Set up in 1963 as a Centre of Excellence in International Trade and Business, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade was conferred the status of a Deemed University in 2002. IIFT’s flagship programme, MBA in International Business, is nationally and internationally acclaimed.
In 2015, IIFT was accredited by NAAC with an ‘A’ Grade. It also ranked 31 according to the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2019. IIFT is a member of international organizations such as Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Academy of International Business (AIB), European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), Brussels and International Association of Trade Training Organisations (IATTO), UK.
International Student Exchange Programme which gives international exposure in a multi-cultural setting.
Academic collaboration with renowned institutions in countries such as the United States, South Korea, Vietnam, Russia, United Kingdom, Europe, and Canada. Click here to read about the universities and colleges
Students are exposed to international research and multilateral institutions like UNESCAP (Bangkok), UNDP, RCC (Bangkok), Commonwealth Secretariat (London), ICTSD, Third World Network, etc. Institutional tie-ups with the Sri Lankan Institute of Policy Studies (IPS), South Asia Watch on Trade, Economics and Environment (SAWTEE), NEPAL, and South Asian Network on Economic Modeling (SANEM), Bangladesh are some of the initiatives in South Asian region.
1. Centre for Research in International Trade aids policy research and capacity building in relevant field.
2. Centre for Trade and Investment Law provides an analysis of legal issues related to international trade and investment law. Also, it helps create a dedicated pool of legal experts with technical know-how related to international trade, investment negotiations, and dispute settlement.
3. Practical knowledge and skill development via port visit during the fourth trimester.
4. Visit to domestic and international ports such as Kochi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Mundra, Vizag, Dubai, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore.
5. Guest Lectures from eminent industry experts.
IIFT offers dynamic course curriculum in sync with the industry - demand, requirement & expectations.
Particular focus on international trade and business.
Exposure via specific clubs like BLASH (Buy Low And Sell High) help students understand the current and new trends of international business and trading.
There are dedicated events like National Trade Summit (IIFT’s flagship event). Students get a platform to interact with academic and industry experts.
There are pedagogical activities such as guest lectures, presentations, live projects, quizzes to enhance knowledge related to trade and international business.
The Foreign Trade Library has 1,03,407 resources comprising of books, DVDs, periodicals, and journals.
Only the best candidates are chosen after a rigorous selection procedure.
All batches ensure gender diversity.
The students are from diverse educational backgrounds such as engineering, commerce, pharma, biotech, and others.
There is a healthy mix of experienced professionals and freshers, which guarantees a seamless flow of ideas and ideologies.
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade was the fastest premier B-School in the country to complete 100% placements for the graduating batch of its flagship MBA (International Business) programme. The batch of 2017-19 constituting 279 students was placed across 98 companies with 32 new recruiters participating in the placement drive. The average overall compensation offered was Rs. 20.07 LPA compared to Rs. 19.23 LPA last year while average domestic compensation rose to Rs. 18.89 LPA compared to Rs. 18.27 LPA last year. The median compensation for the year also rose to Rs. 18 LPA from Rs. 17 LPA. The highest salary offered overall crossed Rs. 1 crore with several students receiving compensations of over Rs. 75 LPA.
The placement season was buoyed by 93 PPOs offered by major recruiters such as ABFRL, Airtel, Amazon, Axis Bank, Bajaj Auto, Bain Capability Network, Britannia, Citibank, GE, GEP, Godrej, Goldman Sachs, HP, HT Media, IVP, ICICI, Infoedge, ITC, JPMC, KPMG, Louis Dreyfus, Maersk Line, Marico, OfBusiness, Piramal, PPG Asian Paints, Royal Enfield, RPG, Shell, Synergy Consulting, Tata Metalliks, Tata Steel, Tata Motors, Wipro Technologies and Yes Bank.
Among the 32 first time recruiters were Aegis Resources, Axtria, Bata, DE Shaw Group, Epik InDiFi, Enhance Group, Export Trading Group, Fermenta Biotech, Field Fresh Foods, Go-MMT, HomeCredit, HUL, Lenskart, United Health Group, Paytm, Polycab, Rivigo, Roland Berger, Samunnati Finance, Tata Global Beverages, Tresvista Financial Services and Zomato. GE Healthcare also opened its coveted Commercial Leadership Program for the first time.
1. The Institute successfully completed its summer placements for the batch of 2019-21. The largest ever batch at IIFT was placed across 96 companies. This year, the average stipend increased by 13.5%. While the highest stipend offered was Rs. 3,20,000, the average stipend rose to Rs. 1,68,000 for the entire duration of 2 months. The average stipend for the top 50% of the batch was Rs. 2,42,000 for 2 months. This year the number of companies with an average stipend of over Rs 2,00,000 has increased by 46%.
If you see yourself with the potential to be a business leader in the future and want to carve a niche for yourself in the international trade and business, IIFT should be your choice. IIFT holds its own management entrance exam every year at national level. Starting this year, IIFT 2019 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
The IIFT 2019 exam is on Sunday, 1st December 2019. Click here to apply on or before 3rd November 2019.