Tips for XAT Preparation
XAT 2019 Important Information
XAT or Xavier Aptitude Test is the entrance exam organized by Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur on the behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). XAT 2019 will be conducted in January 2019. The exam duration is 3½ hours from 10 AM to 1:35 PM. The Mode for XAT Exam is Online.
The exam is accepted by XLRI and many other top tier management institutes in India. The XAT score is being used by more than 150 institutes for the admission. XLRI has been conducting XAT for last 60 years. It is one of the oldest competitive examination in India to select most appropriate students for the management education. Till 2017 XAT was conducted as paper based test, onwoards has announced to be an online computer based test.
XLRI application has been embedded with XAT application. Candidates applying to XLRI do not have to fill up two separate forms. XAT is the second largest MBA entrance exam for MBA/PGDM after CAT. It is considered to be one of the toughest MBA entrance exams in India that calls for complete dedication and awareness.
|Exam Date||January 2019|
|Exam Timings||10:00 AM to 01:35 PM|
|Result Date||January 2019|
|Date of Commencement of Application||August 2018|
|Last Date for Applying (Without Late Fee)||November 2018|
|Last Date for Applying (With Late Fee)||December 2018|
|Admit Card Download Date||December 2018|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|XAT 2018 Cities||Cities within India : 47|
|Cities outside India : 2|
XAT 2019 Eligibility
- Candidates must have a recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline.
- Students completing their final examination by June 10, 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- All Indian candidates must appear for XAT 2019. However NRI and foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score (except Dubai and Kathmandu wherein candidates have an option of appearing for XAT 2019)
XAT 2019 Exam Pattern and Analysis
XAT exam Pattern
The XAT exam pattern for 2019 is divided into 2 parts:
- Part 1 – Verbal Ability, Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
- Part 2 – GK and Essay
Based on previous years exam patterns. Accordingly, all questions will carry equal marks. Candidate has to choose the right option. Otherwise, one fourth mark will be deducted for every incorrect attempt. Each question in XAT 2019 test paper will have 5 answer options. Apart from overall cut-off percentile, the XAT 2019 exam will also have sectional cut-offs. There will be no negative marking for writing section.
What makes XAT different from CAT is the Essay Writing Section besides Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs). Students are evaluated on their writing skills as well.
XAT Exam Registration and Fees
Modes of Payment – Online, Offline via Cash or Demand Draft Candidates only interested in XAT but not in XLRI need to pay a fee of Rs. 1650/-Candidates interested in XLRI programme(s) needs to pay an additional fee of Rs.300/- each.
XAT 2019 Admit Card, Instructions for Exam
- MBA Aspirants can download their admit card from XAT Official website www.xatonline. in from December 20, 2017 onwards.
- XAT office will not be sending admit cards to the candidates.
- Students must download their admit cards and represent it at the time of exam at the examination centre.
Instructions for XAT 2019
Applicants should note that registration for XAT 2019 and appearing for XAT 2019 is the preliminary step towards applying to XLRI and XAT Associate Institutes. Applicants to different institutes, besides XLRI have to apply separately to Institutes of their choice. Applicants for XAT 2018 can choose to pay online using credit card/ debit card/ online banking.
Candidates can also make payment through a demand draft made from any bank (in favour of XLRI Jamshedpur). Third alternative for making payment can be “cash”. This can be done from any of the IDBI Bank branches located in India to make payment for XAT 2019.
XAT 2019 Online Mode
This year, for the first time Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) was conducted in Online Mode in 314 centres across 49 cities including Dubai and Kathmandu in January, 2019.
However, at 2 centres due to server related technical issues, the exam couldn’t be conducted. Re-examination will be conducted at these centres for the affected students. The new date will be will be announced very soon and communicated to the affected students.
Stated by Official Spokesperson, XLRI – Xavier School of Management.
XAT Result 2019: XLRI Jamshedpur will report the XAT 2019 outcome in January. The aftereffect of XAT 2019 will be accessible online as it was previously. Applicants can check the XAT 2019 result by entering their login credentials - XAT ID and Date of Birth. The XAT result 2019 will declare the section wise, general scores and percentiles. XAT 2019 outcome will be ascertained by the official answer key. Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2019 is scheduled in January.
XAT 2019 score card will be accessible for download between February 2019. XLRI likewise sends the printed copy of XAT score card to test takers at their enlisted address by post. XLRI and other Institutes including SPJIMR, GIM, TAPMI, IRMA, IMT, XIMB will acknowledge XAT 2019 scores and will report the waitlist for next rounds after the statement of XAT result 2019. The selection procedure of XAT incorporates Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and Essay Writing or Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds.
XAT Accepting Institutes, Member Institutes, XAT Exam Cities
|1||Loyola Institute of Business Administration||www.liba.edu|
|2||Xavier Business School (XBS), St.Xavier's University, Kolkata||www.sxuk.edu.in|
|3||St. Francis Institute of Management and Research (SFIMR)||www.sfimar.org|
|4||St. Joseph's College of Business Administration||www.sjcba.edu.in|
|5||St.Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology||www.staloysics.ac.in|
|6||Xavier Institute of Management||http://www.ximb.edu.in/|
Preparation Strategy to Crack XAT 2019
- Know your Exam – Although there is no any written syllabus for competitive exams like XAT or CAT, but still, by observing the past trends, you can get a lot of idea of what sort of question is expected to appear in the question paper. The sections are usually announced in advance like verbal ability, quantitative aptitude, decision making, essay writing, general awareness, etc. So, what you really need to work upon is the basics of these subject areas, like Maths formulas for QA, English grammar for VA & essay writing and regular current news updates for general awareness. Thus, if you are aware of the essentials of the paper, you will come out with flying colours.
- Know the Difference - XAT is pretty different from all the other MBA entrance exams that you plan to appear for. That doesn’t mean it is the toughest but undoubtedly the one that checks your academic skills as well as IQ and expression power. It does not require you to be the master of any one field while ignoring others; rather it looks out for a jack of all trade who could be transformed into the master of business administration/management in near future.
XAT Exam FAQs
Question (1) What should I do if there is lot of delay in accessing the page ?
Speed for Registration of On-Line Application on Internet, is based on various factors like Internet Speed, large number of applicants trying to register the application at the same time etc. Therefore, if you are not able to get the pages for registration immediately, please retry after a gap of 15 minutes or during off-peak hours during the night.
Question (2) How do I know that my application is registered ?
Successful Registration is indicated by the Page displayed after clicking the Submit Button indicating the generated "XAT ID". Please note down the same carefully and preserve it. If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-Print the Application and download the Admit Card.
Question (3) What details should I retain while replying to auto-response emails ?
While writing back by replying the confirmation emails for genuine problem, please retain the text containing "XAT ID" and "PASSWORD" details on the email.