Sathya Saminadan R S
Assistant Professor, Marketing
IFMR Krea University
Dr Sathya after Completing MBA from IFMR, have 19 rich years of Work experience of which 10 years he was in the Industry and 9 years in Academia. Initial career started with a Pharmaceutical Company as Sales representative. Later moved to aviation industry and later into banking sector.
Had a vibrant career growth, starting as a Sales Executive to Assistant Vice President. Served and been a part of every marketing department which included Sales, Training, Digital Marketing and Product strategy. Was heading the branches in bank, lead a holistic team of managers who were responsible for revenue and broadening market.
During 2010 moved to Great Lakes Institute of Management as lecturer for marketing as move towards the passion of becoming a teacher.
Dr Sathya, Completed his PhD in Digital Marketing in alliance with search and purchase behaviour of the consumer from the University, SCSVMV – Kanchipuram.
He is associated with than a dozen colleges in Chennai and outer as a visiting prof. and to name a few, IIT- Madras, LIBA and SRM.
He was awarded as the best teacher for the year 2016 by International Business Conference committee, Goa for the contribution towards teaching and research in the area of Marketing.
Been a committee chair in many occasions for to manage an event, conference, department and institution building exercises.
Dr Sathya Saminadan have also published several research papers and some them were widely recognized among the research community, to name a few :
- ‘Inclusive growth on Insurance Industry’ – Gravity Magazine, 2011 Novermber Issue
- ‘Lessons from Annachis of Tamil Nadu’ – International Marketing Conference IIM – Ranchi, 2012
- ‘Consumer Centric Marketing In Retail Grocery Business’ - International Journal of Marketing, Financial Services and Management research – 2013
- ‘Branding strategies of H&M in India’ – National conference for Business Management, NMIMS – Hyderabad, 2015
- ‘Influence of Online sources towards the searching behavior among doctors With Special reference to Medical Equipment’ – International Journal of Sales & Marketing Management Research and Development (IJSMMRD), 2017
Recommended Books by Dr. Sathya Saminadan R S
The following books are recommended for the students pursuing MBA in Marketing:
1. You can win - Shiv Khera
2. What a CEO Wants to Know - Ram Charan
3. Buy.ology - Martin Lindstrom
4. Social Media ROI - Olivier Blandchard