What is NMAT 2018 Exam?
NMAT 2018 is an entrance test conducted by GMAC™. The NMAT by GMAC™ 2018 score is not only accepted by NMIMS (Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Indore Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Shirpur) for admission but other leading management colleges across India as well.
The NMAT Exam by GMAC Score is acknowledged and accepted by the following MBA Institutes.
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad
- Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
- GITAM School of International Business, Vizag
- IBS, Hyderabad and other locations
Don't Miss your chance
Register Now for NMAT by GMAC 2018
NMAT by GMAC Exam 2018 Information/ Guidelines/ Instructions
- NMAT 2018 Notification is out.
- NMAT 2018 Registration Dates are from July 03, 2018 to October 03, 2018.
- NMAT 2018 Exam dates are from October 04, 2018 to December 17, 2018.
- NMAT 2018 Results will be out in 2nd week of January 2019.
The dates for NMAT Exam have been announced. The registration for NMAT Exam will open from July 03, 2018 for admissions in its School of Business Management for academic session 2019-21 and the students, after their formal registrations in NMAT 2018, is an online test opened in a window period from October 04 to December 17, 2018 , candidate can take two more retakes after first attempt.
Instructions/ Guidelines for Candidates taking NMAT 2018 Exam
- Candidates are required to produce original copies of non-expired identifications which have with recognizable photograph and signature.
- Candidates will have to show the confirmation e-mail printout, photocopy of the primary ID and the print out of admit card.
- Any member accompanying the candidate will not be allowed into the premises where exam will be conducted.
- Invigilators have the right to exclude candidates who fail to follow the rules and procedures
- Candidates, who have successfully pre-registered and have printouts for confirmation mail, admit card along with an original valid ID will be allowed to write the NMAT by GMAC™. Those who fail to produce any of these will be barred from the exam.
NMAT Exam Notification/Online Notification
Thousands of MBA students, aspiring to get admission in NMIMS and other leading management institutions which will kick-start their professional careers as managers, analysts and executives, must be looking out for the NMAT 2018 Exam Notification. NMAT by GMAC is their first opportunity towards a successful career in business and management.
NMAT online exam Notification for 2018 has been released. The Registration window will be open from July 03 to October 03, 2018. Last Year the Notification of NMAT Exam started on July 4, 2017. The NMAT Exam window will open from October to December 2018. Candidates can register for the NMAT by GMAC™ through an online registration process.
NMAT 2018 Exam Date / Important Dates
NMAT Exam can be taken from October 04, 2018 to December 17, 2018. The Registration for the same can be done online from July 03, 2018. Result for NMAT by GMAC Test will be released in 2nd week of January 2019. Below is the complete list of NMAT 2018 Exam Important Dates:
|Event||Start Date||End Date|
|Registration||July 03, 2018||October 03, 2018|
|Scheduling||July 03, 2018||October 16, 2018|
|Late Registration||October 04, 2018||October 14, 2018|
|Registration - Retake||October 05, 2018||December 14, 2018|
|Re-scheduling||July 03, 2018||December 14, 2018|
|Re-take Scheduling||October 05, 2018||December 14, 2018|
|Exam Delivery||October 04, 2018||December 17, 2018|
|Final Announcement of Results||2nd week of January, 2019|
|Last date for Official score card download||March 31, 2019|
NMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
All Candidates who complete the NMAT 2018 Exam Registration process, pay the test fee within the time specified and follow the published NMAT 2018 by GMAC™ exam terms and conditions may sit for the NMAT by GMAC™ exam. The Candidate needs to check the eligibility requirements of all the universities and schools to which he/she is interested to apply before registering for NMAT by GMAC™ exam.
NMAT 2018 Exam Pattern / NMAT Exam Format / Structure
The three sections of the NMAT 2018 are timed individually. Candidates must answer questions and review answers of each section within the allotted time. Once you move on to the other section, the answers to the previous section are final and cannot be updated/ changed.
|Sr. No||Section||No. of Questions||Time in Minutes|
NMAT aspirants should note that Out of 120 questions, 32 questions in Language skills section will be tricky in NMAT 2018 and you need to understand the usage of language as that's the really a test for you.
You will tested be for your vocabulary, language usage in form of filing in the blanks, idioms with jumbled paras.
Trickiest test will be in form of Reading Comprehension wherein you will get unseen para of 500 words and you have to answer with 5 options.
Since usage of language plays a crucial role in business communication hence, you are tested in language skills and in coming NMAT 2018 , it will be more tougher than last year.
NMAT Exam Syllabus 2018
NMAT by GMAC Exam will comprise of 3 Sections namely Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. Below are the topics for each section that you must prepare for :
- Language Skills
- Quantitative Skills, Data Interpretation & DS
- Logical Reasoning
NMAT 2018 Application Form/Registration
Registration for NMAT 2018 Exam is the first step before scheduling the exam date and Location.
- Create an account on nmat.org.in using a valid email address.
- Provide the following details:
o Contact Information
o Personal Information
o Educational and Work Experience
o List of Chosen Programmes to Send Scores
o Valid ID
o Interest in Participating in a Search Service - Yes
o Agree to Terms & Conditions
- Your name and date of birth that you enter on the application registration form must exactly match the name and date of birth on your Photo and Signature ID.
NMAT 2018 Application Form/ Registration/ Exam Login/ NMAT EXAM Test Slot Booking/ Exam Slot Windows
NMAT 2018 Exam Duration/ Time / Exam Hours
The NMAT by GMAC Exam will be conducted online for a duration of 120 Minutes i.e. 2 hours. Each section will be given a particular time duration. Language skills section will be of 22 minutes, Logical Reasoning section is for 38 minutes and 60 minutes assigned to Quantitative Skills Section. Total comprising of 120 minutes. You will be given a choice of your time slot at the time of registration on first come first serve basis.
You must report to your allocated test centre 45 minutes prior to the scheduled time of your test. Candidates, who arrive at the test centre on the specified scheduled test date more than 15 minutes after the scheduled exam start time, may not be permitted to take the NMAT Exam 2018.
NMAT 2018 Exam Preparation
Few preparation tips for NMAT exam
- Time Management and Consistency
- Speed and Accuracy
- No Negative marking
- Practice and Analyze
- The more you practice the more efficient you will be.
- Exam Day Strategy
NMAT Exam 2018 Accepting Colleges
NMAT by GMAC Exam is considered and accepted by NMIMS and many other leading Institutes. As the NMAT 2018 Result is declared the Institutes will set their cut off on the basis of the score. NMAT Exam Score is accepted by 21 leading Institutions. The list of NMAT 2018 exam accepting colleges is listed below:
- Alliance University
- Amity University
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University
- Bennett University
- BML Munjal University
- BSE Institute Limited
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- Jindal Global Business school - Delhi/NCR
- MISB Bocconi
- Mody University
- Shiv Nadar University
- SRM University Chennai, Delhi NCR Sonipat
- SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad)
- Thapar School of Management
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)
- VIT University
- Woxsen School of Business Management
- Xavier University
NMAT 2018 Admit Card
Candidates can download admit card from NMAT by GMAC website once the registration process is completed and the Examination date is declared. Admit Cards can be downloaded online by using their user ID and password which is mailed to them after the compilation of their registration form.
NMAT 2018 Result
Your NMAT 2018 Test scores will be published on the nmat.org.in website within 4-5 weeks after your test date. Once the scores have been published you will receive an email indicating that your scores are available. To access your scores you can login to the website nmat.org.in. At the same time, your scores will be sent to the 5 schools that you selected at the time of registration to share your scores.
NMAT 2018 Answer Key
NMAT 2018 Answer Key will be released after the NMAT Exam. NMAT Exam window is from October to December 2018. NMAT Exam Answer key will have all the answers as per the order of questions asked in the exam. With this the candidates can have an idea about how they performed in the test. Candidates can get an estimate of their scores and get an idea about which college they can qualify for.
Exam Analysis - Previous Years / NMAT Exam Experience
NMAT Exam consists of 3 main sections: Language and Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. Each Section has a pre-defined number of questions.
NMAT Exam 2018 Analysis
The NMAT 2018 exam started in 4th October 2018 and got over on 17th December 2018. The exam was split over five windows and each window was 15-days long. The questions were predictable, and the pattern was as expected. The NMAT 2018 exam paper pattern was as below:
No. of Questions
Time (in Minutes)
Previous Year Analysis for NMAT Exam
NMAT Exam 2017 Analysis
According to students experience in NMAT Exam 2017, Language skills section was easy to moderate, Quantitative skills were moderate, Logical Reasoning was easy to moderate, the overall Exam was easy to moderate.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Time (in Minutes)||Difficulty Level|
NMAT Exam 2016 Analysis
NMAT Exam has three sections with no negative marking. Candidates can choose the sequence of sections. The overall experience for NMAT Exam 2016 was pleasant for students with no technical glitches. As per the expert analysis, the language skills section was Easy-Moderate, Quantitative skills was Moderate, Logical Reasoning was Easy- Moderate, the overall exam was Easy to Moderate.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Time (in Minutes)||Difficulty Level|
NMAT Exam 2015 Analysis
NMAT 2015 analysis says that the language skills section was moderate, Quantitative skills was also moderate, Logical Reasoning was Easy to moderate, the overall analysis exam was Moderate.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Time (in Minutes)||Difficulty Level|
NMAT 2018 Exam Test Centers / Venue
NMAT Exam will be held in 44 cities at 58 test centres throughout India and at 4 International centres, Candidates can choose their Test Venue according to their convenience.
NMAT Exam Day Requirements
Candidates must provide the following documents at the exam centre on the day of the exam:
- Printout of Confirmation E-mail & Admit Card
- Xerox of Primary ID
- One latest photograph along with one original ID, (candidates can bring either of the following IDs as a proof - Passport/ PAN Card/Voter ID card/ UID/Aadhar Card/Driver’s License)
Following are not acceptable as IDs on the day of the test:
- Learner’s driver’s license
- Photocopies (attested or otherwise)
- Notarized copies
Candidates must carry one photocopy of the photo ID for submission at test centre Candidates who are not able to produce the above forms of valid ID will not be admitted to write the test.
Candidates taking the examination at the international level are required to bring the following documents on the day of test centre:
- Confirmation email printout
- Admit Card: Candidates should download their admit card from NMAT by GMAC Account.
- Original passport (valid and non-expired) and a photocopy of the passport
NMAT Exam Validity
The Exam validity for NMAT Exam is 1 Year. The NMAT Exam Score is valid only for one academic session. Since, GMAC is the conducting body for NMAT, there might be a probability that NMAT Score validity might increase like GMAT.
As of now NMAT Exam Validity is 1 Year.
NMAT 2018 cut off for NMIMS Mumbai/ Bangalore and Hyderabad
All the NMAT participating colleges will release their cut-offs once the NMAT 2018 result is declared.
There are 3 sections in the NMAT 2018 Examination, the cut-off prepared is based on the sectional cut-off of the exam. All the candidates must score sectional cut-off and overall cut-off, to get admission in NMAT participating colleges. Seats will be allotted to candidates strictly on merit basis.
Cut – offs below for NMIMS Mumbai/ Bangalore and Hyderabad for 2018-20 session
|NMIMS Mumbai/ Bangalore/ Hyderabad||Quantitative Skills||Logical Reasoning||Language Skills|
NMAT Exam Retake
Candidates can appear maximum 3 times during a year for NMAT exam. This includes the first attempt plus the maximum of two retake.
Retake exam option will be enabled in your dashboard after your exam date.
Candidates can retake exam by going to the retake section and pay the registration fees. You need not fill all the details again.
Candidates can schedule the re take exam date 15 or more days after the most recent attempt.
Candidates may decide to re take the NMAT Test to improve their scores. . In such cases, the best of three scores will be considered by NMIMS for admissions. The same login credentials can be used for logging in and making the payment.
After writing the NMAT 2018 exam once, candidates can choose not to appear for the other 2 retakes. It is not mandatory.
You may reschedule your appointment if you can't appear for the original test appointment. You may reschedule your appointment up to 72 hours prior to your original appointment. You may pay for your reschedule a using credit card only.
Candidates not appearing for the test on time, will be treated as “No Show”
The Test retake registration window will be open from October, 2018 to December, 2018. The candidates can choose to schedule the retake test for any available date during the retake scheduling window.
NMAT Exam Schedule/ Re schedule
Schedule Your Exam
- Candidates will have to submit their Registration form and fees before deadline to be able to schedule and attempt NMAT Exam. Candidates should schedule their test as soon as payment is done and scheduling section is activated under the scheduling tab as the seats will be available on first come first serve basis.
- Candidate will have to schedule the test on their own and only one test attempt can be scheduled at a time.
- Candidates can select their preferred date, time slot and test center based on the availability.
- Candidates can select the test centers of their choice from the list given on the website.
- The Registration / Scheduling window will be open from July 2018 to October 2018 for candidates who registered under early registration window or late registration window.
- Candidates can schedule their NMAT Exam any time during the registration/ scheduling window for any slot which is a minimum of 24 hours later than the time scheduling transaction is carried out.
- After scheduling of the test, the candidates will receive confirmation e-mail having the test center name and address, the test date and start time of the test.
- Candidates can re-schedule their NMAT Exam no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled date of the test to a different date, time or test center (subject to availability) by paying the applicable fee of INR 1000 + Applicable taxes.
- Seat availability for candidates in terms of test centre, slot and date will be on a First come, First serve basis.
- No Rescheduling can be done if 72 hours or less than 72 hours are remaining for the scheduled test.
- Candidates can use the rescheduling option from July 2018 to December 2018
NMAT 2018 Exam Cancellation
Candidates can cancel their NMAT Exam within 7 days from the date of their test registration and receipt of full payment. Candidates will have to send their request for a refund to nmat support from registered mail ID.
Refund will be provided within 30 days from the date of cancellation. No refund fee will be given if cancellation is requested after 7 days from the date of test registration.
GMAC does not impose any fees or processing charges on refunds.
NMAT Contact / Helpline number
For Queries related to Registration Form and Payments you may contact on below Helpline number: Phone Support: +917863008300 – Monday to Friday (except public holidays - 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM IST)
Email Support: email@example.com
For Exam scheduling and Re-scheduling related queries you may reach to below number
Phone Support: 0120 4397855 – Monday to Saturday (8:00 AM to 6:00 PM IST) (Except public holidays)
NMAT 2018 Exam Books
- MBA Entrance Gide CAT/ MAT/ JMET/ MHCET/ FMS & Others MBA Entrance Exams
- Guide to MBA Entrance Test - MAT CAT ATMA XLRI SCMHRD NMIMS JMET Etc
- JMET MBA Entrance Compel Book by Chandresh Agrawal
- Model Test Papers Joint Management Entrance Test (JMET)
- Guide Plus for MBA Entrance Exams CAT XAT CET etc.
- Complete Kit for MBA Entrance Exam for CAT, MAT XLRI FMS XAT JMET & All other MBA Entrance Exams by Sanjeev Verma
- For Quantitative Skills section the following books are recommended - TIME Quant Book and Arun Sharma. Also the difficulty level of the NMAT by GMAC™ 2018 is lesser when compared to CAT exam but the pattern is pretty similar, thus previous year papers for CAT are also a good source to prepare.
- For LR/DI, you can try RS Aggarwal logical reasoning and data interpretation.
- DI is traditionally calculation intensive but easy.
- Quantitative Aptitude is easy to moderate level. CAT prep would suffice.