“Siddhi Moolam Prabandhanam” as its mission, IIM-Indore was established in 1996 in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
The geographical proximity to the fastest growing industrial belt in India and the presence of Special Economic Zones around Indore provide the right environment for both giving hands-on experience to the students and in enabling the industry to make use of the wealth of management expertise available in the institute.
IIM- Indore has a solid infrastructure ranging from a very beautiful campus and 9 hostels that are fully equipped with super-luxury accommodation facilities. Each and every room is loaded with internet connectivity, having LCD TVs and fully air conditioned. Round the clock canteen facilities are available in between the hostels. In addition, hostels have also provided indoor games. It is a place for get-togethers, parties and informal discussions. Situated on top scenic hillock, 193-acre beautiful structure of IIM-I campus provides an ideal backdrop for the brightest minds in the country.
The IIM-I Library holds knowledge resources predominantly related to management and allied subjects. The entire Library collection including the CD-ROM databases and the online databases are made available through Institute’s network. Users can access the online databases, video library and also find out the real-time availability of library materials from their own computer terminals. The Library offers a range of information services set to the highest professional standards.
The Library resource includes over 15000 books in the area of management and related subjects, 425 journals (350 Foreign and 75 Indian) specific to the academic and research needs of the academic community and over 1000 selective e-journals available in full-text.
With an aim to emerge as one of the top 5 management institutes in the country in near future and to develop a contextually relevant business school with world- class academic standards, IIM-I has started to propagate and assimilate contemporary innovative management practices and system to contribute to social capitalism in India.
IIM-I offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), Fellow Programme in Management (FPM), Management Development Programme (MDP), Executive Post-Graduate Programme (EPGP) and Post-Graduate Certificate Program in Management. There are options to area of specialization in various fields such as Finance, Operations, Marketing, Systems etc. The students are given flexibility to choose the specialization of their choice.
The Programs offered by the institute are as follows:
• The Post Graduate Programme (PGP) is the flagship programme of the institute, is a 2 year full time residential programme for graduate students.
• One Year Full Time Executive Post-Graduate Programme (EPGP) is the second flagship programme at IIM Indore. Programme is designed for executives and entrepreneurs with a minimum of 5 yrs of industry experience. Programme is structured in a unique modular design which combined with innovative assignments, role-plays, team projects and an international 6 week module.
The curriculum of EPGP is unique on two counts - (i) International Immersion on a Cohort Basis where all the students visit a renowned US B-School for a term to obtain Occidental Management Philosophy from the Western Academicians & (ii) A discourse on the Perspectives in Oriental Philosophy - taught by Monks from Ramkrishna Mission and other Socio-Religious Bodies. Therefore the Programme aims at providing the students a Holistic Perspective in Management.
• Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is a Doctoral Programme, designed to provide the depth of knowledge to doctoral participants in management with a primary objective s to create competencies in theoretical and practical academia and research of management. The programme participants generally opt for careers in teaching, training, research, and consulting. It is a full time four year residential course.
• FPM (industry): Institute has also commenced from 2011 its new programme FPM (industry) for working executives to integrate theory and practice. It’s a unique three year programme, as it is flexible in accommodating their work engagement without sacrificing the rigour of the course.
• Post-Graduate Certificate Program in Management is a 1-year part time program equips young managers with the concepts, principles and applications of modern-day management practices. It provides essential knowledge and skills in all functional areas and applications through case-studies. The program is designed for executives seeking foundational inputs prior to career growth. Candidates with 3 years’ work experience preferred for the program.
• Management Development Programme (MDP) is targeted at developing the managerial skills of the people from various sector of the industry. The duration of each course ranges from a week to a fortnight. MDPs are organized throughout the year.
• Foreign Student Exchange Program: The Student Exchange Programme ensures that the students are exposed to the latest trends in management across the best business schools in the world.
Another unique feature of the PGP at IIM Indore is a compulsory course called Society, Business and Management which exposes the participants to the ethical dilemmas and social responsibilities of business through classroom sessions and develops their social sensitivity through a one-week attachment with an NGO or the CSR wing of a business organization.
IIM-I boasts of an eminent faculty team from the academic and professional fields.
Dr. N. Ravichandran is the present director and institute consists of 45 fulltime and 49 visiting staff. Having almost entirely of PhDs, the IIM-I faculty is a unique blend of the young and the experienced.
The Institute also organizes series of seminars and lectures where eminent speakers share their experiences with the IIM-I Community.
IIM-I uses a combination of various teaching methods such as cases, projects, independent studies, computer aided instructions, group discussions, lectures, seminars, presentations by participants, and lectures by guest speakers from industry and government. The case method is the predominant pedagogical tool. All above exercises helps to sharpen the analytical skills of participants and also to wider their thinking to analyze problems from multi-functional perspectives. Instructors mainly guide the group, push participants to develop and defend arguments, and take decisions.
To know more about IIM-Indore visit : http://www.iimidr.ac.in/iimi/
Know more on IIMs and top B schools in India stay informed and stay inspired at MBA Rendezvous