the current activities taking place in MDIM.
- The two hostel blocks – EKALAVYA and BHAGIRATHI – are located in the lap of nature.
- Students reside in single occupancy rooms with attached balconies.
- The hostel is also connected with Wi-Fi and hosts recreational facilities like TV, music, and digital services.
- The campus has amenities like ATM by State Bank of India, General Stores, and Amphitheater.
- There is a Health club, Swimming Pool, Badminton, Tennis & Volleyball Court, and Snooker as well.
- There is a canteen called AAHAR and cafeteria which serves healthy and nutritious meals.
- The campus has 24 x 7 Power back up with 2 DG sets.
Centre of Excellence
MDI Murshidabad has developed three centre of excellence. They focus on specific areas and help:
- Incubate New Ideas
- Develop Knowledge Base
- Evolve Research Techniques
Centre of Agri-Business & Food Processing focuses on research based activities in the field of agri-business and food processing fields. West Bengal is an agricultural state and thus having focus on this area helps MDIM give back to the society.
Centre of Entrepreneurship & Start-Ups focuses on nurturing the entrepreneurial skills of students and help develop new and innovative start-up ideas. The event Zircon 1.3 organized by MDIM is an exciting way to put things into action.
Centre for Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning focuses on the blending artificial intelligence, data analytics and automation in order to drive business forward.
The first batch at MDI Murshidabad graduated in the year 2016 and since then students have had a consistent placement record. New recruiters visit the campus each year. The admissions for the PGPM are open right now and you can apply online until 23 rd November 2018. All the best!