Beginning April 08, 2021, candidates can validate their identity using the Aadhaar Card during the GMATTM online exam registration process
The Graduate Management Admission CouncilTM (GMACTM), the administrator and owner of the Graduate Management Admission TestTM (GMATTM) announced that the Aadhaar Card will be accepted as a valid ID proof for GMATTM online exam appointments starting April 08, 2021. Previously, test takers were required to use a valid passport to verify their identity, now candidates will have the choice to validate their identity using their Aadhaar Card OR passport during their GMAT™ online exam registration process. This development will provide more flexibility to candidates and is in line with the company’s initiative to make our assessments more accessible in these testing times.
Mr. Gaurav Srivastava, Regional Director - South Asia, GMACTM said,” In order to provide more candidates easier access to the GMATTM exam, we have decided to allow the Aadhaar, as a form of ID that can be used for the online version of the exam. We hope that with this new feature several thousands of Indian candidates living in remote areas find it easier to simply use their Aadhaar ID and appear from virtually anywhere for the online exam.”
The candidate would have to follow the below-mentioned steps to validate their Aadhaar Card:
- Select Aadhaar Card option: The candidate will receive a prompt to use their Aadhaar Card for registration. The candidate should select ‘Yes’ if they want to use their Aadhaar Card to verify their identity
- Redirect to UIDAI: The candidate will be redirected to the Government of India (UIDAI) website to verify the Aadhaar Card
- Download your XML file: Once redirected to UIDAI, the candidate will want to create a share code and download the XML profile to the local computer
- Upload the XML file: Upload the XML file and the share code to the registration platform.
- Notification of XML verification: If there are no issues, the candidate will receive a message that the XML has been successfully verified
- Upload selfie image. The candidate’s photograph will be used to confirm a match to the XML photograph
Once verification is completed, the candidate will be redirected to complete their registration process.
Candidates can log on to mba.com for more details on the Aadhar card.
Important note: The Aadhaar ID is presently only applicable for the Online GMATTM exam and NOT for the Test Center GMATTM exam. For the Test Center GMATTM exam, a Passport is the sole form of acceptable identification. Online exam appointments prior to April 8 will still require a passport for ID.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous