Published : Lavleen Kaur Kapoor | June 29, 2015 | 05:00 PM IST
The buzz is around that in all probability, new 6 IIMs which have been announced by present government will also come in to commencement this year and will accept CAT 2015 scores besides 4 IITs for their MBA programs and 200 plus MBA Institutes who run flagship programs of AICTE approved PGDM
IIMs (13 Present)
IIM Ahmedabad, IIMBangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Indore, IIMLucknow , IIM Kozhikode, IIM Raipur, IIM Udaipur, IIM Shilong , IIM Kashipur, IIM Ranchi, IIM Rohtak and IIM Tiruchirappalli
IIMs (6 Announced)
- IIM Vizag in state in Andhra Pradesh
- IIM Bodh Gaya in State of Bihar
- IIM Sirmur in State of Himachal Pradesh
- IIM Nagpur in State of Maharashtra
- IIM Sambalur in state of Orissa
- IIM Amritsar in State of Punjab
200 plus MBA institutes will also accept CAT 2015 scores but aspirants will have to fill separate application forms I individual institute and CAT convening authority term these institutes as NON IIM members Institutes.
This year’s CAT will be conducted by IIM A and Prof. BandyopadhyayTathagatais the convener of CAT 2015
It is reported that notification of CAT 2015 will be out in all newspapers on Sunday, 26th July, 2015
As per the past trends, the CAT 2015 will also include two sections with 50 questions in each section :
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (DI)
- Verbal Ability (VA) and Logical Reasoning (LR)
Important for CAT 2015 aspirants
- The duration of Examination is likely to be 170 minutes.
- Candidates may attempt any section first. The questions can be answered out of sequence too.
- Toggling between sections is also possible to attempt questions.
- On-screen timer will mark remaining minutes for the test.
- Three (3) points will be awarded for each correct answer; one (1) point will be deducted for each wrong answer.
CAT 2015 Eligibility
You must hold a Bachelor's degree, having 50 % marks or equivalent CGPA. (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Able (DA) category) awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
List of Equivalent Qualifications for Eligibility for CAT 2015 are given below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2/Post B.Sc./Post Diploma ) or B.E/B.Tech equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institution of Engineers -India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India).
- Any Qualification recognized by Association of Indian Universities New Delhi, which is equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree awarded by UGC recognized University/Institutions.
- Cases not covered above equivalency certificate to be produced from Association of Indian Universities New Delhi.
As per the Government of India:
- 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC)
- 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates
- 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non - creamy” layer (NC - OBC).
- 3% seats are reserved for Differently Abled (DA) candidates
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous