About the Institute
Established in year 1973, IIM-B was the third IIM to be opened for quality management education in India. IIM-B is also an autonomous institute like all others IIMs and has been ranked consistently among top business schools of India. In the Business Today 2012 rankings, IIMB has come out in top position. For the fifth consecutive year IIMB has been nominated the best school in the region by Eduniversal, and retained its 'Five Palmes' status as a 'Universal Business School with Major Influence' in 2012. The Institute received the NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Award 2012 for pioneering work in the field of promoting Accessibility and Universal Design and ensuring life of equality and dignity for disabled people. IIMB's Career Development Services team won 'Best Placement Cell' for helping in implementing of education and development in the India Today Aspire Education Summit 2012. In 2013, IIMB has been re-accredited by EQUIS.
Facts about IIM-B
• Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
• Director: Pankaj Chandra
• Established in 1973
• AICTE Approved College
• Public Institute (Autonomous)
• Co-ed College
• Campus Area : 100 acres
• Academic Staff: 110
IIMB library is housed in an independent building of 55,000 square feet spread across four floors with a reading area that can accommodate more than 200 users. It is open from 9 am to 10 pm on all days except three national holidays. The library has a total collection of 2.35 lakh documents (books, back volumes of journals, government publications, technical reports, conference proceedings, non-book materials etc. The library has access to 72 e-resources and 884 e-books from Elsevier Science & Cambridge University press and subscribes to 2330 print and e-journals, and 27 newspapers. Apart to from this more than 35,000 full text journal titles are available in the databases subscribed to by the library. It also receives around 200 Newsletters and has 2200 Annual Reports from public and private organizations and about 1289 multimedia resources.
Hotel of IIM Bangalore is equipped with all the modern facilities and services making it a perfect place of pursuing full time residential management programme. The spacious, beautiful and well maintained hostel blocks provide single room accommodation to all students.
IIMB is the only fully Wi-Fi enabled campus amongst comparable institutes. The Computer Centre is available for use 24 hours. Printer facility is provided in the computer centre as well as in the hostel blocks. High speed Internet, highly resourceful intranet, sharing software, and internal messenger make all work easier and quicker.
With a strong focus on overall development of the student's personality, IIMB has robust sporting infrastructure. This includes facilities for tsepak, soccer, cricket, tennis, basket ball, volley ball, throw ball, badminton, indoor games etc. These facilities have had a role to play in the institute having a strong sporting culture.
Courses @ IIM-B
- Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP)
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
- Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP)
- Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management (PGPEM)
- Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy & Management (PGPPM)
About Post Graduate Program Management (PGP) @ IIM-B
|Course Duration||:||2 Years|
|Fees||:||INR 15, 50,000|
|Eligibility||:||CAT - 99 Percentile | GMAT|
|Selection Process||:||Group Discussion, Writing Ability Test, Personal Interview, Profile
How to enroll for PGP Course @ IIM-B
A two phase selection process is adopted by IIM-B for selection of students for PGP Course
Phase 1 consists of the process of first shortlist which is based solely on the minimum section-wise and aggregate percentile CAT scores.
Minimum percentile CAT cut-offs for the first shortlist in 2012:
|Category||Sec 1 (QDI)||Sec 2 (VLR)||Aggregate|
|General - Merit||80||90||90|
For the shortlisted candidates:
• For short listing of the students based in academic scores, the scores of 10th and 12th board exams are normalized by dividing individual score of students with 90th percentile score obtained in that board.
• Same normalization process is adopted for graduation or other higher degrees
• The Candidates with Chartered Accountancy, Cost Accounting, and Company Secretary certifications meet the eligibility for weightage of professional course.
• The maximum score for work experience is 5. Work experience scores remain same for candidates who have three years of work experience or more.
• While short listing the candidates for the Personal Interview (PI), the weights assigned to different components (except work experience and professional course) are as follows:
In Phase 2 of the selection process, the Students are asked to write a short note (one page) on a given topic that might be related to current political, economic and business affairs, or even sports within a time frame of 30 minutes.
In PI, candidates are judged on the basis of note content, note style, and personal interview. The work experience score of Phase 1 is multiplied by the average quality of work experience score as given by the interviewers (a 5 point scale in the range of 0-2).
The weightage assigned to different components of PI are as follows:
The maximum score for work experience and professional experience that can be awarded to an individual for selection is 10 (5 in each phase). It is a combined category.
Final aggregate score is calculated as: Pre-PI scores + PI scores
Final selection is done on the basis of final aggregate score.
Batch Profile of the Students @ IIM-B 2012-2014
• The PGP batch of 2012-2014 at IIM Bangalore has 377 students, including 100 female students (26.5% of the batch strength).
• The batch comprises of 92% students with an engineering background whereas 3% of students have a pure sciences background. 3% students have a commerce background. Rest of the students (2%) is from other streams.
• The number of students with no prior work experience is 23%. 28% students have more than three years of work experience, while 38% students have 22 to 35 months of work experience.
• More than 50% students fall in the age group of 22 to 24 years.
• Total number of students in the batch 381 • Total number of students appeared in the placement process 369 • Number of companies participated 145 • Number of offers made 409 • Total number of PPOs 97 • Total number of lateral placement 99 • Overseas posting offers 21 • Average Salary INR 17.30 lakhs pa • Median Salary INR 16.50 lakhs pa
Industry Wise Placement Report
Country Wise Placement Reports
Rankings of IIM Bangalore
• 4th Rank in the Asia Pacific region of the QS Global 200 Business Schools Report 2013
• 5th Rank in the Asia-Pacific region by QS Global 200 Business Schools Report, 2012
• 1st Rank in Central Asia by Eduniveral Rankings 2012 for the fourth consecutive year
• 2nd Rank in Top B-Schools in India by CNBC-TV18, 2012
• 1st Rank in Top 50 Business Schools in India by Business Today, 2011
• 2nd Rank in Top 50 Business Schools in India by Hindustan Times, 2011
Student Exchange Programme @ IIM-B
IIM Bangalore offers a great exposure the students providing global experiences through students exchange programmes. International B-schools such as the London Business School, GSB Chicago, Cornell, Anderson School- UCLA, HEC Paris and over 100 others in 26 different countries participate in the programme each year. As many as 100 students from IIMB spend a term in these schools every year and about an equal number from these schools spend a term at IIMB.
Watch This Video
For more details check out the information from the official website of IIM-Bangalore - http://www.iimb.ernet.in