Published : Saurav Seth | September 24, 2015 | 06:54 PM IST
It’s a million dollar question for all MBA aspirants that how often they should take Mock test for preparing for the examinations.
But it is pertinent to note that as a MBA aspirant Mock test for you will positively take your preparation to a next level. Mocks always help you to do your SWOT and convert your weaknesses into strength.
Do you really get idea on exam through Mock?
It depends upon the quality of the Mock test and whether the pattern of the exam has been taken into account or not. But in general if the Mock test is tougher than the perceived the toughness of the exam, it is better to be alarmed on the weaknesses and in this regard Mock tests are infact very helpful and the outcome always help to keep cool for the exam.
What may be ideal time to start Mock?
Expert advise is that you must take your own fear out pertaining to an exam and must understand your own weaknesses, strengths hence, for this matter Mock tests are always in time and with the help of quality Mock test you must continue to achieve all the strengths and till the time you are feeling confident on the exam you must continue with multiple Mock tests.
Points of purpose
- Mock tests are “MOCK” tests or practice tests that are taken in a “simulated” environment.
- Practice tests/mock tests tell you your level of preparation. That is why; if they point out to a certain weak link it should be taken care of immediately.
- Mock Tests are neither easy nor tough than the actual exam. They are simply unpredictable like the actual test.
- Do analyze your mistakes through mock tests but don’t take them to your heart and lose confidence or become over confident.
- Confidence is not dependent upon your performance in the final exam but it is rather a state of mind that is dependent on your attitude and perception.
Mock tests are really useful for the most common sections of Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning. All these three sections are the most common sections in all MBA entrance examinations viz. CAT / XAT / IIFT / SNAP / NMAT / CMAT & MAT.
Before you attempt the Mocks it is advisable to clear in fundamentals of the above sections and in this regard NCERT books are most handful books to have clarity not only on the above but to gain confidence.