In its endeavor to assist candidates and schools to adapt to the changing environment caused by the worldwide pandemic, the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), administrator of the NMAT by GMAC™ exam and a global association of leading graduate business schools, today announced the additional registration window for the NMAT by GMAC exam starting January 18 until January 31, 2021.
Candidates can log on to www.nmat.org to register for the exam.
Mr. Gaurav Srivastava, Regional Director, South Asia, GMAC said, “At GMAC we are committed towards providing more convenience and better service to candidates and schools. This year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are going to offer an additional window of the NMAT by GMAC exam. This is to help candidates who might have missed taking the test earlier as well as schools that require more applications and have extended their applications deadline. I am also pleased to share that K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management is now an NMAT-accepting B-School for all their programs.”
Commenting on the development, Ms. Bina Sharma, Director, Product Management, GMAC said, “The hallmark of the NMAT by GMAC exam has been its candidate friendly features. We responded to the COVID-19 situation by enabling testing both at test centers with social distancing protocols and an online proctored exam at home for the regular and late registration cycle. We will continue to extend the same services even for the additional registration window.”
Interested candidates should note the following things about the additional registration window:
Who is not eligible?
Candidates who have used all three attempts for the NMAT by GMAC exam for the testing year 1st July 2020 – 30th June 2021 cannot register for the additional window. This means the candidates who have taken the main attempt as well as the two re-takes, cannot avail this opportunity.
Important Points to note:
- Additional window registrations will start from 18th January, 2021 till 31st January, 2021
- Exam delivery will start from 2nd February, 2021 to 8th February, 2021
- Candidates who already have an account but could not register earlier, can use their existing account and complete the registration. There is no need to create a new account.
- Both exam at test center and online proctored exam at home option will be available for candidates to choose preferred exam mode.
- Slots will be available on specific dates within this window for online testing and seats will be booked on first come, first served basis
- Slots will be available across all test centers in India only, on first come, first served basis
- Only one exam attempt will be allowed within this exam delivery window
- INR 2300 plus taxes for main attempt or retake attempt during January 18, 2021 to January 31, 2021
Some of the unique features of the exam that help candidates perform better, assess their performance, and play to their strengths with added convenience and flexibility this year are:
- Equal weightage to all sections and no negative marking
- 108 questions instead of 120 questions while exam duration remains 120 minutes
- Re take opportunities to improve score
- Instant score preview and official score card within 48 hours for Candidates and Schools
- Testing options at test center with social distancing norms & online proctored at home
- 52 conveniently located testing centers across 62 Indian Cities
The NMAT by GMAC™ is a computer-based exam and has three sections - Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning.
The NMAT by GMAC™ is accepted by the following Institutes:
India: SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Indore Navi Mumbai and Chandigarh; Indian School of Business (ISB) - (Advanced Management Programme in Business Analytics (AMPBA); SPJIMR - Mumbai (For PGMPW); Xavier University, Bhubaneswar; SDA Bocconi Asia Center; ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations; K.J Somaiya Institute of Management, School of Inspired Leadership (Soil); Alliance University, Bangalore; Athena School of Management , Mumbai; Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida; Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University; Bennett University, Delhi NCR; Universal Business School; Woxsen School of Business Management, Hyderabad; Thapar School of Management, Chandigarh; ISBR Business School, Bengaluru, Karnataka; Jain University- CMS Business School; Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad; BSE Institute Limited, Mumbai; Master’s Union School of Business; Amity University, Delhi NCR; SRM University, Chennai, Delhi NCR; Sonipat University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun; BML Munjal University, Delhi; VIT University, Vellore; ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai; Mody University, Rajasthan; GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam; Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad; Jindal Global Business school – Delhi NCR; Chitkara University; IFIM College, Bangalore; VijayBhoomi University; MYRA school of Business (Global MBA- Dalhousie University); IIHMR University; Ansal University; Lovely Professional University; IILM University
Philippines: Asian Institute of Management; Ateneo Graduate School of Business; Virata School of Business, University of the Philippines; De La Salle University – Dasmariñas; School of Business Administration, Arellano University; De La Salle University
South Africa: Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS); Milpark Business School; North West University; Rhodes Business School; University of South Africa Graduate School of Business Leadership; WITS Business; Nelson Mandela University Business School; University of Cape Town (UCT)
Nigeria: Lagos Business School; Lead City University; Redeemer’s University; Afe Babalola University; Covenant University, Nigeria
Stay informed, Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous.