The Personal Interview is a critical step in MBA admission process and should not be taken lightly. PI is aimed at knowing a candidate more intimately - assessing the clarity of thinking process, future goals and the 'fit' factor with the B-school.
It provides the admission selection committee of a B school to evaluate your interpersonal and soft skills. With this aim MBA Rendezvous is presenting you PI tips so that you can be successful. Today you will read PI tips on:
- As very rightly said by D. Valenzuela, Personal Interview is a method of qualitative research. The research subject in this case would be you of course. The questions laid out in the personal interview are very open-ended and, have no one quality answer that you can record.
- This is similar to a qualitative research where opinions matter and each opinion leads to an individual’s personality and aptitude. So, what is the outcome of an interviewer’s research?
- The goal or outcome would be to give admission to students who are best suited to their college. Many colleges wish to know if you have the aptitude and sincerity to go through their courses.
- During a personal interview, you are being judged by a lot of open ended questions. The first question that most interviewers would ask is to tell them more about you.
- This is to know your strengths, weakness, what you feel about yourself, your hobbies etc. This is their way to getting to know you. You have to make them understand what kind of a person you are through this one question.
- The next open ended question that makes a move towards understanding your personality is on motivations. They wish to know what motivates you and, what makes you want to work.
- Questions that describe situations help them understand your personality and your presence of mind. This also helps them understand if you are indeed the right person for their college and the course.
- The interview is modelled in a way to understand you completely. Some colleges even try to determine your personality and aptitude through psychometric tests along with interview models.
- The open-ended questions as already mentioned have no correct answer. You just need to derive a personality that best describes you. Remember to be yourself during the interviews.
Latest Personal Interview Topics
|How do I justify low school performance in PI||What Is Your Plan B, If Rejected?|
|Why should you be selected?||Tips On Keeping Eye To Eye Contact|
|Tips on telling what are you?||Tips on maintaining Positivity in PI|
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous