TANCET 2018 Important Details
Website : http://www.annauniv.edu
Type of Examination : State Level
Contact Phone No : 044 2235 8314
Mode of Examination : Pen and Paper, MCQs
Contact Address: The Secretary, TANCA (Tamil Nadu Common Admissions), Anna University, Chennai - 600025.
TANCET 2018 Important Dates
|Commencement of Registration of Application through online only||02.04.2018|
|Last date for Registration of Application||23.04.2018|
|M.C.A||19.05.2018 (FN)||10.00 a.m to 12.00 noon|
|M.B.A||19.05.2018 (AN)||02.30 p.m to 04.30 p.m|
Introduction to TANCET 2018
Students seeking admission into the reputed Tamil Nadu based MBA institutes need to appear for the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test or TANCET. It’s a state-level entrance exam, conducted by Anna University, Chennai, on behalf of the Tamil Nadu Government.
If you successfully crack this examination, you get a chance to enroll into any of the post-graduate MBA programs offered by:
- Several State-level Universities and Government Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- University Departments of Anna University
- Anna University’s Regional Campuses and
- Many Stand-alone Institutions Affiliated to the Anna University
Anna University is a technical university based out of Tamil Nadu, India, whose main university campus is situated at Guindy, Chennai.
TANCET 2018 for admission into 2018-19 batch of MBA was conducted successfully across 15 different offline test centers, on May 19, 2018 this year.
Eligibility Criteria For Tancet 2018 Exam
Students willing to appear for TANCET 2018 MBA must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria:
They should have earned a Bachelor’s degree (of minimum three years) from a recognised institute/university with at least 50% marks (45% for candidates belonging to any of the reserved categories).
Their education pattern towards accomplishment of that degree should look like either of the following:
- 10 + 2 + 3 years’ pattern or
- 10 + 3 years Diploma, plus an additional 3 years or
- B. Pharm / B. Arch / B. Tech / B. E. degrees or
- 10 + 2 + AMIE or
- 10 + 3 years Diploma (awarded by State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
- There’s no particular age limit for application to TANCET MBA 2018.
- Candidates belonging to other states (outside of Tamil Nadu) are also eligible to apply; however, the eligibility criteria in this regard may be eventually decided by the university.
- Anyone who has obtained Bachelor’s degree without clearing Class X, Class XII and/or a 3 years’ degree program may not be considered eligible.
- Any candidates who’ve received their B. Tech or B.E. degree through some distance program may not be eligible too.
- Candidates awaiting results in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply.
TANCET 2018 Syllabus / Exam Pattern / Exam Structure
The examination pattern, structure and Syllabus for TANCET 2018 is the same as that was for year 2017. The exam would be conducted off-line, in the form of a pen-and-paper test. There’d be 100 questions in total, having a scoring potential of 100 marks.
The following table should give you a fair idea about the examination pattern:
The candidates are normally required to choose 1 out of the 4 provided choices for every question, and shade its corresponding small open box on the answer sheet, using a black ballpoint pen (and nothing else).
These 100 questions are divided amongst the following five categories/sections (in random order):
This section assesses your skills related to passage-based questions. It generally has 20 questions surrounding 2 passages.
Analysis of business situations or ABS
This section assesses if you are able to correctly analyze business data and understand its application in various business decisions. This is done with the help of case studies that describe some of the typical, day-to-day business situations. There are normally 20 questions in this section.
Your data interpretation and analytical reasoning skills are ascertained and evaluated using these data sufficiency questions. You can tentatively expect 20 questions from this section.
In this section your mathematical problem-solving skills are put to test, with the maximum questions being of graduation level. In general, around 20 questions asked.
This section tests your basic English skills with the help of questions about English punctuation, vocabulary, grammar etc. You’re likely to get 20 questions based on the section.
TANCET 2018 EXAM Test Centres
TANCET is usually conducted across 15 different centers situated in the following cities:
The test centre allocated to you would be mentioned on your TANCET MBA 2018 Hall Ticket which would be available for download at a later date from the Anna University’s official website.
About TANCET MBA 2018 Application Form and Application Process
The TANCET MBA application form is normally available from the Anna University’s official website sometime in the second half of the January each year. For instance, the application form for TANCET MBA 2017 was available from January 29, 2017 till February 28, 2017.
All eligible candidates can fill up this application form online within the provided time period. Please note, you should be very careful while filling up this form as you’d not be allowed to make any corrections after its submission.
The application form must be filled online only, using the below provided steps:
Step 1 - Registration with the website
- Visit the Anna University’s official website available at www.annauniv.edu/tancet2018/
- Click on ‘Online Registration’
- Register as a ‘New User’ and create a new account for yourself by providing your name, unique email id and other requested details.
- Set a unique password.
Step 2 - Filling up the application form
- Log into the Anna University’s website using the above-created User Id and Password
- Fill in all your academic details, followed by an upload of your photograph (in .jpeg format; no more than 25 kb file size)
- Review all the provided details before you click the ‘Submit’ button
Step 3 - Making payment
- Make the online payment for the examination using any of the available payment options.
- After successfully making the payment, you will receive a completed TANCET 2018 application form in the PDF format. Please also make a note of the unique TANCET Application Number.
- Download this application form as you’ll need it for future reference (please keep in mind that you don’t need to courier a copy of this application form to the Anna University).
Documents that need to be uploaded with the TANCET Application Form:
- Copy of Class X or equivalent mark-sheet
- Copy of Class XII mark-sheet or a copy of 3 years’ Diploma Certificate
- Copy of the Demand Draft if application/entrance fee payment is being made via that mode
- A self-attested copy of the Permanent Community Certificate if you belong to any of the SC, ST or SCA categories of Tamil Nadu
TANCET MBA Exam 2018 Application Fee
Please keep in mind that there is only one single application form for all the three TANCET tests – MBA, MCA or M.Plan/M.Arch/M.Tech/M.E.
The application or examination fee for each one of these tests is Rs. 500 for general/OBC candidates and Rs. 250 for SC/ST/SCA candidates (belonging to Tamil Nadu).
Anyone wanting to appear for an additional program apart from MBA is required to pay Rs. 500 more for the test (Rs. 250 for the Tamil Nadu based SC/ST/SCA candidates).
List of TANCET Exam Coordinating Centres
- Coimbatore Government College of Technology
- Chennai Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai
- Karaikudi Alagappa College of Engineering & Technology
- Chidambaram Annamalai University
- Erode Institute of Road and Transport Technology
- Madurai Anna University Regional Centre – Madurai
- Dindigul University College of Engineering, Dindigul
- Salem Government College of Engineering
- Villupuram University College of Engineering, Villupuram
- Thanjavur Kunthavai Naacchiyaar Govt. Arts College for Women
- Tiruchirappalli Anna University Regional Centre – Tiruchirappalli
- Vellore Thanthai Periyar Government Institute of Technology
- Nagercoil University College of Engineering, Nagercoil
- Virudhunagar Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology
- Tirunelveli Government College of Engineering
TANCET 2018 MBA Exam Hall Ticket / Admit Card
The TANCET MBA Hall ticket or Admit Card is normally available for download at the Anna University website starting mid-March. You can also obtain it in person from any of the coordinating centres of the conducting body (see the list provided above) or Anna University’s enquiry office.
Please keep in mind that the Admit Card is never sent via post. Furthermore, it’s mandatory for you to always carry your valid identity card along with your Admit Card on the day of the examination. You should also keep it safe after the examination is over, for the admission purposes.
The TANCET 2018 Admit Card or Hall ticket consists of the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Registration number
- TANCET examination date, time and venue
- Special instructions for the day of the examination
Any candidate who misplaces his/her Admit Card after the examination can obtain a duplicate by sending a request letter to Anna University, with a Rs. 100 demand draft. The DD can be made from any nationalised bank, payable at Chennai and drawn in favour of
The Secretary ,
Anna University, Chennai
The letter should contain your application number, name of the examination centre and sent to: Secretary, Tancet, Centre for Entrance Examinations, Anna University, Chennai – 600025.
Things to remember when you reach the test venue
- You’re not allowed to carry any mobile phone or calculator into the examination hall.
- Although you’re provided additional papers or sheets for rough work, calculations etc., you cannot carry or use any electronic devices in the examination hall.
- TANCET MBA test doesn’t have any scheduled breaks in between. However, you’re free to take any unscheduled breaks if you want to. Re-entry is allowed only after showing a valid ID card.
TANCET 2018 Exam Results
Normally, the TANCET MBA results are released in the month of April each year, on the official website of Anna University, at www.annauniv.edu/tancet2018. The merit lists are prepared separately for the different categories.
All the candidates are issued their respective TANCET 2018 MBA mark sheets after the declaration of the result. Both the result and the mark sheet can be accessed online and are never sent individually to the candidates via email or post.
You’d be able to check your TANCET MBA 2018 result by logging into the Anna University website using your student login credentials. Your result will be in the form of your actual score.
Steps for checking the TANCET 2018 MBA result
All the candidates appearing for TANCET MBA 2018 would be able to check their result and download their mark sheets using the steps below:
- Visit the official webpage for TANCET 2018 MBA
- Login to the website using your email ID and password
- Look out for and click on the link marked ‘TANCET MBA 2018 scorecard’
- Take a printout of your TANCET MBA 2018 scorecard
About issuance of duplicate mark sheet
Anyone wanting a duplicate copy of his/her TANCET 2018 MBA mark sheet, can obtain the same by sending a written application to Anna University with a Rs. 100 demand draft. This demand draft should be payable at Chennai and can be made from any of the nationalised banks. It should be drawn in favour of:
The Secretary ,
Anna University, Chennai
The candidate shouldn’t forget to mention his/her application number, registration number and the name of the examination centre on the letter.
The written application should be sent to:
The Secretary ,
TANCET, Centre for Entrance Examinations,
Anna University, Chennai – 600025
Top MBA Colleges in Tamilnadu Under TANCET 2018
You can gain admission into various Anna University affiliated colleges based on the rank you obtain in TANCET 2018 MBA. In fact, more than 100 reputed colleges and universities accept TANCET scores for their MBA programs. Some of these institutes/colleges/universities are:
- Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
- PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore
- Kumarguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Coimbatore Institute of Management and Technology, Coimbatore
- Nehru College of Management (NCM), Coimbatore
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International School of Textile Management, Coimbatore
- Avinashilingam Institute of Home Science and Higher Education for Women University, Coimbatore
- Sri Krishna Institute of Management Centre for Excellence in Management Education, Coimbatore
- GRG School of Management Studies, Coimbatore
- KV Institute of Management and Information Studies, Coimbatore
- Anna University, Chennai
- Sri Sai Ram Institute of Management Studies, Chennai
- Galaxy Institute of Management, Chennai
- Velammal Engineering College, Chennai
- Sri Sairam Engg. College, Chennai
- Vel Tech High Tech Dr. Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engineering College, Chennai
- MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai
- Easwari Engineering College (EEC), Chennai
- Sona School of Management, Salem
- Vinayaka Mission’s Kirupananda Variyar Engineering College, Salem
- PSNA College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul
- RVS Colege of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul
- Thiagarajar School of Management, Thirupparankundram
- Kongu Engineering College, Erode
- St. Joseph College of Engineering, Kancheepuram
- Erode Builder Educational Trust’s Group of Institutions, Kangayam
- MEPCO Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi
- Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam
- KCT Business School (KCTBS)
- JJ College of Engineering and Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- Francis Xavier Engineering College (FXEC)
- Guruvayurappan Institute of Management, Navakkarai
- SSN School of Management and Computer Application, Kalavakkam
- KS Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode
About Tancet CUT OFF Marks For Various Colleges
All the colleges that accept TANCET 2018 scores prepare their own respective cut-off lists for qualifying students. This cut-off is nothing but the minimum TANCET score declared as acceptable by a particular institute for admission into its MBA program.
Please note, the TANCET MBA conducting body has no role in preparation of these cut-off lists. It’s entirely up to the institutes to decide what they deem fit for their respective programs.
This cut-off is usually decided based on several different factors including the difficulty level of the TANCET 2018 exam, average marks scored, total number of seats available and the number of candidates who appeared for the test. You can expect the cut-off to be somewhere in the vicinity of 34 for the general category candidates.
Once these cut-off lists are out, the eligible candidates go through the TANCET MBA counselling and thereafter seek allotments.
TANCET Counselling 2018
The TANCET MBA counselling process starts around late May or early June. For TANCET MBA 2017, counselling notifications went out on May 28th, 2017. The candidates could apply and register for counselling from June 1, 2017 to June 30, 2017. You can apply for counselling either using the online form or the offline form.
The counselling sessions start sometime in July-August.
Once the counselling sessions are over, the shortlisted candidates are allocated seats in the participating institutes based on their overall performance and rank.
All candidates appearing for counselling must carry the following documents with them:
- A copy of Class X, Class XII (or 3 Years’ Diploma Certificate) mark-sheets
- A copy of mark sheets of all semesters (both sides Xeroxed)
- A degree or provisional certificate
- Permanent community card (if belonging to any special category)
- TANCET 2018 mark-sheet
- TANCET 2018 Hall Ticket
- Transfer certificate
- A certificate from the District Medical Board (in case of differently-abled candidates)
- Nativity certificate (if needed)
- Self-addressed stamped envelope for call letter
- Self-addressed stamped acknowledgment card
Please note, you must not forget to take a printout of your call letter after the rank list is published. You’ll need to carry that call letter to these counselling sessions.
Furthermore, candidates unable to attend counselling owing to unavoidable reasons may authorise their parents to attend on their behalf. In case neither the candidate, nor his/her parents are able to attend, they can attend on a subsequent time/date during the counselling period. However, the candidate will need to make-do with the seats available at that point of time and may not be able to claim any seat based on his/her original rank.
Lastly, ensure that you reach the counselling venue at least one hour ahead of time.
Please note, the above provided dates and information may be changed from time to time, sometimes without any prior notice, by the examination’s conducting body. Therefore, it’s always best to cross-check with Anna University before drawing any conclusions or making any decision/s.