DU JAT is the short form of Delhi University Joint Admission Test which will be conducted in the month of June this year. The online registration process for this entrance exam will begin in the month of May 2019. DU JAT 2019 will serve as a gateway for a great multitude of students to get admission into Delhi University affiliated undergraduate programs such as:
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Financial Investment Analysis (BBAFIA)
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) and
- BA (Hons.) in Business Economics.
All candidates applying for any of the above specified under graduate courses of the Delhi University need to clear DU JAT 2019 exam to gain admission into them. Once they clear this exam, they will need to appear for a personal interview and group discussion to get the final admission call. The group discussion (GD) and personal interview (PI) rounds normally happen in the month of June and will continue till July.
DU JAT 2019 – Important Dates
Online application process – May 15, 2019 to June 7, 2019 (tentative)
Online issuance of admit cards – June 18, 2019 (tentative)
DU JAT 2019 examination date – June 22, 2019 (tentative)
Commencement of Classes – July 2019
Closing Date of Admission – August 2019
Below provided is an overview of DU JAT 2019
Name of the entrance exam
Delhi University Joint Admission Test (DU JAT) 2019
Level of the exam
Undergraduate (UG) level
BBA in Financial Investment Analysis, BMS and BA (Hons.) in Business Economics
Number of test cities
May 2019 to June 2019
Official website and email address
9119801916, 9119801915 and 9119801914
DU JAT 2019 – The Participating Colleges
Below is a list of Delhi colleges which are participating in the DU JAT 2019:
- Shivaji College
- Deen Dayal Upadhaya College
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya
- College of Vocational Studies
- Lakshmibai College
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
- B R Ambedkar College
- Aryabhatta College
- Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College
- Gargi College
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce
- Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
- Maharaja Agrasen College
DU JAT 2019 – Exam Pattern
It’s the University of Delhi that formulates the examination pattern for DU JAT and the same will be done for the DU JAT 2019 too. It’ll be a computer-based exam held online, of 2 hours duration, conducted in two slots across 18 different cities of India. Candidates will get 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with a total scoring potential of 400 marks. Below provided is the DU JAT 2019 exam pattern:
Quantitative ability – 25 questions
Reasoning and analytical ability – 25 questions
General English – 25 questions
Business and general awareness – 25 questions
Total number of questions – 100
As per the DU JAT 2019 exam pattern, every correct answer given by the candidates will get them 4 marks each and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer. Unattempted questions will not get any marking at all.
DU JAT 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
It’s important for all the candidates applying for the upcoming DU JAT 2019 to make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria set for the examination. Any application that doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria will be rejected and the candidate will not be allowed to sit for the exam. The broad details related to DU JAT 2019 eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The applicant should have passed the Senior Secondary School Examination from the CBSE board or any other equivalent board.
- The general category candidates should have scored at least 60% marks in their 10+2 examination. This aggregate must be calculated based on the marks scored in the four subjects which are Mathematics, English and any other two subjects approved by the Delhi University.
- A 5% relaxation is given to the candidates belonging to PwD, CW, SC and ST categories, bringing down the minimum percentage of marks scored in 10+2 for them, to 55%.
- All the four papers considered in calculating the percentage marks should be cleared by the candidate individually.
- The candidate should be in possession of the mark sheet and confirmed result of the required qualifying examination. He/she will be required to produce this document when called for the personal interview and group discussion stage later. Anyone who fails to furnish this document will not be eligible to proceed with the admission process.
- All candidates belonging to the backward categories like CW, PwD, SC, ST and OBC-non creamy layer should carry their respective category certificate.
- Any candidate who had appeared for improvement in the 10+2 score or gets a compartment will not be eligible for admission through DU JAT 2019.
- Foreign students wanting to gain admission into any of the undergraduate courses through DU JAT 2019 will need to send in their applications via Foreign Students Advisor as per the University of Delhi rules.
DU JAT 2019 – Admission Process
Step I – Access and fill up the DU JAT 2019 application form
Candidates interested in appearing for DU JAT 2019 must fill up the online application form and pay the below detailed fee:
- ₹ 500 per course for the candidates belonging to the OBC and General categories
- ₹ 250 per course for the candidates belonging to the PwD, SC or ST categories
Step II – Download the DU JAT 2019 admit card
All the candidates who register for DU JAT 2019 will need to download their admit cards for the exam, from the official website. Their admit cards will become available at least 10 days before the examination date. This document must be kept safe until you are through with the entire admission process. Please note, you will also need to carry a photo identity card along with the admit card to the examination venue.
Step III – Give the DU JAT 2019 exam
The duration of the DU JAT 2019 exam will be 2 hours and you’ll be required to answer 100 multiple-choice questions in that time frame. Each correct answer will get you 4 marks.
Step IV – Look up the DU JAT 2019 result
The announcement regarding DU JAT 2019 result will be made within one month from the date of the examination. All candidates will be able to check their results on the Internet in the merit list prepared by the officials. It’s the marks scored by all the qualifying candidates which will go into preparation of this merit list.
Post the publishing of the merit list, a counselling session will be held for the successful candidates who had applied for BFIA, BMS and/or BBS course/s.
DU JAT 2019 Cut Off Criteria
The DU JAT 2019 cut off is the minimum number of marks that candidates will need to score in order to pass this exam and potentially get a seat in one of the participating institutes. Once the DU JAT 2019 results are out and the cut-off is announced, something known as course college allotment happens. All candidates are required to provide their preference of college and course (in order) while filling up the application form. It’s this preference order which determines the Institute you get admission into. The main factors that will be taken into consideration to decide the DU JAT 2019 cut off score are:
- The total number of seats up for grabs in the University
- The total number of applicants who appear for the DU JAT 2019 exam
- The difficulty level of the DU JAT 2019 paper
- The total number of applicants who clear the DU JAT 2019 exam
DU JAT 2019 – Examination Centres
Below provided is a list of cities where DU JAT 2019 will be held. All candidates must ensure that they carry their admit cards to the venue of the exam along with a photo id. It’s highly recommended that you reach the examination centre at least one hour prior to the time of the exam. In case you’re new to the area, it is always better to do a recce of the examination centre area a day prior to the exam, in order to avoid any last moment problems.
DU JAT 2019 – Documents Required at the Time of Counselling
- DU JAT 2019 admit card
- Class X examination certificate and mark sheet or equivalent
- Class XII examination certificate and mark sheet or equivalent
- Professional degree certificate (in case there’s any)
- DU JAT 2019 scorecard
- Photo ID proof
DU JAT 2019 – Contact Details
Official website: http://www.du.ac.in/du/
Enquiry phone numbers: 9119801916, 9119801915 and 9119801914
Address: Delhi University Head Office, New Delhi, Delhi 110021
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous