Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is likely to be conducted in coming December 2019 and notification to this effect will be out in August 2019 or so . Please watch this space for all important dates on SNAP 2019 and you will be updated. Online registration window is likely to be open for sixty days window and you need to close the registration for snap in that period positively.
SNAP is likely to be computer based test and you will get 120 minutes to for your tests in areas of General English, Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning , verbal Ability , Quantitative Aptitude , Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency and Current Affairs.
SNAP will have MCQ format with four answers as option. Each right answer will get you one mark but some special question might have as two marks. But there is likely to be rider for students with 25% marks can be deducted on wrong answers.
Current affairs in SNAP is always an important section worth of 30 marks hence, SNAP aspirants should be conscious of the is fact and prepare for SNAP 201 9 accordingly.
SNAP aspirant get facility of submitting 3 options for centers for exam and you will be allotted the most suitable exam center, based on your location with the view to ease you out during exam.
Important Information on SNAP Test
SNAP 2019: Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is a national level management entrance exam, administered by Symbiosis International University (SIU) for admission in 15 Symbiosis institutes. The SNAP 2019 application process will start in August 2019 and will end in November 2019. The test will be held online in December 2019. SNAP Test Admit Card should be printed from the SNAP website which will be available in December 2019.
It is an objective based test. Candidates have to choose the right response to avoid negative marking. The test will be conducted in 102 cities in India. A candidate will get three preferences to choose the cities.
Each question has 4 responses. Candidate should choose an appropriate response. Each wrong answer attracts 25% negative marks. The question will consist of 150 questions carrying one mark for each right answer.
A candidate needs to register for SNAP Test & also register for the institutes offering his/ her choice of programmes by paying separate programmes registration fees. If shortlisted, he/she would then need to attend the GE-PIWAT process conducted by each of these institutes individually.
SNAP 2019 Test Important Dates
|Online Registrations for SNAP commences||August 2019|
|SNAP Test Registration closes||November 2019|
|SNAP Test payment closes||November 2019|
|SNAP Test Admit Card available on website||December 2019|
|SNAP Test 2019||December 2019|
|Announcement of Result||2nd week of January 2020|
SNAP 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidates who meet the eligibility criteria should apply for the SNAP 2019. The criteria as follows:
- The candidates should have completed their graduation in any discipline from statutory university with minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) to meet the required eligiblity criteria for all the Master of Business Administration Program.
- Candidates who have completed qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) .
- All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU.
- Evaluation Division of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)issues equivalence certificate for foreign degrees/qualifications. The contact details are as below:
Association of Indian Universities
AIU House, 16 Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg (Kotla Marg),
New Delhi-110002, India
Tel. No.+91-11-23230059; 23232429; 23232305
SNAP 2019 Registration Process
- Candidates who wish to apply for SNAP exam need to register at their website snaptest.org .
- Candidates must give their Correct Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email Address in the SNAP registration process as these details cannot be changed.
- The last date for registration is November 2019. Candidates need to be careful about certain parameters while filling their application form.
- If a candidate wants to make changes in the online application form he/she can do until the last date of Registration. There will be no change in the city preferences once the candidate has completed the SNAP online test payment.
- Candidates must upload their latest colour passport size photo at the time of Online Registration. The photograph should not be more than 3 months old. After filling the application form, candidates are advised to ensure the information filled is accurate and correct.
SNAP 2019: Paper/Exam Pattern for the test
- The duration of the SNAP test is two hours (120 Minutes).
- The test follows an MCQ (Objective) format wherein each question lists 4 options out of which a student has to select the right answer.( Only for Normal Questions)
- For special questions in each section will have blanks where answers will have to be entered by the candidate by using the virtual keyboard. For example, if question is “What is the capital of Australia?” The candidate needs to enter the answer as CANBERRA by using the virtual keyboard
- Normal Questions carry 1 mark for each question and Special Questions carry 2 marks for each question.
- ¼ marks (25%) are deducted for every wrong answer for normal and special questions .
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||30||5||35||40|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||30||5||35||40|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30||5||35||40|
SNAP 2019 Syllabus
There is not much difference in the syllabus of SNAP exam as compared to other MBA entrance exams. The exam syllabus is divided into four main parts-
- General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Current Affairs
Out of 150 questions in SNAP 2019, 25 questions worth of 30 marks will be on General Awareness, GK, Current Affairs and Business Scenario and this will be crucial for coming SNAP in December 2019.
In companies Brand managers are always abreast of their surroundings as it helps them to understand markets and consumers competitively, politically, sociologically.
Likewise, MBA aspirants are expected to know all that will concern them as consumer and since aspirants will be tomorrow's managers hence, you are tested in this section.
SNAP 2019 Admit Card
- Test takers are advised to take the print out of their Admit Card from the SNAP website available in December 2019.
- Candidates must ensure to fix their latest passport size, colour photograph on the Admit Card. (The photograph should not be more than 3 months old).
- Admit Card along with Photo Identity proof should be carried to the Test Centre at the time of the test. An acceptable photo identity proofs is any one of the following
- Driving license
- Voter ID Card
- Pan Card
- AADHAR Card (UID)
SNAP 2019: List of Test Centers
SNAP 2019 Test will be conducted in 102 cities all over India. A candidate may choose three preferences of test cities
No change of test city requests will be entertained once candidate has completed Payment for SNAP Online Test 2019.
The Test Centre and its address will be printed on the Admit Card.
While all efforts will be made to ensure that the candidate gets a test city as per his/her preferences, however, in some exceptional circumstances, a different test city in nearby area may be allotted.
Symbiosis Test Secretariat reserves the right to change or allot a city other than the one requested by the candidate in the event of the requested city not being available for any reason.
List of exam city
SNAP Test Result
SNAP 2019: Result: 2nd week of Jan 2020
The result of SNAP test will be announced by Symbiosis International University (SIU) in 2nd week of Jan 2020. Candidates can check their result on the official website of SNAP. Candidates can login through their user id and password. They can check their result in January 2020. The scorecard will have sectional and overall scores acquired by the applicants. Students will be shortlisted for group exercise (GE), and Personal Interview (PI) and written ability test (WAT). However, they are advised to save their scorecard at the earliest to avoid any problem at the time of admission.
On the basis of SNAP score card, the participating institutes will prepare category-wise merit list based on SNAP score and performance in GE, PI and WAT. Category-wise cut off for Merit List and Wait List will be displayed on the website of the respective institutes.
Guidelines for Test Day
- Candidates are required to report at the Test Centre by 12:00 hrs, for the verification process which includes – Admit Card, ID Proof and Digital Finger print scan and Biometrics will also be taken.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear for the SNAP Online Test 2019 after 14.10 hrs.
- The SNAP Online Test 2019 will finish at 16.00 hrs, candidates are advised to complete their test on time as under any circumstances NO EXTRA TIME will be given to any candidate.
- Cell phones, calculators, watch calculators, alarm clocks, digital watches with built in calculators/ memory or any electronics gadgets are not allowed in the examination hall.
- Admit Card and ID proof will be checked by the test invigilator.
- Candidates can attempt any section in any order in the given time i.e. 120 minutes from 14.00 hrs. to 16.00 hrs.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the hall till 14.45 hrs. After submission of the test a candidate will not be allowed to re-enter the test hall.
- Candidates found using any unfair means will forfeit their chance of being considered for admission and will be debarred from receiving SNAP 2019 scores.
- Differently Abled category candidates are requested to contact STS with scanned copies of their Medical Certificates for ascertaining percentage of their disability. (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Candidates failing to do this will be considered under the Open Category.
SNAP 2019: Courses offered
There are different courses offered by different Symbiosis Institutes across India and following courses are common to all:
SIBM Pune | SCMHRD | SITM | SIMS | SIIB | SIOM Nashik | SIBM Bengaluru | SSBF | SIBM Hyderabad
SICSR | SCIT
Media, Communication and Design
SIMC Pune | SSMC Bengaluru
Health and Biomedical Sciences
SIHS | SSSS
Final Countdown for SNAP 2019
SNAP 2019 will be conducted in December 2019 by SIU. Here are some last-minute tips for a better preparation or revision.
As we prepare for any competitive test and once you do the revision properly, success will follow. The basic things we can to in the remaining last few days are:
- Work on your concepts: It is important to go thorough in most areas like statistics & geometry. There is important to have strong concepts to crack the SNAP 2019 successfully.
- Be Dynamic: Do not be disturbed or overwhelmed by past experiences of mock tests. Be confident but not over-confident.
- Be Informed: You should keep your eyes and ears open and collect data about previous year tests, competition, important dates, etc.
SNAP 2018 – Exam Analysis
The SNAP 2018 exam was held on Sunday, 16th December 2018. The SNAP 2018 exam was easier when compared to SNAP 2017 and SNAP 2016.
The General English section was easy although the RC passages were long and time taking. The Quantitative Ability section was easy and had conventional questions. The Logical & Analytical Reasoning section was also comparatively easier, and there were no Verbal Reasoning questions. The General Awareness Section has questions mostly from politics and business awareness.
A score of 67-72 could be considered a good score.