Established in 1993 KIIT School of Management (KSOM), is one of the oldest private B-school in India and has been ranked as one of the best B-schools of Eastern India year after year. It aims to impart quality management education along with creating leadership qualities. They achieve so through the industry-relevant curriculum, stellar faculty, corporate interface and instill a deep sense of social responsibility.
USP's of KIIT School of Management (KSOM)
A Peek into the World of KSOM
Exposure to Industry
The two-year full-time residential MBA program emphasizes on providing maximum student exposure to the industry by presenting them the opportunities to apply classroom learnings in real life situations. The various industry domains are IT, FMCG, Manufacturing, Consulting, Banking, Finance etc. The purpose is to instill a global perspective on business-related issues and equips them to overcome these challenges victoriously.
Teaching of Case Studies in Contextual Format
In the rapidly changing business environment, it is imperative to have a comprehensive understanding of the functioning of business operations.
Hence, the Institute provides a platform to enhance the skill-sets of the students by constantly updating the curriculum, practical learning through role plays, seminar interaction with business leaders, live consultancy projects, summer internship, workshops etc. Extensive classroom and practical learning enrich the educational journey of the students.
Through this consistent engagement during classroom activities, students apply their classroom learnings in a practical scenario. The Institute aims to provide cutting-edge management education and has eminent industry advisory board consisting of MDs, CEOs, senior managers of businesses to give their valuable inputs on matters of curriculum, pedagogy and relevant research work.
From Academics to Overall Wellbeing of the Student
The faculty is a mix of industry and academia. 90% of the faculty is industry experienced and more than 50% of the faculty is from top B-School like IIMs. The faculty plays a huge role in the lives of the students by guiding them as mentors. Each student is mentored by a faculty member on academic, administrative and campus matters throughout their MBA educational journey. There are multiple benefits to the student under the mentorship, they gain more knowledge, build networking contacts and enhancement of professional skill-sets etc.
To develop a sense of social responsibility various activities are conducted by the students to help the underprivileged and provide problem-solving solutions. Management skills of the students are augmented by organizing such events for societal welfare.
- Students under the society called “Blood 24×7” have organized Blood Donation camps and spread awareness of the same. They have propagated awareness regarding donating blood through T-shirts, staged street shows and connected with the local residents influencing them to donate blood.
- The students of KSOM also have collected used clothes, blankets, stationeries and exchanged them at Big Bazaar for stationeries distributed to help the slum kids.
- National Service Scheme (NSS), started to address the problems of the people belonging to lower strata of the society and provide solutions as well. Through these initiatives, they become aware of their social responsibilities and take charge of such events in future.
Alumni in Focus
The Institute has delivered eminent alumni securing high positions in the business and are also effective Entrepreneurs. An evidence of quality education given by the institute.
Their contribution to the institute in terms of student mentoring providing internships in their organizations, participation in the events has been noteworthy.
Alumni events are conducted to provide the gap between the current students and the alma mater. The event proves to be nostalgic as it brings back the memories of campus days and acts as a common ground to share their experiences and impart wisdom.
KSOM maintains an illustrious placement record. Last year, 94 companies visited the campus for recruitment. It has been breaking all the previous records in terms of numbers and pay packages.
Highest Salary - 14.8 lacs
Average Salary: 5.11 lacs.
Top Paying Companies: SOBHA LLC, KHIMJI RAMDAS LLC, TRAFIGURA, HDFC LIFE, DELL, SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC, AFCONS INFRASTRUCTURE LIMITED.
First-time visitors: THE HACKETT GROUP, ITC HOTELS, EMA PARTNERS, H&R JOHNSON, VERITY KNOWLEDGE SOLUTIONS, MORDOR INTELLIGENCE LLP, THERMAX LIMITED, ISUZU.
- 22nd in India as per NIRF, MHRD, Govt of India, 2017
- 6th in Eastern India, 39th all India – Times B School Ranking 2017
- 10th among top 50 private colleges offering BBA at National Level by Times B School Survey – 2017
- KIIT has the distinction of being the youngest institute ever in the country to be declared a University (U/S 3 of UGC Act, 1956) by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- KIIT has been awarded NAAC Accreditation in “A” grade.
- The MBA program of KIIT School of Management (KSOM) is approved by (AICTE) and is accredited by NBA.
- KSOM has been recently awarded Life Membership by Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA)
A Wholesome Experience
With the academic rigor, top-notch faculty, excellent placement record, interactive pedagogical techniques and under the faculty guidance, the Institute provides an enthusiastic environment to mould the students into corporate leaders making them the most sought-after professionals.
For students who are aspiring to join KSOM, Apply Here http://ksom.ac.in/admission-open/
Stay informed, Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous