Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS University) is a private university in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, was established in 1981 by the parent body Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal. The institute was granted "Deemed University" status by the UGC in 2003 and has four campuses at Mumbai, Shirpur, Bengaluru and Hyderabad.
At present, nearly three decades after its inception, NMIMS continues its tradition of training young minds and finding solutions to address tomorrow’s challenges by providing education in different fields like Business, Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture, Science, Commerce, Economics. For this purpose NMIMS has opened eight specialized professional schools where more than 9000 students spanning over 50 programs.
NMIMS SBM has won a plethora of Awards and Recognitions:
• Full-time MBA Programs of SBM rated A*** by CRISIL - the highest rating on an 8-point scale
• Ranked 7th Best B-School (Overall) in India in the Businessworld Survey 2010
• Ranked among India's Top 'IVY League' Schools: the basis of recruiter perception conducted by The Economic Times and IMRB, NMIMS - 6th Best B-School in India (2011)
• Competition Success Review ranked NMIMS 4th Best B-School, consecutively for last 3 years
• Awarded NAAC Five-Star Rating
• Won the Bombay Management Association Best Management Institute of the year award 5 times
• Won Bombay Management Association Outstanding Teacher of Management of the Year Award 10 times
• Awarded the Golden Peacock Innovation Award - 2007
• Awarded Asia's Best B-School Award for business School with Best Industry Interface for NMIMS' MBA (Tech.) Program
• The School Of Business Management has been inducted into the prestigious Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) as a member and is currently listed in the Global list of Business Schools.
• NMIMS is the only institute to be recognised in the McKinsey & Company Report for taking initiatives to help grow the Entrepreneurs and Family Business (2011)
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies is amongst the nation’s prime educational and research institutions and now NMIMS has transformed itself from Mumbai’s pride to become India’s most sought after academic community.
To know about NMIMS Mumbai, Bengaluru, Shripur and Hyderabad Campuses visit : http://www.nmims.edu/about/
With a focus of developing library catering to management education, NMIMS has established a big library in 1982, officially named as “R.M. Desai Library”, after illustrious trustee’s named Shri Rasiklal Maniben Desai. With the growth of institute to university, the library also grew and today, NMIMS has seven libraries in single system. The core of the collections is found in the School of Business Management Library at Mumbai Campus and is acknowledged as the flagship library. The library is well-furnished and air conditioned and has an extensive collection of 58,000 volumes of books covering all aspects of business & management and other subjects which are offered by the University in its other schools subjects.
Besides books and journals, library houses audio-video material, newspapers, reports, case studies, news clippings, management games, and psychology and management test. Library users can access more than 5000 full-text journals covering titles published by Elsevier (Science Direct), Springer, John Wiley, etc. and from aggregators like Ebsco and Proquest. Links to corporate databases like CMIE, Capital Markets, and ISI Emerging Markets are available. The library arranges regular awareness programs on use of electronic resources. The entire library collection can be searched through the Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC). The library organizes one seminar every year where librarians from all over the country come together to discuss a particular topic.
Library has an institutional membership with British Council Library and American Information Resource Center wherein users can use the resources from both these libraries. NMIMS library is a member of INDEST AICTE consortia and also has tie ups with Harvard Business School for cases for other Harvard products.
The School of Business Management (SBM) of the NMIMS Deemed-to-be University has long been a leader in management education. Institute has well designed structure built up in 40,000 square feet area with 30 classrooms, seminar and conference halls that are fully air - conditioned. All classrooms and seminar halls are equipped with state-of-the-art audio-video aids and catering facilities. The Computer center is equipped with branded personal computers adequately supported by 3mbps shared leased line for Internet connectivity. It is also equipped with a wide range of licensed system software and applications software. The entire campus is connected with Wi-Fi network.
The programs currently being offered by the School of Business Management are listed below.
FULL TIME PROGRAMS :- MBA
• MBA with specialization in Pharmaceuticals Management, Capital Markets, Actuarial Science, Banking, HR, Entrepreneurship & Family Business
• PGDM – Bengaluru
Admissions to all these programs are through NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) followed by Group Discussions/ Personal Interview.
This year NMAT will be conducted in a time frame of 3 months starting from 31st October 2011, allowing choice of two retakes to the students should any of them wish. In such cases, the best of three scores being considered by NMIMS for admissions to MBA Core, MBA-Actuarial Science, MBA-Banking, MBA-Capital Market, MBA-HR, MBA-Pharmaceutical Management at Mumbai campus and PGDM at Bengaluru & Hyderabad Campuses.
Foreign students AND Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) will be admitted on the basis of GMAT score.
• Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (EPGDBM) – Bengaluru•Doctoral Program in Management:
The School of Business Management offers Ph.D. in the following areas: Marketing, Human Resources and Behavioral Science, Operations, Finance, Strategy, Information Systems and Social Entrepreneurship. Duration of the program is five years
PART TIME PROGRAMS :
• MBA (Part Time)
• MBA (Social Entrepreneurship)
SPECIALIZED PROGRAMS :
• Management Program For Executives
• Management Program For Executives (MPE) – Bengaluru
• Weekend Family Managed Business Administration Program (FMBA)
• Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship
• Enterprise Training Program for Women (ETW)
• MPE-PGDBM-Hyderabad (Proposed Campus)
DIPLOMA CERTIFICATE :
• Post Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (for Defense Officers)
To get individual program link for latest information about above mention programs’ admission news visit http://nmims.edu
Distinguished Professor of Marketing Dr. Rajan Saxena holds the position of Vice Chancellor at Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS University).
Faculty members at School of Business Management are esteemed in their respective fields for their knowledge, industry interaction; research and consulting are constantly engaged in knowledge creation and seek to expand horizons by participating in seminars and conferences both national and international. They are actively engaged in training and consultancy projects for companies in different functional areas on an ongoing basis.
The School of Business Management has always been proactive in improving partnership with the industry through research and projects and has regularly undertaken conceptual and applied research. Institute offers Management Development Programs to organizations across various sectors. These programs are of the duration of 1-5 days on management topics relevant to the industry and are conducted by highly experienced faculty members as well as practitioners from industry.
To know more about School of Business Management and its achievements visit : http://www.nmims.edu/press-room/news-nmims-identity/
Know more on top B schools in India, stay informed and stay inspired at MBA Rendezvous