Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD) was established in 1993 in Mysore, with the aim of creating a unique institution that offers quality management education rooted in Indian ethos and character yet has a global outlook. The article provides a glimpse of everything that SDMIMD Mysore stands for.
SDMIMD is a student-centric institute. It places a lot of value on the well-being of its students and provides them with the opportunities they need to excel and grow.
- SDMIMD conducts regular workshops for students on relevant themes and topics, where experts are invited to interact with students.
- SDMIMD organises frequent interactive sessions, guest lectures, and talk series with industry experts.
- SDMIMD offers several chances to students to get international exposure, through its multiple collaborations and exchange programmes with institutes across the world.
- SDMIMD offers multiple opportunities through festivals (Naissance and Khoj) to nurture leadership skills in students.
Nestled in the lush green environs of Chamundi Hill Road, SDMIMD Mysore ticks all the boxes when it comes to infrastructure.
- Tech-enabled classrooms with LCD Projectors, OHP’s Computers, White Boards and AV Systems.
- A well-stocked Information Resource Centre, with over 12000 books, 140 print journals, access to 2100 e-journals, databases such as Capitaline, newspapers and magazines and 120 multimedia resources.
- A large auditorium with a seating capacity of 300 plays host to a number of events round the year.
- A beautiful amphitheatre, with a capacity of 500 allows students to enjoy cultural events round the year.
- Hostel comprising fully furnished single rooms and a common dining area makes students feel at home.
- Recreational facilities for students to unwind include Yoga, Aerobics, Gym, Table Tennis, Volleyball and Badminton.
Admissions Open for PGDM 2022 BatchApply Now
Management Education at its Best
SDMIMD is known to provide a rigorous academic set-up to students that brings out the best in them and trains them to meet the challenges of professional lives.
- Its flagship 2-year PGDM course is a fully residential course, recognized by AICTE and accredited by NBA, ACBSP and EFMD.
- The course is transacted through classroom teaching and guest lectures by eminent speakers.
- An established pool of faculty members mentor students. The faculty boasts of a rich academics and industry experience, several of them having international teaching experience.
- A testimony to the ethos practiced by the institute is that it boasts of students from over 20 states across India.
- Case-study based pedagogy is adopted in the classrooms using Harvard Business School’s publications and other reputed sources.
- Live Projects, Summer Internships, Domain Competency Training and Industry Certifications empower students.
SDMIMD has been successfully placing 100% students in its on-campus placement drives, consistently now.
- Big names from the industry make a beeline for SDMIMD during placements. Deloitte, Morgan Stanley, TCS, Infosys, Oracle, Wipro, Loreal, IBM, Unilever are some of the names that have recruited from the campus in the past.
- For the batch of 2020-22, the highest salary recorded was INR 13 LPA and the average salary for the batch was INR 8.9 LPA.
- Students receive placements across various domains and sectors, such as IT, Marketing, Micro Finance, FMCG, Banking etc.
The curriculum and environment SDMIMD provides its students is conducive to nurture leadership skills in students. Alongwith a rigorous curriculum, the institute offers different facilities and opportunities to students to take leadership roles and continue to grow.
- SDMIMD has an established student-driven system of committees and clubs.
- Club Data Tech
- Club Silicon
- Debate Club
- Finnacle Club
- HunaR-HR Club
- Marketing Club
- Toastmasters Club
- International conferences are organised by the institute, which are attended by experts from across the world. These help students to gain a global perspective.
- SDMIMD maintains close connection with its alumni network, through ‘PRERANA’ (the Alumni Association) and charts their progress. The events organised by this association helps students network with each other and strengthen the bond.
SDMIMD has created a niche for itself in the domain of management education in the country. For over 25 years now, SDMIMD has become synonymous with quality, rigour, success, only because it has displayed a resolute willingness to adapt and change with the changing times. Incorporating technology in the teaching process, developing international collaborations with reputed names such as Shanghai University, University of Dundee, Montpellier Business School, to name a few, are ways in which the institute continues to stay relevant and remain a leader in the field of management education.
Admissions Open for PGDM 2022 BatchApply Now