Published : Wednesday, 29 July, 2015 04:05 PM
Missouri State University (MSU), long-established university of mid-west US, is now accepting admission applications for the Master of Public Administration (MPA) programme, offered under its Political Science Department. The interdisciplinary course focuses to prepare a student in public service.
MSU is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, US, which ensures that the MPA programme, along with other university programmes, meets standards for excellence in higher education.Master of Public Administration, a 39-hour (minimum) programme, provides you with the opportunity to specialize in the areas of public safety, local government management and public policy.
The Master of Public Administration prepares an individual for a career in public service and provides professional development to those who lead public agencies and non-profit organisations. The programme aims to develop theoretical and analytical insights into the problems of governance in a democratic society, the interplay between politics and public service, and the relationships between elected officials and bureaucracy.
The successful completion of this degree will enable candidates to use essential tools for success in the public sector, develop new ideas and strategies for dealing with society’s problem and shape policies that benefit the public.
Why choose MPA at MSU:
- At MSU,special focus is on practical application, in combination with the University’s public affairs mission, means that your experience in the public administration graduate program prepares you for a role as an ethical, culturally competent and engaged public sector leader.
- The MPA director, Dr. Patrick Scott said, “We have a diverse faculty who have accomplishments in teaching, scholarship and community service, which is matched by a programme that provides you with the opportunity to specialise in several public and government areas. Also during the course period, it is mandatory for students to take up an in-service training in an approved local, county, state, federal, non-profit or other approved agency.”
- MSU provides its students access to The Meyer Library - Missouri’s only United Nations document depository; Home to nearly two million state and federal documents in its Government Collection, research assistance, subject guides, indexes, database, academic journals and international newspapers.
Who can apply?
- Students with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university can apply.
- A GPA of 3.00 is considered as a standard GPA. Applicants with GPA less than 3.00 are encouraged to submit other indicators of their potential.
Benefit to Indian students:
- Students will be able to communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry.
- The well-organised on and off campus housing facilities at MSU are a boon to Indian students.
- Exposure to new cultures at MSU as it has over 1,500 students from over 85 countries which render ample opportunities for cultural exchange and developing networks.
Tuition fees for the course is $4950
About Missouri State University: Missouri State University, Missouri, USA established in the year 1905, MSU is the second-largest university in Missouri with over 23,000 students currently studying out of which 1,500 are international students representing over 85 countries worldwide. The Princeton University reviewed it as ‘The Best in the Midwest distinction’. MSU has a world-class faculty with over 90% faculty holding a terminal degree in their field of study. The university comprises of a school of agriculture, a graduate college and six academic colleges namely, College of Arts & Letters, College of Business, College of Health & Human Services, College of Humanities & Public Affair, College of Natural & Applied Sciences and College of Education. MSU provides state-of-the-art facility for its students which include on-campus residence halls and dining centers, a student union, a world-class library, a brand new recreational center and dedicated academic facilities. Both on-campus and off-campus housing facilities are available at MSU.
For more details, please log on to: http://international.missouristate.edu/india
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous