A degree in Master of Business Administration in International Business typically covers Finance, Marketing and Human Resource topics, at an international level. The Degree prepares the students for Management, Trade or a general Business career, that is capable of being conducted on a global scale. The Degree offers Internship opportunities with established companies, that allow the students to gain a hands-on experience in the field of International Business.
“The International Business focuses on the understanding of the behavior and planning of International Operations”.
MBA in International Business can lead the students to job profiles like a Management Analyst, Administrative Service Manager or a Chief Executive Officer. These MBA Graduates are specialists in Business dealings with overseas companies. The lower end of the salary ranges of these jobs, other than the CEOs of course, is slighter below the National Medium Income, whereas the higher end of the range is in the low 6 figures.
MBA in International Business is a 2-years duration Program, that is offered as Full-time, Part-time or Distance Education modes. The Program incorporates knowledge of the following attributes in the students:
- Export and Import Management
- Foreign Exchange Management
- International Marketing
- International Logistics
- International Finance
The candidates of any age group, meeting the following eligibility criteria, can opt for an MBA in IB:
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree of a minimum of three-years duration, in any discipline, securing a minimum of 50% marks aggregate, in the qualifying exam. The candidates appearing for a qualifying examination are also eligible to apply, if at all they submit the proof of their required qualification, before the beginning of the session.
- The candidate must pass a National-level Entrance Exam like CAT/MAT/XAT or ATMA, along with clearing the rounds of GD/PI.
Institutes Offering MBA in International Business
The candidates can also opt for MBA in IB through Distance Learning Education Programs. There are certain universities that also conduct their own Entrance Exams, for example, IGNOU conducts the OPENMAT Entrance Exam.
Other Institutes offering MBA in International Business include:
- Amity International Business School, Noida
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi
- University of Delhi, Delhi
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- ITM Business School, Mumbai, etc.
MBA in International Business offers infinite scope for making a career in the International and Transnational corporations. A degree holder in IB has access to the International Placement Offices, Global Shipping Companies, Import and Export Departments, Global Tourism Sector, and so on. The Degree holders can get job opportunities, both nationally and internationally in Industries like Banking, Hospitality, Travel, Finance, etc.
Some of the Job Profiles, offered after MBA in IB are:
- International Business Development Manager
- International Finance Manager
- International Marketing Manager
- Global Business Manager
- International Business Consultant
- Export Managers and Executives
- Export Coordinator
- Marketing Manager
- Material Manager
- Investment Banker
- Management Consultant
- Brand Manager
- Account Manager
- Project Manager
- Supplier Manager
In the curriculum of MBA in International Business, the students are mentored about the procedure and documentation that is involved in the Import and Export, methods of approaching the customers in foreign countries, the Currency Conversation and Fluctuation, the ability to raise capital from the International and the Distribution market.
In the first year, the students are imparted with the basic knowledge of Management with International Business. In the second year, the students are given an option to choose amongst specializations in the area of Finance, Supply Chain Management, and Marketing, with a special emphasis on International Business.
Since, every existing Business in the world, wants to expand itself in the International Market, the 21st century can be defined as the age of competition, wherein every individual tries to accomplish a fruitful money-making technique. In such a scenario, the scope of a degree in MBA in International Business is tremendous.
Many Industries and Organizations hire the Graduates of International Business, so as to represent their Business, a substantially sound and a significant amount of practical knowledge. Also, since the platform for the graduates to work on shall be International, the world shall be their oyster, in terms of a distinctive experience and exposure.