Important Information on SNAP Test
SNAP 2018: Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is a national level management entrance exam, administered by Symbiosis International University (SIU) for admission in 15 Symbiosis institutes. The SNAP 2018 application process will start from August 28, 2018 and will end on November 26, 2018. The test will be held online oin December 16, 2018. SNAP Test Admit Card should be printed from the SNAP website which will be available on December 1, 2018.
It is an objective based test. Candidates have to choose the right response to avoid negative marking. The test will be conducted in 102 cities in India. A candidate will get three preferences to choose the cities.
Each question has 4 responses. Candidate should choose an appropriate response. Each wrong answer attracts 25% negative marks. The question will consist of 150 questions carrying one mark for each right answer.
A candidate needs to register for SNAP Test & also register for the institutes offering his/ her choice of programmes by paying separate programmes registration fees. If shortlisted, he/she would then need to attend the GE-PIWAT process conducted by each of these institutes individually.
SNAP 2018 Test Important Dates
|Online Registrations for SNAP commences||August 28, 2018 (Tuesday)|
|SNAP Test Registration closes||November 26, 2018 (Monday)|
|SNAP Test payment closes||November 26, 2018 (Monday)|
|SNAP Test Admit Card available on website||December 1, 2018 (Saturday)|
|SNAP Test 2018||December 16, 2018 (Sunday)|
|Announcement of Result||2nd week of January 2019|
SNAP 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidates who meet the eligibility criteria should apply for the SNAP 2018. The criteria as follows:
- The candidates should have completed their graduation in any discipline from statutory university with minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) for all the Master of Business Administration Program.
- Candidates who have completed qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU.
- Evaluation Division of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)issues equivalence certificate for foreign degrees/qualifications. The contact details are as below:
Association of Indian Universities
AIU House, 16 Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg (Kotla Marg),
New Delhi-110002, India
Tel. No.+91-11-23230059; 23232429; 23232305
SNAP 2018 Registration Process
- Candidates who wish to apply for SNAP exam need to register at their website snaptest.org .
- Candidates must give their Correct Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email Address in the registration process as these details cannot be changed.
- The last date for registration is November 26, 2018. Candidates need to be careful about certain parameters while filling their application form.
- If a candidate wants to make changes in the online application form he/she can do until the last date of Registration i.e. November 26, 2018. There will be no change in the city preferences once the candidate has completed the SNAP online test payment.
- Candidates must upload their latest colour passport size photo at the time of Online Registration. The photograph should not be more than 3 months old. After filling the application form, candidates are advised to ensure the information filled is accurate and correct.
SNAP 2018: Paper/Exam Pattern for the test
- The duration of the SNAP test is two hours (120 Minutes).
- The test follows an MCQ (Objective) format wherein each question lists 4 options out of which a student has to select the right answer.( Only for Normal Questions)
- For special questions in each section will have blanks where answers will have to be entered by the candidate by using the virtual keyboard. For example, if question is “What is the capital of Australia?” The candidate needs to enter the answer as CANBERRA by using the virtual keyboard
- Normal Questions carry 1 mark for each question and Special Questions carry 2 marks for each question.
- ¼ marks (25%) are deducted for every wrong answer for normal and special questions.
|Section||Normal Questions||Special Questions||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||30||5||35||40|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||30||5||35||40|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30||5||35||40|
SNAP 2018 Syllabus
There is not much difference in the syllabus of SNAP exam as compared to other MBA entrance exams. The exam syllabus is divided into four main parts-
- General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Current Affairs
Out of 150 questions in SNAP 2018, 25 questions worth of 30 marks will be on General Awareness, GK, Current Affairs and Business Scenario and this will be crucial for coming SNAP on December 16, 2018.
In companies Brand managers are always abreast of their surroundings as it helps them to understand markets and consumers competitively, politically, sociologically.
Likewise, MBA aspirants are expected to know all that will concern them as consumer and since aspirants will be tomorrow's managers hence, you are tested in this section.
SNAP 2018 Admit Card
- Test takers are advised to take the print out of their Admit Card from the SNAP website available from December 1, 2018.
- Candidates must ensure to fix their latest passport size, colour photograph on the Admit Card. (The photograph should not be more than 3 months old).
- Admit Card along with Photo Identity proof should be carried to the Test Centre at the time of the test. An acceptable photo identity proofs is any one of the following
- Driving license
- Voter ID Card
- Pan Card
- AADHAR Card (UID)
SNAP 2018: List of Test Centers
SNAP 2018 Test will be conducted in 102 cities all over India. A candidate may choose three preferences of test cities
No change of test city requests will be entertained once candidate has completed Payment for SNAP Online Test 2018.
The Test Centre and its address will be printed on the Admit Card.
While all efforts will be made to ensure that the candidate gets a test city as per his/her preferences, however, in some exceptional circumstances, a different test city in nearby area may be allotted.
Symbiosis Test Secretariat reserves the right to change or allot a city other than the one requested by the candidate in the event of the requested city not being available for any reason.
List of Test Cities
SNAP 2018: Institutes accepting the test Score
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM), Pune
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Hyderabad
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS), Pune
- Symbiosis Centre for Management & Human Resource Development (SCMHRD), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication (SIMC), Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM), Nashik
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Bengaluru
- Symbiosis School of Media and Communication (SSMC), Bengaluru
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF), Pune
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS), Pune
SNAP Test Result
SNAP 2018: Result: 2nd week of Jan 2019
The result of SNAP test will be announced by Symbiosis International University (SIU) in 2nd week of Jan 2019. Candidates can check their result on the official website of SNAP. Candidates can login through their user id and password. They can check their result till January 30, 2019. The scorecard will have sectional and overall scores acquired by the applicants. Students will be shortlisted for group exercise (GE), and Personal Interview (PI) and written ability test (WAT). However, they are advised to save their scorecard at the earliest to avoid any problem at the time of admission.
On the basis of SNAP score card, the participating institutes will prepare category-wise merit list based on SNAP score and performance in GE, PI and WAT. Category-wise cut off for Merit List and Wait List will be displayed on the website of the respective institutes.
Guidelines for Test Day
- Candidates are required to report at the Test Centre by 12:00 hrs, for the verification process which includes – Admit Card, ID Proof and Digital Finger print scan and Biometrics will also be taken.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear for the SNAP Online Test 2018 after 14.10 hrs.
- The SNAP Online Test 2018 will finish at 16.00 hrs, candidates are advised to complete their test on time as under any circumstances NO EXTRA TIME will be given to any candidate.
- Cell phones, calculators, watch calculators, alarm clocks, digital watches with built in calculators/ memory or any electronics gadgets are not allowed in the examination hall.
- Admit Card and ID proof will be checked by the test invigilator.
- Candidates can attempt any section in any order in the given time i.e. 120 minutes from 14.00 hrs. to 16.00 hrs.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the hall till 14.45 hrs. After submission of the test a candidate will not be allowed to re-enter the test hall.
- Candidates found using any unfair means will forfeit their chance of being considered for admission and will be debarred from receiving SNAP 2018 scores.
- Differently Abled category candidates are requested to contact STS with scanned copies of their Medical Certificates for ascertaining percentage of their disability. (email: email@example.com). Candidates failing to do this will be considered under the Open Category.
SNAP 2018: Courses offered
There are different courses offered by different Symbiosis Institutes across India and following courses are common to all:
SIBM Pune | SCMHRD | SITM | SIMS | SIIB | SIOM Nashik | SIBM Bengaluru | SSBF | SIBM Hyderabad
SICSR | SCIT
Media, Communication and Design
SIMC Pune | SSMC Bengaluru
Health and Biomedical Sciences
SIHS | SSSS
Final Countdown for SNAP 2018
SNAP 2018 will be conducted on December 16, 2018 by SIU. Here are some last-minute tips for a better preparation or revision.
As we prepare for any competitive test and once you do the revision properly, success will follow. The basic things we can to in the remaining last few days are:
- Work on your concepts: It is important to go thorough in most areas like statistics & geometry. There is important to have strong concepts to crack the SNAP 2018 successfully.
- Be Dynamic: Do not be disturbed or overwhelmed by past experiences of mock tests. Be confident but not over-confident.
- Be Informed: You should keep your eyes and ears open and collect data about previous year tests, competition, important dates, etc.