MBA aspirants who are about to appear in GD being conducted by MBA institutes at present should note that following 10 Tips for GD:
- Understand - Understand the topic before attempting to contribute.
- Speak and Initiate - Try and get a chance to speak. If you can't get a chance to speak make your chance.Take the initiative to begin the discussion, if possible.
- Structure - Structure arguments logically - justify your stand.
- Summaries- Summaries the discussion effectively
- Involve- Take active part throughout the GD.
- Assert- Be assertive.
- Articulate- Work continuously towards articulating your ideas into meaningful sentences to make the best impact. Be clear in your speech.
- Emphasize.-Use non-verbal communication to emphasize points.
- Listen- Be an attentive listener.
- Quality, not quantity matters- it's not 'how much' you say, but 'what' you say that's important.
To prepare for a group discussion, keep track of happenings around the world. Being aware of current affairs and issues and happenings, which affect our lives, however remotely, shows a well-rounded personality. Make a habit of reading newspapers and magazines, watch interesting documentaries and profiles on television to get a wider perspective on issues.
IMPORTANT FOR YOU
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous