Published : Lavleen Kaur Kapoor | July 29, 2015 | 06:32 PM IST
After having released the notification of CAT 2015, it is being perceived that CAT ’15 will be having lot of changes but on the contrary when we analysed the notification, we found the only major changes as follows:
CAT 2015 will be applicable to top 100 plus MBA institutes besides 19 IIMs.
- 6 New IIMs are at Amritsar, Bodh Gaya, Nagpur, Sambalpur, Sirmaur, Visakhapatnam
- Allotted Time for Exam will be for 180 minutes with 60 minutes for each section
- There will be 3 Sections in CAT 2015 and these will be
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)
QA section will have 34 questions, DILR will have 32 questions and VRC will have 34 questions. Total 100 questions exam will be completed in 3 hours.
From the point of view of CAT aspirants the major concern is three sections. In a way in CAT 2015 these sections are overlapping and it is old wine in new bottle. How?
Quantitative Ability section is in any case different, DILR will be having mixed bag of questions of Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning whereas VRC will comprise of mixed bag of verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension passages.
It won’t be redundant to add here that focused CAT aspirant like you will not be getting shaken by unnecessary blogs and would continue to have clarity on fundaments of each section in detail.
Related News / Articles on CAT 2015
Stay informed, Stay ahead and Stay inspired with MBA Rendezvous