Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai has laid down the eligibility criteria for candidates who wish to apply for the postgraduate programmes at the various TISS campuses. The candidates have to fulfil the eligibility criteria specified by the institute to be eligible to apply for TISSNET entrance exam.
The candidates applying for TISSNET have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- A Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized authority
- Candidates awaiting their final year graduation results can apply too
- There is no age limit
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts
- The online application must be filled carefully. In case of any discrepancy, the candidature will be cancelled on the spot
This is the minimum eligibility criteria for TISSNET. In addition to this, the candidates must be aware of the following criteria to determine the eligibility to apply for TISSNET:
- ‘Pass Class’ mentioned in the Bachelor’s Degree of candidates would be used for the purpose of determining the eligibility. (‘Pass Class’ means that the student will be graded and these grades will determine if the student has cleared the exam or not.)
- For candidates to apply, they should have cleared all their exams in the previous undergraduate courses (main/ major/ subsidiary, qualifying etc.) of the first and second years of graduation (in case of a three year graduation programme), and first, second and third years (in case of a four year graduate programme).
- Candidates who have failed their final year examination are not eligible to apply for any postgraduate programme unless they clear their Bachelor’s Degree examination on the day of applying for any programme offered by the institute.
- In case the information furnished by a candidate is found to be incorrect/ misleading or not meeting the eligibility criteria at any stage of the admission process, the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled.
- A candidate who has been given provisional admission, but fails to qualify in the final examination of the Graduate Programme, will lose the admission.
General Eligibility Criteria for TISSNET
Only those candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria of TISSNET and complete all the requirements of the final year Graduate Programme are eligible to apply to the programmes. The candidates need to submit their final year examination to confirm their admission, other criteria being fulfilled.
TISSNET Eligibility Criteria for International Students
Candidates who are not citizens of India or Permanent Resident of India and other international students, have to satisfy a separate eligibility criteria to be eligible to apply for TISSNET.
- Such candidates can apply to a maximum of two programmes but should fulfil the general eligibility requirements for the programme(s).
- International students who wish to apply for the postgraduate programme in Human Resource Management and Labour Studies Programme (HRM) must have a GMAT score of 610 and above as well.
- International candidates who have completed their graduation from a non- English country, where the medium of instruction was not English, will have to furnish their IELTS (6.5 and above) or TOEFL (Above 90) scores as well.
The candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria carefully before applying to TISSNET. They should also provide correct information as an discrepancy may result in cancellation of their admission.
TISSNET Related Articles
|TISSNET Exam 2022||TISSNET Exam Pattern 2022|
|TISSNET Syllabus||TISSNET 2022 Admit Card|
Stay informed, Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous