When we utter “Networking”, surly your first thought would turn around some sort of information technology concept or few of us may make weird facial expressions by saying , how that is related to me? Better to leave it, with this remark we walk away. Hang on for a second! Before moving cursor just think for a moment and reply a simple question. When your whole body is control by your brain then why you feel pain in your hand only when somebody pinches to your hand? Have you ever think of that. This is what called networking of your body. Word ‘Networking’ is not only meant for IT world. Networking doesn't have to be as hard as we think it might be. Little change in your approach and ideas will help you to be a better networker than ever, whether you are promoting your business, looking for a job, or simply seeking information on any topic. Before understanding the management of networking, you should know that if content is the king, then conversation is queen. Social and Career networking involves the developing and maintaining of contacts and personal connections with different people in your niche area who might be advantageous to you and your career.
We all use networking concept in our daily life whether we are at home or living a student’s life or working at a professional life. Networking is very important at every level. Now a days, it has become an unavoidable term of our life. Out of IT world networking is a sort communication. We all do face to face interaction with each other but now a day’s many networking sites like Myspace, friendster , Facebook, classmate etc literally explode in popularity which boost up the area of communication . Now networking actually about finding whom you know, who knows you, and what you do. We all make conglomeration of people of our own sector to grow in our life. The ideal places for forming social groups are schools, colleges, universities or offices. Networking can be form in face to face or through internet communication. Let’s talk about networking at different stages.
- Students Networking: It’s not what you know but whom you know that makes the difference. Don’t you agree with the above said words? In student’s life communication, interaction or we can say networking with others is very important. It not only enhances their knowledge, also groom up their personality. Students need to interact with more and more friends to exchange information which helps them to explore their education information dais related to various topics and issues. Sometime their networking also inspires each other for future aim by showing one another a right career path. Networking or communication plays a very vital role in their life. It enables them to exchange the latest information about their studies, colleges, entrance exams etc. They feel much more motivated in network circle. Internet plays an important role in network communication where students can interact with other students from around the world. Students can discuss all things related to education and future employment. We can take a little example know more about networking. B-school pass out students can guide their juniors for exams, about preparations, can forward study tips or can council them to make their career more bright through networking. They can share their experiences with students which can be quit inspiring and can motivate them to work more hard. It is a closer looks at how Circles works. Within seconds, you can reconnect with past contacts from many different world, and making even more new ones. You can explore more employment opportunities through networking. When you meet people in your niche field, you have the opportunity to discuss and learn from them and in turn they can learn from you. This sharing of knowledge is one of the most important elements of networking, because learning from seniors, who are now well placed, is priceless.
- Business Networking: Business networking is a socioeconomic activity by which groups of like-minded business people recognize, create, or act upon business opportunities. A business network is a type of social network whose reason for existing is business activity. All effective business networking is the linking together through trust and relationship building, become walking, talking advertisements for one another. Informal conversation is probably the oldest mechanism by which opinions on products and brands were developed, expressed, and spread. In business world, networking is meeting to people through other people. Business experts say that more business decision come to mind over lunch and dinner with friends, than at any other time. In present time, to develop a business, to maintain its profitability and for future growth of the business, networking is utmost important. In an organization networking is very important to maintain a hierarchy. The notion of a network implies nodes and links. The nodes can be people, teams or even organizations. The links are the various coordination and "agreement" mechanisms. In a network, high degrees of informal communications, both face-to-face and over electronic networks, achieve success where formal authority and communications in hierarchical organizations often fail. Networking is not just about getting a job, or selling a product or service. Its main purpose is to give or get useful information. As such, it is one of the best tool available to us. It helps to a businessman to obtain and retain his business clients.
Following are few Steps that can help you to enhance your business through networking:
- Keep in mind that networking is about being genuine and authentic, building trust and relationships, and seeing how you can help others.
- Ask yourself what your goals are in participating in networking meetings so that you will pick groups that will help you get what you are looking for.
- Visit as many groups as possible that spark your interest.
- Ask open-ended questions in networking conversations. This means questions that ask who, what, where, when, and how as opposed to those that can be answered with a simple yes or no. This form of questioning opens up the discussion and shows listeners that you are interested in them.
- Become known as a powerful resource for others. When you are known as a strong resource, people remember to revert to you for suggestions, ideas, names of other people, etc. This keeps you visible to them.
- Have a clear understanding of what you want do and why, for whom, and what makes you’re doing it special or different from others doing the same thing.
Remember that the basic element of networking is meeting people, and the more people we know in our profession or career, the more we can improve on our growth.
- Social Networking: Networking works best when we build relationships. It allows you to categorize your friends or relatives into groups, so you can become choosy for certain information, and who is left out of the loop. For instance, you can share your most intimate experiences with your closest friends or family, but exclude your co-workers or acquaintances from the mix. Social networking is use to share common interest like hobbies, religion, politics and even business. Again social network sites on internet plays an important role in common man’s life to build up a social network. Right from making friends to discussing about wide variety of topics, social networking sites are apt for every occasion. Social media is not a media .The key is to listen, engage and build relationship. You can even create your own circle of friends and ignore members who do not share anything in common with you. Social networking is required for over all development.
Social networking is not just to open an eye on social networking activity or just to open an account on any website. It is very important how we can maintain and improve our social network.
Following are the main steps that would help you to take your networking on top:
- Business cards: Business cards are an important element for networking, because it is how people will get in contact with you. I suggest making your business cards a true representation of your artistic ability and originality.
- Keep in regular contact: Just holding business card is not enough to constitute networking. Once contact is made, it is important to continue and keep the contact with the colleagues you meet through networking. Networking is only effective if it is long-lasting and endures beyond the initial contact by continuing to email, Twitter, call, or even ask for a lunch meeting with people you meet through networking.
- Be helpful: Another way to improve your networking skills, remember to be helpful to others you have met through networking. We should follow the philosophy, “You scratch my back, and I scratch yours,” meaning that when someone is helpful to me, I should always revert with the same sentiment.
- Take the incentive/Never feel inferior: Remember that when it comes to networking, you need to take the incentive and not wait until people come to you. Never feel inferior to others, even if they have more experience than you, have higher ranking blog, or are even a celebrity of such in your niche field, because they are still human and approachable.
These days people are preoccupied with their busy work life that they do not have any time to spare for themselves. However, they have resorted to platforms like social networking for staying in touch with their dear ones, with professional links, with their friends. Networking is important to everybody but don’t forget it’s a matter of professional survival. Websites are generally used for this purpose. Trust me; the right usage of networking will surly spark your overall development.
“Networking is not about hunting. It is about farming. It’s about cultivating relationships. Don’t engage in ‘premature solicitation ’. You’ll be a better networker if you remember that.
For such topics of your concern, please keep on visiting www.mbarendezvous.com, Portal with Management by objective approach.